Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:08:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Bitcoin with Chase Quickpay  (Read 1583 times)
Squilly (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:15:36 AM

I'm pretty sure this is in the right place. Looking to buy up to .5 BTC for Chase Quickpay. It's irreversible and completely safe, obviously willing to go first to those that are trusted (pretty much everyone). Anyone looking to sell? Can pay a premium, just shoot me offers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:19:46 AM

https://muut.com/i/localbitcoins/trading:chase-quickpay-scam-im

its reversible, and transactions can be cancelled if they're pending. youre not fooling anyone here.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Squilly (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:28:25 AM

its reversible, and transactions can be cancelled if they're pending. youre not fooling anyone here.
You guys are honestly a bunch of assholes to put it lightly. You automatically accuse every newb of scamming, yet when PayPal is brought up (being one of the worst for reversibility), everyone seems to be fine with it. Quickpay is not reversible once it's picked up, for the record. I wouldn't expect anyone to send BTC until it actually completes.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:37:58 AM

You guys are honestly a bunch of assholes to put it lightly. You automatically accuse every newb of scamming, yet when PayPal is brought up (being one of the worst for reversibility), everyone seems to be fine with it. Quickpay is not reversible once it's picked up, for the record. I wouldn't expect anyone to send BTC until it actually completes.

nice butthurt -ve feedback, really dont care though. you can call us assholes, but we just take steps to ensure our money doesnt get stolen. TC was pretty fast to -ve you too. warning, trade with extreme caution

I'm pretty sure this is in the right place. Looking to buy up to .5 BTC for Chase Quickpay. It's irreversible and completely safe, obviously willing to go first to those that are trusted (pretty much everyone). Anyone looking to sell? Can pay a premium, just shoot me offers.

"yeah dood 200% safe dont even worry about it i give you my word 300% safe"

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:38:26 AM

Just when I thought he couldn't be any more shady, Squilly sinks to new lows. Always wanting to get his hands on BTC, offering every imaginable (and reversible) payment method except for, well, methods that require actual cash that can't be clawed back. *golfclap* Squilly... *golfclap*

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:42:29 AM

Where did you get this "nugget"? I can point you to many threads where the opposite is being said.  Roll Eyes

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Squilly (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:44:22 AM

Just when I thought he couldn't be any more shady, Squilly sinks to new lows. Always wanting to get his hands on BTC, offering every imaginable (and reversible) payment method except for, well, methods that require actual cash that can't be clawed back. *golfclap* Squilly... *golfclap*
I honestly hate this guy. First you block me (hella shady), now you're stalking my threads. Please, enlighten me as to why PayPal isn't frowned upon yet EVERYTHING I HAVE TO BUY WITH IS?!
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:45:22 AM

Where did you get this "nugget"? I can point you to many threads where the opposite is being said.  Roll Eyes

i for one hate paypal. their (absolute gutter water shit) policies have screwed me out of ~200 USD to date. no need to even point him to another thread, just look here. most people here feel the same way about paypal, and only use it to trade btc with the most trusted of members, shdvb and monbux are the first to come to mind.

Squilly (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:45:38 AM

Just seems to be the case with all the open threads. Seems like none of the "trusted users" give noobs a chance. Tomatocage should know I'm not a noob, I sent him documents proving that.
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:45:58 AM

I honestly hate this guy. First you block me (hella shady), now you're stalking my threads. Please, enlighten me as to why PayPal isn't frowned upon yet EVERYTHING I HAVE TO BUY WITH IS?!

What's with your aversion to using methods of payment that require actual cash and are not reversible? Gosh, I wonder! Roll Eyes

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Squilly (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:47:31 AM

nice butthurt -ve feedback, really dont care though. you can call us assholes, but we just take steps to ensure our money doesnt get stolen. TC was pretty fast to -ve you too. warning, trade with extreme caution

How is it reversible then? I don't see it being possible once deposited/picked up, etc.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:48:49 AM

How is it reversible then? I don't see it being possible once deposited/picked up, etc.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=11494.0

heres a nice post from casacius. but im sure you already knew how its done.

Squilly (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:49:21 AM

What's with your aversion to using methods of payment that require actual cash and are not reversible? Gosh, I wonder! Roll Eyes
Sorry, I've mentioned everything I could bring to the table. Bank transfer, Google Wallet, Square Cash, Quickpay, P2P, etc. Yet you'll find an excuse to call me a scammer again anyways. I don't like WU/MoneyGram/wire transfers, sorry. The forum I mentioned via PM to you (will not mention it here) is nowhere near this difficult to conduct a trade. You make it impossible for noobs.
Squilly (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:50:49 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=11494.0

heres a nice post from casacius. but im sure you already knew how its done.
And you wonder why I gave you the negative feedback. Don't call someone a scammer without VALID proof. For the record, I don't mind using Escrow either. When I brought it up though, people still accused me. This forum is shit just because of the alter-ego members that post here.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:52:23 AM

Sorry, I've mentioned everything I could bring to the table. Bank transfer, Google Wallet, Square Cash, Quickpay, P2P, etc. Yet you'll find an excuse to call me a scammer again anyways. I don't like WU/MoneyGram/wire transfers, sorry. The forum I mentioned via PM to you (will not mention it here) is nowhere near this difficult to conduct a trade. You make it impossible for noobs.

Then why do you continue to come here? Seems like the answer to your issue is quite simple.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Squilly (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:54:47 AM

Then why do you continue to come here? Seems like the answer to your issue is quite simple.
To try to successfully exchange. Not one person has given me a chance yet. It's odd, never had this issue on any other forums I frequent. If you're going to say "just leave" as a solution, please don't reply.
josephno1

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Get Free Mobile Data http://get.kickbit.com/1/oexq

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:55:34 AM

Why don't you use do a bank wire transfer from like coinbase or something. Or you could try localbitcoins. Money is hard to come by these days and I don't think it is unreasonable that people are cautious with it.

Also I would like to bring up a point. If a random person claiming to be a Nigerian prince does the general Nigerian scam like crap, is he still a scammer if he hasn't scammed anyone yet. In addition is it unreasonable for people to call him a scammer if the so called Nigerian prince hasn't scammed anyone yet but is exerting scam like behaviors?

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:55:46 AM

You don't have any cash?
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:56:13 AM

To try to successfully exchange. Not one person has given me a chance yet. It's odd, never had this issue on any other forums I frequent. If you're going to say "just leave" as a solution, please don't reply.

As I said:

Albert Einstein
Squilly (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:59:58 AM

Why don't you use do a bank wire transfer from like coinbase or something. Or you could try localbitcoins. Money is hard to come by these days and I don't think it is unreasonable that people are cautious with it.

Also I would like to bring up a point. If a random person claiming to be a Nigerian prince does the general Nigerian scam like crap, is he still a scammer if he hasn't scammed anyone yet. In addition is it unreasonable for people to call him a scammer if the so called Nigerian prince hasn't scammed anyone yet but is exerting scam like behaviors?
I see what you're inferring. I honestly don't see what behaviors I'm exhibiting that are tell-tale signs of a scammer. I've done 300+ exchanges on another forum (PM me for my Excel spreadsheet) and I know what to look out for. You all point out generalizations, although it is vastly different elsewhere. To answer the nigerian prince scenario, it's reasonable not to deal with him due to warnings online, shady english/language and common sense for sending money overseas...
Squilly (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:03:45 AM

You don't have any cash?
I do have cash. I just don't partake in those services (WU, MG, wire, etc). No one locally sells though.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:06:10 AM

I see what you're inferring. I honestly don't see what behaviors I'm exhibiting that are tell-tale signs of a scammer. I've done 300+ exchanges on another forum (PM me for my Excel spreadsheet) and I know what to look out for. You all point out generalizations, although it is vastly different elsewhere. To answer the nigerian prince scenario, it's reasonable not to deal with him due to warnings online, shady english/language and common sense for sending money overseas...
You are trying to buy bitcoin with something that is very much reversible. The fact that you are a brand new account means that the financial/repetitional incentive for you to not attempt to scam is very low. There are a large number of scammers on here that have caused people to be rightfully paranoid about accepting these kinds of payment methods.
I do have cash. I just don't partake in those services (WU, MG, wire, etc). No one locally sells though.

Why don't you buy a USPS money order or a Cashiers check with cash and then buy bitcoin by mailing these in the mail?
josephno1

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:08:09 AM

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_Bitcoins_%28the_newbie_version%29

Here is a link of ideas. I mean do you really not have a credit card/debit card/ability to write checks?

Squilly (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:08:43 AM

You are trying to buy bitcoin with something that is very much reversible. The fact that you are a brand new account means that the financial/repetitional incentive for you to not attempt to scam is very low. There are a large number of scammers on here that have caused people to be rightfully paranoid about accepting these kinds of payment methods.

Why don't you buy a USPS money order or a Cashiers check with cash and then buy bitcoin by mailing these in the mail?
Because that's
a. shady as fuck
b. illegal (or is just sending cash illegal?)

I'd rather take my chances with a nigerian prince than do that.
HellaYellaFella

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:09:33 AM

I can accept cash deposit into my Chase account, but for the reason stated earlier in this thread, I can not do QuickPay. Just let me know how much BTC you want and we can get things started.
Squilly (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:10:40 AM

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_Bitcoins_%28the_newbie_version%29

Here is a link of ideas. I mean do you really not have a credit card/debit card/ability to write checks?
I have the ability to do all three (hence Quickpay).
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:10:47 AM

Because that's
a. shady as fuck

why in the fuck would usps, an agency of the US government, offer money orders if it was illegal? do you even realize what youre saying here? money orders are a secure form of payment: https://www.usps.com/shop/money-orders.htm

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:12:22 AM

In the 2+ weeks you've been looking to buy BTC, you could have just opened up a Circle.com account and been buying $2500 per week, straight from your bank account. I suggest you just go with that route.

Squilly (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:14:35 AM

In the 2+ weeks you've been looking to buy BTC, you could have just opened up a Circle.com account and been buying $2500 per week, straight from your bank account. I suggest you just go with that route.
1. don't like Circle
2. $2500 per week is not instant
3. Buying from other users [usually] is instant, even though there's a premium.

I can accept cash deposit into my Chase account, but for the reason stated earlier in this thread, I can not do QuickPay. Just let me know how much BTC you want and we can get things started.
I don't have a Chase checking account, they're not in my state (PA).

Because that's
a. shady as fuck

why in the fuck would usps, an agency of the US government, offer money orders if it was illegal? do you even realize what youre saying here? money orders are a secure form of payment: https://www.usps.com/shop/money-orders.htm
So you'd willingly send a money order through the mail as payment for a digital currency, eh?
josephno1

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:15:48 AM

While sending cash through the mail may not be a good idea, it isn't illegal to send cash through the mail

http://classroom.synonym.com/postal-laws-sending-money-mail-17208.html

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:17:08 AM

While sending cash through the mail may not be a good idea, it isn't illegal to send cash through the mail

illegal and "bad idea" are two entirely separate things, squilly here doesnt seem to understand that. just because its legal doesnt mean im willing to send money in the mail. payday loans are legal, but it doesnt mean im going to take out a stupid loan with 400% apr. for-profit colleges are legal, but it doesnt mean im going to throw my money at one. synthetic marijuana is legal, doesnt mean im going to smoke it.

Squilly (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:18:25 AM

illegal and "bad idea" are two entirely separate things, squilly here doesnt seem to understand that.
Couldn't even read the second sentence of the webpage, eh?
It is widely believed that it is illegal to mail cash.

My bad for my own ignorance though.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:23:03 AM

Because that's
a. shady as fuck

Sending cash in the mail is not illegal. The USPS actually will insure up to $50,000 in cash if you mail cash in the mail:
Quote from: faq.usps.com searching for "cash"
Money (currency / cash) that is sent through the mail can be insured with the following limits:

Except for Registered Mail, the maximum indemnity for negotiable items (defined as instruments that can be converted to cash without resort to forgery), currency, or bullion, is $15.00.
For Registered Mail™, cash can be insured up to $50,000. For amounts over $50,000, the full value must be declared but the maximum insured value is $50,000.
When a claim is filed, money is replaced at the insured value as indicated above only:

After proof of value is shown (if the actual value was less than the insured amount, then only the actual value is paid).
Important: If you are sending a significant amount of cash, you need to verify with your local office what is considered valid proof of value before mailing the item. You should also verify that it is packaged securely enough to protect a high value item from being harmed during regular mail processing.
After the claim process is completed.
Please Note: Checks are not considered cash and cannot be insured other than for document reconstruction expense.

Huh
Panthers52

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 01:36:23 AM

Sorry to hijack this thread (this shouldn't matter because no business is going to be conducted here anyway). How much are you looking to sell, and at what rate? If the price is right then I could help you out with what is most likely any amount of BTC you are looking to sell. I can do a cash deposit if you like, however there are no Chase banks near where I live so you would need to open an account at another major Bank (if you don't already have one) or we can work out another payment method.

@OP, I am sorry but you are not going to buy bitcoin this way. You might be able to buy with Quickpay in the future after you have a long history of dealing honestly, but you do not have this right now. You should consider waiting for HellaYellaFella to respond to my question and then lock this thread.

PGP 827D2A60

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
HellaYellaFella

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:57:58 AM

I'm not sure why you'd need a Chase checking account to deposit cash into my account. I didn't realize Chase isn't in PA.
HellaYellaFella

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:03:27 AM

Sorry to hijack this thread (this shouldn't matter because no business is going to be conducted here anyway). How much are you looking to sell, and at what rate? If the price is right then I could help you out with what is most likely any amount of BTC you are looking to sell. I can do a cash deposit if you like, however there are no Chase banks near where I live so you would need to open an account at another major Bank (if you don't already have one) or we can work out another payment method.

I can $400 worth of BTC right now at Bitstamp rate.
Panthers52

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 02:29:21 AM

I can $400 worth of BTC right now at Bitstamp rate.
If you could come down to coinbase minus 4% and you covering any escrow/sending fees then we would have a deal. It is after the time that Walmart closes for sending money so I would need to wait until tomorrow to send if you wanted Walmart 2 Walmart and since the banks are closed I would need to wait until Monday to do a cash deposit (either WF or BoA would be preferred)

PGP 827D2A60

Squilly (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:05:42 PM

I'm not sure why you'd need a Chase checking account to deposit cash into my account. I didn't realize Chase isn't in PA.
I've never done a cash deposit. You can deposit into say, Wells Fargo, and it deposits into another bank? Seems anti-competitive, which is why I'd presume Quickpay exists...
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:34:55 PM

You can deposit into say, Wells Fargo, and it deposits into another bank? Seems anti-competitive, which is why I'd presume Quickpay exists...

Are you sure you're ready to be handling Bitcoin?

Panthers52

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 02:38:14 PM

I've never done a cash deposit. You can deposit into say, Wells Fargo, and it deposits into another bank? Seems anti-competitive, which is why I'd presume Quickpay exists...
In order to do a cash deposit:
  • Go to the bank
  • Write up a deposit slip for the account you are depositing into
  • Give the teller the deposit slip and the cash you are depositing
  • Profit!

PGP 827D2A60

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: