Bitcoin Forum
September 01, 2024, 07:03:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone please include my tx from July 6 in a block?  (Read 738 times)
quantumgravity (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 02:11:52 AM

The transaction id is 87e9867354f802ecec1e348e9929491f9caabaf9d570ebde45e18bb20ac4c111-000

It is a very small transaction and not spam. I paid the minimum fee and it got lost in the spam attack taking place that day, I guess. For whatever reason it is still in the mempool. I am very bitpoor, so your help with including this transaction in a block would be greatly appreciated. This is actually a significant amount of BTC for me at this time. Thank you.

mezmerizer9

Activity: 782
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:18:31 AM

The transaction id is 87e9867354f802ecec1e348e9929491f9caabaf9d570ebde45e18bb20ac4c111-000

It is a very small transaction and not spam. I paid the minimum fee and it got lost in the spam attack taking place that day, I guess. For whatever reason it is still in the mempool. I am very bitpoor, so your help with including this transaction in a block would be greatly appreciated. This is actually a significant amount of BTC for me at this time. Thank you.
Have a look here:https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/87e9867354f802ecec1e348e9929491f9caabaf9d570ebde45e18bb20ac4c111
The included fee is not enough and the priority is pretty low. I wonder what wallet you are using to send out this transaction. Different wallet has different solution.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

quantumgravity (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 02:24:41 AM

Have a look here:https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/87e9867354f802ecec1e348e9929491f9caabaf9d570ebde45e18bb20ac4c111
The included fee is not enough and the priority is pretty low. I wonder what wallet you are using to send out this transaction. Different wallet has different solution.

I'm using Bitcoin Core v0.10.0. I used coin control and paid the minimum fee according to my wallet. I do transactions like this once every few days, with the same minimum fee that my wallet suggests each time. So, for this transaction not to be included in almost 6 days makes no sense.

mezmerizer9

Activity: 782
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:33:56 AM

I'm using Bitcoin Core v0.10.0. I used coin control and paid the minimum fee according to my wallet. I do transactions like this once every few days, with the same minimum fee that my wallet suggests each time. So, for this transaction not to be included in almost 6 days makes no sense.
Check these two threads : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=232979.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=35214.0
They will help you!

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

quantumgravity (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 03:04:18 AM

How can you delete a transaction if it has already been broadcast to the network?

My original question still stands. Will a miner please include my transaction in a block? Thank you.

achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6824

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 03:10:46 AM

How can you delete a transaction if it has already been broadcast to the network?
Wait for a few days. Eventually it will be "forgotten" by the network if it remains unconfirmed. At that point, the transaction should disappear from your wallet and all block explorers. Then you can create a new transaction that has a higher fee so that it will be included in a block by miners.

YoonYeonghwa

Activity: 242

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 09:33:12 AM

Wait for a few days. Eventually it will be "forgotten" by the network if it remains unconfirmed. At that point, the transaction should disappear from your wallet and all block explorers. Then you can create a new transaction that has a higher fee so that it will be included in a block by miners.
Yes, you shouldn't open your wallet for a few days so your wallet wouldn't rebroadcast the unconfirmed transactions until the most of the nodes eliminate your transaction from their mempools. So the it will be "forgotten" by the network if it remains unconfirmed.BTW the miners cannot mannually add your transaction to the block. How the miners include a transaction to the block is set by the rules already.

quantumgravity (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 05:03:04 PM

Yes, you shouldn't open your wallet for a few days so your wallet wouldn't rebroadcast the unconfirmed transactions until the most of the nodes eliminate your transaction from their mempools. So the it will be "forgotten" by the network if it remains unconfirmed.BTW the miners cannot mannually add your transaction to the block. How the miners include a transaction to the block is set by the rules already.

Thanks for the help everyone. Should I update to a newer version than v0.10.0? It seems the programmed minimum fee in this wallet is no longer enough.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1530

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 08:32:24 PM

-snip-
Thanks for the help everyone. Should I update to a newer version than v0.10.0? It seems the programmed minimum fee in this wallet is no longer enough.

0.10.0 is estimating the fee, but as you said yourself you set up such that it uses a very low fee. Updating to 0.11 would not change that. If you are tech savvy or know someone trustworth that is you can remove the transaction from your local wallet with the tool pywallet (make sure you have a backup in case you mess it up). That way you can create a new TX with a higher fee after 6-24 hours. If you just keep your wallet software closed for x days it will rebroadcast the TX once you opened it again.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
quantumgravity (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 12:39:46 AM

Looks like my transaction was finally included in a block. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: