Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:52:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will somebody please create an escrow utility that accepts user defined inputs?  (Read 1102 times)
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 02:34:11 PM

What will it take to get someone to create a utility or website that broadcasts m-of-n transactions? Do we need to beg?!?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 02:36:41 PM

bounty?
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 08:25:27 PM

Meh, I'll just start believing all these groovy things Bitcoin is supposed to be able to do when I see them. Meanwhile I'll be entertained by all the scams and destruction of the centralized services. I just thought that escrows would give folks a little more faith in Bitcoin as a payment system. Vendors would benefit from a m-of-n escrow system, perhaps they might create a bounty for an "escrow here" button.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 08:31:57 PM

The wallet services at blockchain.info used to offer it, but it appears to not be an option anymore in the live wallet:

https://blockchain.info/wallet/escrow
FactoredPrimes

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 10:00:02 PM

I did not realize escrow was available on blockchain.
Mike Hearn
Legendary
expert

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 11:53:55 AM

Building and broadcasting the transactions is easy. The hard part is coming up with a slick set of GUI extensions to the wallets people use that let you easily state which dispute mediators you want to use, lets you find/install new ones, lets the mediator view open disputes and resolve them, actually creating a dispute mediation company that has a solid set of processes and predictable ways to resolving disputes, etc.

Really, the n-of-m transactions is the easiest bit of all.
FactoredPrimes

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 05:08:11 PM

Just when I think I am understanding bitcoin, n-of-m... Back to the docs for me!
fellowtraveler

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 05:33:01 PM

What will it take to get someone to create a utility or website that broadcasts m-of-n transactions? Do we need to beg?!?

Just a reminder that OT does two-way-trade as well as escrow-with-arbiter.

(Both are simply smart contracts, with different user-defined scripts to provide their specific behavior.)

There isn't a GUI yet (it's coming) but you can do it at the command line. Videos here:

http://open-transactions-tv.github.com/

co-founder, Monetas
creator, Open-Transactions
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: