Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:56:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: i am starting to turn against bitcoin technology ..  (Read 2501 times)
aztecminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:21:19 PM

i have several strong arguments against bitcoin technology.. i have been wronged multiple times for no reason. i am like everyone else here doing the same things everyone else here is doing.. except i am being wronged.. i am going to turn against this technology because of it. i always say friends is better than enemies, but once i am forced to turn then i say some enemies is best to stay enemies. this is the warning shot over the bow. keep wronging me and i am going to turn hardcore against bitcoin technology .
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:23:32 PM

Whoa deja vu: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg11852493#msg11852493

Please. Tell us more.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:26:30 PM

i have several strong arguments against bitcoin technology.. i have been wronged multiple times for no reason. i am like everyone else here doing the same things everyone else here is doing.. except i am being wronged.. i am going to turn against this technology because of it. i always say friends is better than enemies, but once i am forced to turn then i say some enemies is best to stay enemies. this is the warning shot over the bow. keep wronging me and i am going to turn hardcore against bitcoin technology .

God forgives, I don't.
ransomer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:34:41 PM

I have no idea what happened with you.

However, to the larger issue of people getting hacked and otherwise losing money because of bitcoin... we cannot afford much more of that before the whole thing loses the last bit of trust.

So if I was a criminal considering stealing 100k coins from some exchange or wallet or what not... I would think twice... because whatever I own before myself might become worthless if we have many more scandals.

We as a community need some easy security for our coins.. otherwise noone will put serious wealth into it.

"Only put in the bank what you can afford to lose...the rest you keep in your mattress.." - as long as this statement is valid.. bitcoin is far inferior at holding people's wealth than the current banking system.

... the good news is... this hopefully can be fixed.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:36:08 PM

God forgives, I don't.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Hollingsworth

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:52:34 PM

A wise Shaolin warrior once said:

"We know that where there is no contention, there is neither defeat nor victory. The supple willow does not contend against the storm, yet it survives."
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:58:52 PM

Tell us what you beef is and you never know, someone might be along to help you solve it.
Hopalong

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:01:08 PM

Right you are! Eh wrong...
ransomer

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:16:29 PM

We as a community need some easy security for our coins.. otherwise noone will put serious wealth into it.

There has been easy security for bitcoins for years. It's up to you, as the user, to take advantage of those things which can provide easy security.

Are you serious? Do you consider the current solutions to keep bitcoins safe and useful good enough for the average population of IT-phobes, grandmothers, farmers in mongolia, the local plummer, and on and on?
aztecminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:23:20 PM

God forgives, I don't.

unfortunately i don't believe in YOUR god.. so i guess that makes us even.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 05:36:06 PM

You have been wronged?  I will bet your story pales to mine.

Cry me a river.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
aztecminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:36:41 PM

Tell us what you beef is and you never know, someone might be along to help you solve it.

i don't want to go into details. i think it is something that is temporary that some others are cooperating with. when that temporary thing goes away then will be left with the problems that the temporary caused. here is a story me and my friends always say ::

there was a young good looking biker named UGLY sitting in the bar .. another person walks up to him and asks, "why do they call a nice young good-looking man like you UGLY?" he replied: "because i can get mighty dam UGLY at times" .

i don't want that to happen, but if i am going to continue to be wronged because of something temporary wants me to be wronged and people cooperate with that then i am going to be turned into a permanent enemy. there are some flaws in bitcoin technology that can be exploited and i'm going to start exploiting those holes because i am being turned into an enemy.

i always say: "friends is better than enemies, but some enemies is best to stay enemies" .

nothing against you all bitcoiners. as i said i am fond to the bitcoin community. i been here awhile.. but i am not going to be wronged and do nothing about it. first time.. ok.. second time...hmm alright.. third time.. fukit i am turning.

aztecminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:39:39 PM

Cry me a river.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:41:36 PM

i don't want to go into details. i think it is something that is temporary that some others are cooperating with. when that temporary thing goes away then will be left with the problems that the temporary caused. here is a story me and my friends always say ::

All this stress testing crap perhaps? Why not muck in and contribute to a solution rather than going rogue? That sounds a bit corrosive for everyone including yourself.
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:44:43 PM

Bitcoin is only a tool. If you've been "wronged", it's either due to, your actions, the actions of another human being, or your incorrect or limited understanding (and therefor unrealized expectations) of Bitcoin.

Someone could hack and steal from a bitcoin exchange or online wallet service.  Then you would have sort of been "wronged" with no wrong doings yourself.  You defiantly wouldn't deserve it.  Security when it comes to HUGE accounts of coins seems like the biggest threat to me with the technology.

ransomer

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:49:57 PM

There has been easy security for bitcoins for years. It's up to you, as the user, to take advantage of those things which can provide easy security.

Are you serious? Do you consider the current solutions to keep bitcoins safe and useful good enough for the average population of IT-phobes, grandmothers, farmers in mongolia, the local plummer, and on and on?

I'm not interested in them. I'm not looking for Bitcoin to go "mainstream". Bitcoin is a powerful tool which requires full responsibility of the user. Look at the state of the world today and tell me with a straight face that people are good at taking responsibility for their actions.

These people you mention will pay middlemen to use their services in exchange for user friendliness and protection, just like they've always done.

If a user is willing to learn and take responsibility for themselves, they can most certainly use existing tools to enjoy the benefits Bitcoin can provide them. Those that do will gain an advantage on those that don't.

That's fine then. Bitcoin is where the internet was in early 1990s, and the same lack of usability - but with some hardcore coders insisting it was fine and could do anything... just that some users were incompetent.

This is obviously a very narrowminded view if we ever want bitcoin to get wider adoption.

But - if you don't want wider adoption and bitcoin only used behind the scenes for example as you seem to suggest.. then it might be somewhat okay now. Although I still think it is almost embarrassing having to print out paper notes and save them under the mattress or safe or whatever in the modern times we live in. Even for limited use of bitcoin I surely hope we see some further innovation here.
aztecminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:00:19 PM

Cry me a river.

it probably does.. i have not lost anything really. although i think the intentions are there.
aztecminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:01:56 PM

All this stress testing crap perhaps? Why not muck in and contribute to a solution rather than going rogue? That sounds a bit corrosive for everyone including yourself.

maybe i will .. i don't like to go negative like that.. but sometimes it is forced upon us... i will think on it some more.
shad_90

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:04:56 PM

When you talk about online business, almost everyone has been wronged. Don't be so hard on yourself. Internet is mostly world of deception. You don't know, most of the times, with who you are talking and dealing.
It is not unique with BTC. You can find numerous example of people becoming victims of frauds related to fiat money.
          Bitcoin still needs improvement. Difficulty with BTC is that it is anonymous. My opinion is that there should be two types of BTC wallets: anonymous, and identity verified, just like internet: Tor and Public. This will ensure the fair play and boost people's trust in BTC.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 06:15:59 PM

Considering all the things that have wronged me and people, I should be turning my back on pretty much anything right now.
This thread was really unnecessary and the staff should move it to off topic. Rather than making this thread you should have just left.

I'm pretty sure that Bitcoin can survive without weaker hands. Good luck with your next endeavor.  Smiley

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: