Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:26:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC on the rise again !  (Read 1856 times)
shad_90 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:30:02 PM

I noticed that BTC value is rising. What could be the reason for this rise, and how much it will rise. I remember once it went up to 1000$.  Grin
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:37:18 PM

ahh generally china stock close, crisis in greece (grexit) and no scandal last months around bitcoin. bitcoin is still developing, growing, new services literally pop out every day and this is just logical trend:)
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:58:03 PM

I noticed that BTC value is rising. What could be the reason for this rise, and how much it will rise. I remember once it went up to 1000$.  Grin

There's a lot of people that haven't entered the BTC market yet and are waiting each other's position, people with TONS of money are waiting on the sidelines for each other to take the first step. All of the evidence of BTC being the next revolution since the internet is stacking up on a daily basis. It's only a mater of time we have another mega bubble that goes past the last AH.
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:03:06 PM

There's a lot of people that haven't entered the BTC market yet and are waiting each other's position, people with TONS of money are waiting on the sidelines for each other to take the first step. All of the evidence of BTC being the next revolution since the internet is stacking up on a daily basis. It's only a mater of time we have another mega bubble that goes past the last AH.

Do you think it will come this year? We've seen from the last bubble that it happens fast and blind sides everyone.
What's your take.

-Sent from my CIRC wallet-
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:17:32 PM

The reason for this spike is because of the attention it has received with the Greece default situation, making people believe tha tbitcoin could actually be a logical escape from the solution but sadly, that is not true. Also, the Chinese stock market crash and the investors peeking interest in bitcoin has everybody really excited for bitcoin. It will spike upto 300-350$ according to my opinion, but will soon come down too.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:01:57 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2015, 07:16:10 PM by pedrog

It could have something to do with the huge litecoin dump, I assume a bunch of those litecoins are being used to buy bitcoin, also trades litecoin/fiat, fiat may then being used to buy bitcoin, as it is the next logical investment, but who knows?

Scamc0p

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:32:30 PM

I noticed that litecoin took off suddenly in the last month but is now coming back down to earth. I was seeing from $2.50-$10 in two weeks then coming back to $4 today.
CarlesPuyol
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:43:39 PM

Big whales control the market. My guess is that they were buying all the way down, and now they need to sell all the way up.
We will see nice raise and then big fall again.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 08:06:08 PM

There is a direct coherence with the crises in China, Greece and Venezuela with the rise of Bitcoin again.
Only around Greece, there were so many news article about the option to introduce a cryto currency as a parallel currency. This directly affects Bitcoin price.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 08:56:37 PM

There is a direct coherence with the crises in China, Greece and Venezuela with the rise of Bitcoin again.
Only around Greece, there were so many news article about the option to introduce a cryto currency as a parallel currency. This directly affects Bitcoin price.

How do you know Greece affects the price? It's kinda the same as when the first huge peak started to over $200 back in mid 2013. People said it was due to Cyprus. But that wasn't the case.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 09:58:24 PM

How do you know Greece affects the price?

Apparently no one knows about this as this is merely a speculation and hype. Sadly hype and speculation is what affects the price currently. People in greece has their money tied so it is definitely not them that driven the price higher. However there has been alot of news about speculation that Greece could be switching to crypto soon, that could be the reason why most people are speculating on it and purchased more. The chinese stockmarket issue is another fuel for the hype as well

It could have something to do with the huge litecoin dump

Definitely not this as because even without the litecoin dump, the price has almost reached $290 yesterday and keeping litecoin while BTC price is rising is a profit as well because the markets are connected LTC/BTC - LTC/FIAT

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:20:33 PM

The reason for the recent rise cannot be determined with certainty. It's possible that the events in Greece and China might have an influence, but that can't be proven. If these events have an influence I'd think that it is mostly indirect because of media reporting on the general uncertainty, but not Greek or Chinese people buying Bitcoin en masse.

We don't know yet how sustainable the current rise will be, although it looks like that at least the downtrend has been broken.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 08:54:51 AM

The reason for the recent rise cannot be determined with certainty. It's possible that the events in Greece and China might have an influence, but that can't be proven. If these events have an influence I'd think that it is mostly indirect because of media reporting on the general uncertainty, but not Greek or Chinese people buying Bitcoin en masse.

We don't know yet how sustainable the current rise will be, although it looks like that at least the downtrend has been broken.

ya.ya.yo!

most likely someone is playing on those hype in the hope that some fish will get in, and it seems working good for him, there will be a dump at some point in this pump, be prepared

after all the fake pump that there were in the past months, i'm sceptical about any rise, until it prove itself to be a really strong rise, still not the case, there is a % of uncertainty here
tyrexs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 09:20:00 AM

some crisis right now give effect to bitcoin maybe thats why  bitcoin price rise up and we don't know the current rise will be rise to ...

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 09:37:11 AM

Each economical uncertainty has caused an increase of Bitcoin price since 2010.

Could you show me a proof that the Cryprus crisis was not associated with the Bitcoin rise back in 2013?

How do you know Greece affects the price? It's kinda the same as when the first huge peak started to over $200 back in mid 2013. People said it was due to Cyprus. But that wasn't the case.
BTCPOOLMINING

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 09:39:36 AM

I think btc will rise to $500, also litecoin will rise because of upcoming block halving, its good see uptrend its a good time for investors to invest in btc

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:04:37 AM

I know that you know it, but now, we are ~6 USD from 6 months maximum 309.90 (on bitstamp). corresponding meme available:

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:32:37 AM

I think btc will rise to $500, also litecoin will rise because of upcoming block halving, its good see uptrend its a good time for investors to invest in btc

bitcoin to $500 is a bit too optimistic. i think a prediction of $400 is more reasonable. let's first manage to stay above $300 level for a while. if we can manage that, we can move further up.
Scamc0p

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:07:56 PM

Big whales control the market. My guess is that they were buying all the way down, and now they need to sell all the way up.
We will see nice raise and then big fall again.
I want to say, I hope so. Then I will grab some coins. I missed in April when it was $219 and am now kicking myself for stalling and not buying.  Huh
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 11:07:46 PM

The question is not if, the question is when? I don't see Bitcoin reaching $500 within this or next month. The current rise is too fast to be sustainable - a correction will come sooner or later for sure.

I wouldn't bet on Litecoin because of the reward halving, because there are a lot of other altcoins available that compete with it and these might become more profitable to mine compared to Litecoin after the halving. So miners might simply switch.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████