Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:26:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to insult a "progressive"  (Read 650 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:31:24 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCis1U1nFR0

Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 06:52:33 AM

That was interesting, I'm glad to know that by Pat's standards I'm not a progressive - I wasn't insulted. In fact, I agreed with a lot of his political comments, not so much that his POV would be found so offensive. I wonder if he may be giving himself a bit too much credit for being really "out there" in his conservative beliefs. Some of his claims seem abstract - not lacking structure, just claims that aren't discussed commonly, openly, on Fox news (can't include all media of course.) These abstract items aren't good tests for the insults because they aren't broad enough to epitomize the entire Progressive political ideology.

I did find a few things he said to be hypocritical in the sense that he claims they are traits of a Progressive, but Conservatives practice the same ridiculous behavior.

1) "Progressives will only hear what they want to hear" - not a symptom of political ideology, but rather a human trait that affects progressives and conservatives alike (along with every other category of human you can think of.) People that are unwilling to listen to an opposing perspective exist, political beliefs have nothing to do with it.

2) "[Progressives] have double standards" - Agreed, and Conservatives do too. Eg, A foundation conservative belief is less government, however they want legislation to protect the marriage between a man and a woman or to deny the marriage between a man and a man or a woman and a woman. Eg, Conservatives support business however they vehemently oppose looser immigration policies, which would allow cheaper labor to enter the country.

3) "Islam needs to be legislated out of all Western countries" - I don't agree with nor understand this claim. It doesn't align with Conservative values either, which would support open freedoms to practice any religion. I don't think most Conservatives believe this either so this claim would be something to insult both sides of the two party line.

Last, Pat should use the word Liberal rather than Progressive. Do Conservatives not want to make progress on shaping government to their ideals and standards? Of course they do, so by that rationale Conservatives are progressive...some times more, some times less...as "Progressives".

Good stuff, thanks for sharing, would love to know what you think about it, Wil.

LifeLine999

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 12:09:56 AM

Now that was a great clip and post, made me smile  Grin

Regards

Keith

http://www.lifelinefirstaidtrainingbelfast.co.uk/
BLKBITZ

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:22:31 AM

good clip.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:28:57 AM

That was interesting, I'm glad to know that by Pat's standards I'm not a progressive - I wasn't insulted. In fact, I agreed with a lot of his political comments, not so much that his POV would be found so offensive. I wonder if he may be giving himself a bit too much credit for being really "out there" in his conservative beliefs. Some of his claims seem abstract - not lacking structure, just claims that aren't discussed commonly, openly, on Fox news (can't include all media of course.) These abstract items aren't good tests for the insults because they aren't broad enough to epitomize the entire Progressive political ideology.

I did find a few things he said to be hypocritical in the sense that he claims they are traits of a Progressive, but Conservatives practice the same ridiculous behavior.

1) "Progressives will only hear what they want to hear" - not a symptom of political ideology, but rather a human trait that affects progressives and conservatives alike (along with every other category of human you can think of.) People that are unwilling to listen to an opposing perspective exist, political beliefs have nothing to do with it.

2) "[Progressives] have double standards" - Agreed, and Conservatives do too. Eg, A foundation conservative belief is less government, however they want legislation to protect the marriage between a man and a woman or to deny the marriage between a man and a man or a woman and a woman. Eg, Conservatives support business however they vehemently oppose looser immigration policies, which would allow cheaper labor to enter the country.

3) "Islam needs to be legislated out of all Western countries" - I don't agree with nor understand this claim. It doesn't align with Conservative values either, which would support open freedoms to practice any religion. I don't think most Conservatives believe this either so this claim would be something to insult both sides of the two party line.

Last, Pat should use the word Liberal rather than Progressive. Do Conservatives not want to make progress on shaping government to their ideals and standards? Of course they do, so by that rationale Conservatives are progressive...some times more, some times less...as "Progressives".

Good stuff, thanks for sharing, would love to know what you think about it, Wil.

I am not a fan on everything he says. He got infamous when he started talking about islam. Same format. No picture. Just his face. Youtube yanked his channel for hate speech.

I am not a progressive if you can tell  Smiley but I agree conservatives could be deaf sometime. That is why so many of us from so many political views are using bitcoin. In a nutshell I am not a fan of anyone telling me my speech does not belong to me, but to them... Hey! Someone should make a Tshirt!

Pat is english I believe so a "liberal" has a total different meaning in the UK (free market liberal= conservative).
"Progressive" means the same in the US or UK.

Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:04:39 AM

You must be American. Politics dont work on two point axis progressive-conservative. The point of this video is among other things, that self called "progressives" these days resemble religious sect. In fact there is nothing liberal about them.

Webster definition: Liberal is of or constituting a political party associated with ideals of individual especially economic freedom, greater individual participation in government, and constitutional, political, and administrative reforms designed to secure these objectives.

In fact, being "conservative" doesnt exclude you from this sect, fact proven most visibly by Scandinavians, who these days are red and then even more red, no real political opposition exists in those countries (I am aware of Swedish democrats, but those are isolated pariahs).

In short being "progressive" in the west currently means being neomarxist. Supporting LGBT child adoptions on one hand and Sharia law in the streets on the other.

Neomarxist doesnt mean leftists, as ideology has nothing to do with working class and poor anymore. Only minorities and transnational capital interests are counted.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:56:15 AM

Thank goodness we have a lot of Progressives in CONgress. This keeps them fighting among themselves because they are CONgressives as well as Progressives. When they fight among themselves, they often ignore us.

You know the old saying, Congress is opposite of progress.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 11:35:53 AM

Neomarxist doesnt mean leftists, as ideology has nothing to do with working class and poor anymore. Only minorities and transnational capital interests are counted.

Exactly, these fuckers have hijacked the true left and now it's all to do with managing what people can and can't say about others, it's not even really about equality anymore it's all about control. It's like how religious nutcases have gone and hijacked the Republican party.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:04:22 PM

Exactly, these fuckers have hijacked the true left and now it's all to do with managing what people can and can't say about others, it's not even really about equality anymore it's all about control. It's like how religious nutcases have gone and hijacked the Republican party.

Except they didn't and have not hijacked the republican party.  It's owned by neo-progressives as far as I can tell, with a stubborn minority since 2010 of Tea Party conservatives.  Those are mostly fiscal conservatives, with a sizeable fraction of religious conservatives.  None of this comes anywhere close to "religious nutcases hijacking the Repubs" obviously.

What does happen is that a subgroup of a party for their support and such is "owed some favors," and expects some payback.

That happens with every party everywhere though.

Agree with you about the hijacking of the true left.  As I recall in 2008-2009 "libertarians" were often found in the "liberal community" and except for the minority that voted Libertarian, they were democrat.  But they had to be shoved out of the new Totalitarian Left, so now today Libertarians are uber-Conservatives.

Well, welcome to the Republican party, Libertarians.

LOL..
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 10:16:37 PM

I am not a fan on everything he says. He got infamous when he started talking about islam. Same format. No picture. Just his face. Youtube yanked his channel for hate speech.

I am not a progressive if you can tell  Smiley but I agree conservatives could be deaf sometime. That is why so many of us from so many political views are using bitcoin. In a nutshell I am not a fan of anyone telling me my speech does not belong to me, but to them... Hey! Someone should make a Tshirt!

Pat is english I believe so a "liberal" has a total different meaning in the UK (free market liberal= conservative).

This clears it up, the American use of "Liberal" isn't the proper definition. In America it's about people who have less strict (i.e. liberal) views on social policies (mostly). A Democrat = Liberal.

Anyway, I'm with you on free speech. No one can take your speech from you or my speech from me. I also believe that if I'm running a business I have a right to say what speech is being projected on my platform. YouTube isn't censoring Pat, they're just saying "we don't want this speech on our site"...and they have a right to say that. They're not prosecuting Pat. They're not insulting his views. They're not stopping Pat from having his own website from which to broadcast his videos.

The stereotypical Conservative will say - YouTube censored my free speech. And that's another hypocritical stance - YouTube also has a right to broadcast what it wants and that right should not be taken away either. So many people forget this really important consistency in applying the US Bill of Rights.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:45:50 PM

This clears it up, the American use of "Liberal" isn't the proper definition. In America it's about people who have less strict (i.e. liberal) views on social policies (mostly). A Democrat = Liberal.

Anyway, I'm with you on free speech. No one can take your speech from you or my speech from me. I also believe that if I'm running a business I have a right to say what speech is being projected on my platform. YouTube isn't censoring Pat, they're just saying "we don't want this speech on our site"...and they have a right to say that. They're not prosecuting Pat. They're not insulting his views. They're not stopping Pat from having his own website from which to broadcast his videos.

The stereotypical Conservative will say - YouTube censored my free speech. And that's another hypocritical stance - YouTube also has a right to broadcast what it wants and that right should not be taken away either. So many people forget this really important consistency in applying the US Bill of Rights.

Clearly a mob of sjw triggered the yanking when his subject was islam. He is and has been on youtube for years without an issue.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:54:00 PM

Yeah hmm. Not anymore. Most of the censoring is coming from the 'liberals' nowadays. Everything is a trigger warning. Every place needs a "safe space". You need to think twice before laughing at a joke... it is a nightmare. Not created by the conservatives. Liberals are afraid of liberals in academia. Creative thinking is banned. Not officially, but if you want to keep your good name, watch out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFeDFva6tcg

Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 11:58:18 PM

Clearly a mob of sjw triggered the yanking when his subject was islam. He is and has been on youtube for years without an issue.

What's SJW?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 12:20:34 AM

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: