Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:09:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling my religion  (Read 1375 times)
btcANGEL

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 10:36:05 PM

I bid 0.0001 in genuine non-negative non-Discordian bitcoins, provided you can answer the following questions:

1. I never had any confession before. My soul is pure.

Do you have any outstanding soul debts, including any tulpas, thoughtforms, Horcruxes, or negative karma from previous lives/sockpuppets?

2. I did not participate in any christian crusades, islamic hunt for journalists, or the like

No experience necessary, will train the right person.

3. I'm a scientist and believe in big bang and the great LHC. So it is not possible to make me a convert by arguments.

As long as I don't ask what you believe, you exist in a state of simultaneous salvation and damnation.

4. I wear a black belt in Karaoke. In some areas i'm a fearsome karaoke-master.

Excellent. My team is still upset about losing that fiddle contest.

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
Bitznbitz

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 08:20:20 PM

needs more pasta...
MarkOST

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 09:58:53 PM

Some people have actually succeeded in this. One guy agreed to be paid for a pastor to take him out to lunch and have a "philosophical debate". But I think you have to sound sincere about it.

If certain religious groups, such as Christians actually believed in a eternal hell with extreme pain they would be much more focused on saving others.

Imagine if you saw a stranger trapped under a car, flesh being slowly burned away by the flames and would surely suffer and die without help. Nearly any sain person would rush to their aid as it makes us sick to see others in that condition.

But religious who pretend in these "punishments" don't really believe it, as much as they only feel a smug satisfaction of special treatment by a omnipotent being upon death.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: