Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:39:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best BTC wallet?  (Read 4519 times)
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:58:12 AM

Try wallet32, it's the best btc wallet i have used so far and i have about 7 differant btc apps, only problem is no signed message option.

Mycelium would have to be one of the easist to use i have found and pairs great for cold storage, i also have the mycelium entropy to help with better security.

I use Coinjar for btc purchases and cash out but like Coinbase you dont control your own private keys so i never leave btc there for long.
And as others have said, never leave your btc on an exchange.

d4n13

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:14:28 AM

Since you ask this week, I'd say the answer is two fold:
  • A wallet that will suggest a TxFee that has some hope of succeeding in the current congestion.
  • A wallet that lets you customize the fee you pay for TXs base on the fee suggestions

Only one I know that does both is Bitcoin-Qt 0.10.2

Might not be the answer you were looking for.

scottian

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:14:34 AM

I use core and coinjar (outside of U.S) and haven't had any problems in over 2 years.
qwep
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:23:11 AM

I have been using electrum for a while now i think is the best way to have a computer wallet dont really use any 3rd party sites with all the fishing and hacking problems this year.
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:57:53 AM

Since you ask this week, I'd say the answer is two fold:
  • A wallet that will suggest a TxFee that has some hope of succeeding in the current congestion.
  • A wallet that lets you customize the fee you pay for TXs base on the fee suggestions

Only one I know that does both is Bitcoin-Qt 0.10.2

Might not be the answer you were looking for.
No best wallets. There are just better wallets that fit your needs.  Bitcoin-Core provides best security and utility. You can use it as your main wallet! Blockchain is convenient and easy to use. You can use for your daily spending!

scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:23:05 AM

I have been using electrum for a while now i think is the best way to have a computer wallet dont really use any 3rd party sites with all the fishing and hacking problems this year.

I have also been using electrum for a while too, is one of the best solutions out there, i have a buddy that did a few plugins for me for price tickers and price alarms and is pretty cool what people could do with the plug in support.

ANdr0id

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:32:33 AM

To be straight forward with that question:
There is no "Best" Wallet.
There will always be a wallet coming out and the updates or revision will always be better than it's predecessor.
But if I had to pick one I would say coinbase as so many others have said. They haven't really changed the format or layout of their site, because their isn't much to change if it already works well.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:44:21 AM

At the moment I'd say stay away from any wallet without an adjustable fee option. Miners gotta eat.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 04:58:38 AM

There's no good or bad wallet, there's only good or bad choices.

Now you can try an online wallet and store your bitcoins there. That will probably be the baddest decision you will ever make.

And you can try some of the most leading paper wallets and store your bitcoins offline. That's pretty much the right way to go.

daddybios
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1098

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 05:21:59 AM

I do not like the wallet electrum. I prefer multibit.
Now test "alpha.blockchain.info." They promise that it will be reliable.

Freedom to Ross Ulbricht!
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 06:02:25 AM

I don't think anyone has shared this link yet -> https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

This might help you select a wallet based on your needs. There's no one best wallet, but a lot are better than others. And a lot requires some protocol to be considered "better than the rest" and if you're not willing to follow that protocol that particular wallet won't work well for you.

daddybios
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1098

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 06:16:04 AM

based on your needs
There is another option.
If you just want to keep you can generate Bitcoins wallet on the "generator wallets" and save the private key (not in the computer)

Freedom to Ross Ulbricht!
cyberarmy786

Activity: 223

VIrtual credit card and virtual Bank account

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 06:26:01 AM

i am looking bets btc site who have opencart plugin for automatic payment m so anyone recomand me?

suntrust vba $8 instant verify vcc start with 4$  http://cheapvccs.com
Skype click here for add me automatic http://goo.gl/wzeIZl
ragi

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 06:30:39 AM

Electrum is the best. I am very happy with it. You should give it a try.

no.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 09:04:05 AM

As many have already said, there is no real good or bad wallet, however.....

I personally believe in the fact that you should trust nobody when it comes to bitcoins just as with money. So in my opinion, a good wallet is one where you have full control over the wallet and the private keys contained within that wallet. If you don't it means that you are putting your trust in somebody else and we all know how that turns out most of the time.

Personally I work with MyCelium and paper wallets. Many do not like paper wallets or find them a pain to work with but for me it offers the best security and it's actually very easy and straightforward to use. I just import a paper wallet and send what I don't need back to the next paper wallet in line so the bulk of my coins are always in a paper wallet.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 09:22:01 AM

I have many desktop wallets and a few online wallets. I also have a ledger hardware wallet for my hoard. I use multi it for small amounts and occasionally take micro payments to my online capo and coin awe.
There are so many free wallets out there, what's to stop you trying them all?

I absolutely recommend you do invest in a hardware wallet though. One theft can ruin you.
bitplanetz

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:48:26 PM

Usually i just generated from paperwallet and only imported private key to blockchain wallet whenever i need it
BillyBones

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:06:03 PM

I am using blockchain.info for few months, but I do not face any such problem as you have experienced and for future information I will note down your points, I would like to try my wallet on Mycelium and read positive feedback about it from our bitcointalk members.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:10:15 PM

Why not multibit, seems fast. For Android, I hear electrum is good.

Multibit will charge you extra fees to use their wallet. in other ways they force you to pay fee to the wallet devs in order to be able to send your transactions.
Electrum is much better.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:25:16 PM

Why not multibit, seems fast. For Android, I hear electrum is good.

Multibit will charge you extra fees to use their wallet. in other ways they force you to pay fee to the wallet devs in order to be able to send your transactions.
Electrum is much better.

Caveat about Multibit classic: the miner fee is fixed at .0001, so expect to wait in line for a long while if you plan to send coins.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: