Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:27:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I really like how calm the forum is!  (Read 1547 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 03:40:57 PM

I agree, and I like it that way. It shows Bitcoin is reaching maturity as a currency, and no longer speculative

wut

no more wild swings and volatility. No merchants would like to receive payment knowing price might drop the next day, and no buyers would like to spend knowing price might rise the next day. Stability is the hallmark of a workable currency.

you know that volatility is not only when bitcoin is going down, but also when it is going up, and has the same danger, especially for buyers(but good for merchants), because if a buy something that cost $300, and i pay in btc, but then the price go to 400(just an example) i would have lost 100 for that thing

That is not true, bitcoin you paid yesterday is not the same as bitcoin today - it also has one extra day of price change risks included. That's why it cost 400 (but could've been 200), so when you bought something and paid with bitcoin your paid fiat value is exactly $300.

Let's take the pizza guy, who bought two pizzas for 10k bitcoins. Insanely bad decision you say? No, it was the price at the time. He got two pizzas, seller got $20, everybody is happy because no way on earth he would've kept that 10k bitcoins through the following 6 years. And that what gives them value - your risks when keeping depreciating bitcoins through volatility.

i was talking about a sudden change not long term change, I could agree on a long-term change, but what if after i bought something with a certain value of bitcoin a minute later that value is changed to a big extent?

also i was merely talking about volatility, people refer to it only when there are dumping, which is wrong
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:58:04 PM

Speculators need more dose  Grin

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: