Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:23:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Way I Can Save My Ass?  (Read 767 times)
e_trader (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:14:05 PM

So I wasn't paying great attention when I sent over a payment through bitcoin core and left the transaction fee at the "Recommendation" of 0.00001507 BTC/kb. Now it's been sitting 12 hours, without a single confirmation. Is there any way I can take this back and resend it with a normal amount of transaction fee?
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 10:16:26 PM

So I wasn't paying great attention when I sent over a payment through bitcoin core and left the transaction fee at the "Recommendation" of 0.00001507 BTC/kb. Now it's been sitting 12 hours, without a single confirmation. Is there any way I can take this back and resend it with a normal amount of transaction fee?

No. The bullet is out of the gun. Either it will hit the target and get confirmed that it was shot or it will die midway, while you need to have another shot.

p.s. If you know the recepient, you may ask him to spend it with some higher fee. If you are lucky, then your Tx may be picked up by some CPFP miner.

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:18:51 PM

Know what you're saying, I've got an incoming stuck 24 hours ago.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 6737

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 10:19:31 PM

You can't take it back, but after a couple days, if it isn't confirmed, it will be "forgotten" by the network. You won't be able to find it on any block explorer and your client should show that the Bitcoin was never sent. In that case, just resend it but use a higher fee.

hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:21:13 PM

You can't take it back, but after a couple days, if it isn't confirmed, it will be "forgotten" by the network. You won't be able to find it on any block explorer and your client should show that the Bitcoin was never sent. In that case, just resend it but use a higher fee.

I dont think that works. I've had the original sender send me some more and that hasn't worked.

achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 6737

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 10:36:21 PM

I dont think that works. I've had the original sender send me some more and that hasn't worked.

Was that sent before or after the transaction was dropped? It should work if it was sent after it was dropped because then the transaction doesn't really exist. However, before it is dropped, it will be seen as a double spend and the second transaction will not be relayed.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 11:46:01 PM

Don't worry, it happened to me before Just wait. You will see the money back in your client after a while. The network is quite good when it comes to forget transactions which cannot go through because of insufficient fees.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
ransomer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:05:48 AM

Bitcoin is sold with "fast, and virtually free!"

With this attack/test - are we where we need to make it more costly to avoid painfully slow?

Grin
Hexcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:08:03 AM

Don't worry, it happened to me before Just wait. You will see the money back in your client after a while. The network is quite good when it comes to forget transactions which cannot go through because of insufficient fees.

I have the same problem, may i know how many days it takes for your transaction with low fees to be dropped in the memory pool? I got mine for 2days now with .00001 sats fee
horace0812

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:13:53 AM

I have the same problem, may i know how many days it takes for your transaction with low fees to be dropped in the memory pool? I got mine for 2days now with .00001 sats fee

same situation here...
still waiting 2 incoming and 1 outgoing funds to be confirmed,
it is already 12 hours+ ... Angry

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 200 Cryptos  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● TUTORIAL: How to earn 1 btc a week  >>
d4n13

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:24:31 AM

There is a way with some technical skill to up the fees of the original transaction, but with a fair amount of risk.

Right now you have basically tied up the TXOs that were used in the transaction that is sitting in the mempool.  If you were willing to risk more TXOs, you could spend from the change address of your original transaction but add a whole lot of fees to it.  If your real technical you can do this with just your change address.  If your not technical you can do a sweep of your whole wallet and burn all your TXOs in the process.

This method is called CPFP (Child Pays for Parent) and currently 4% of the miners support it.  That means you bump your odds of getting into the blockchain from effectively 0% right now, to about 4%.  If more miners support CPFP this would be common practice.  It would also be great if some wallets actually had a non-technical, point and click way to make a CPFP transaction.

So yeah... think your screwed... either wait, or read up on CPFP.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: