Author Topic: .  (Read 3676 times)
gene (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:13:38 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 08:27:38 PM by gene

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:15:40 PM

Even after everything... all the scams and ponzis. The bucket-shops and "online wallets." The thefts and "hacks." The "credit-ratings" and "savings and trusts."

The hits keep on coming. And coming.

The latest? You dare ask?

New Asset idea, Cambodian rice sharecropping (4% to 6% a year) Feedback wanted!

Now, I don't know about you, but I think there comes a time when we need to stand up and say ENOUGH!

I think that time is somewhere before "Cambodian rice sharecropping," no matter who brings it to the table, even if it is "goat on a boat."

Can this community show some spine, not to mention decency, and say no to this?
+1
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:21:46 PM

Even after everything... all the scams and ponzis. The bucket-shops and "online wallets." The thefts and "hacks." The "credit-ratings" and "savings and trusts."

Now, I don't know about you, but I think there comes a time when we need to stand up and say ENOUGH!

I think that time is somewhere before "Cambodian rice sharecropping," no matter who brings it to the table, even if it is "goat on a boat."

You would prefer that more people were unemployed and dependent on their families or worse - the state?

No one is being forced to work there, I fail to understand what leftists see wrong in that.

Signature space available for rent.
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:23:47 PM

Don't matter what the "community" does thinks feels.  Individuals will do what individuals do.  Then the rest of us get to laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:24:11 PM

I wonder what leftists are doing in a community that's dedicated to building an ultra-randian utopia?
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 04:24:53 PM

I say no to them all, problem solved for me. Are you asking me to somehow say no for other people now too?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:25:12 PM

You would prefer that more people were unemployed and dependent on their families or worse - the state?

No one is being forced to work there, I fail to understand what leftists see wrong in that.
If you can call these investments schemes "work" and people like goat "unemployed", then I rest my case. People who actually do REAL work and build things, do not appreciate the clever antics. I certainly don't like people who come up with these "gimme money" schemes and then correlate that with defeating unemployment....
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:28:13 PM

I wonder what leftists are doing in a community that's dedicated to building an ultra-randian utopia?
Bitcoin is Apolitical.

Not everyone is an anachonut who wants to take down the government and enact a randian order...

Bitcoin is an awesome utility that CAN AND WILL be used by private organizations and world governments around the world, to better enhance their monetary securities and invest in a sound solution for the future.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:29:56 PM

Hey! I enjoy dramas on this forum!
Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 05:20:25 PM

To be honest with you, I think that BitCoin needs more proposals like the crop sharing which is a real world investment that involves production of goods used by society, and less of the "1.5% weekly, profits from loans" proposals. The only thing I see wrong with it is the third party risk from the property being owned by his wife's family due to legal restrictions. But I feel that we need to get out of this HYIP-denominated-in-bitcoin investment mode because real world investments don't have returns matching just holding bitcoin.
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 05:28:17 PM

I can think of way better crops to sharecrop...
Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 05:29:36 PM

Bitcoin is Apolitical.

Not everyone is an anachonut who wants to take down the government and enact a randian order...

Bitcoin is an awesome utility that CAN AND WILL be used by private organizations and world governments around the world, to better enhance their monetary securities and invest in a sound solution for the future.
Well said.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 08:32:43 PM

4% to 6% a year is probably legit, and since he lives close to Cambodia, what's wrong with investing in Cambodian rice farming?

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 08:37:00 PM

+1

I admit i started laughing at the "cambodian rice sharecropping". How the hell can ppl keep falling in such scams?

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:46:39 PM

"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Ragnar17

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 04:31:57 PM

if people cant act for themselves how can you expect your suggested "organization" to?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 05:13:02 PM

Investment = risk, if the waters too hot for you then don't get in it and sell your coin's because bitcoin could collapse tomorrow, buy something with a proven track record instead. Anyone who's done even basic research on bitcoin has been warned, don't invest more than you can afford to lose.

There is a difference in losing money because bitcoin collapses, and someone who loses bitcoin because they are stolen by a dishonest owner.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 06:31:47 PM

Classic flick and it's unlikely to suffer a crappy remake Smiley Yep, ENOUGH of the scam accusations. Chances are out of 100 dodgy looking investments there's at least 1 or 2 that will make it big and cover the others.

That is naive.  If you invest in 100 high risk but legit deals the odds are the 1 or 2 will pay for the 98 or 99.  That is essentially what venture capitalists do.  However if you invested in 100 Pirate ponzis you will lose 100 times.    To use an analogy it would be like pretending that if you are involved in 100 muggings at least 1 or 2 will be profitable enough for muggings to be +EV for the victim.
petabytecoin

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 06:35:09 PM

I do not think we need a separate thread for this.
the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 07:06:43 PM

Classic flick and it's unlikely to suffer a crappy remake Smiley Yep, ENOUGH of the scam accusations. Chances are out of 100 dodgy looking investments there's at least 1 or 2 that will make it big and cover the others.

That is naive.  If you invest in 100 high risk but legit deals the odds are the 1 or 2 will pay for the 98 or 99.  That is essentially what venture capitalists do.  However if you invested in 100 Pirate ponzis you will lose 100 times.    To use an analogy it would be like pretending that if you are involved in 100 muggings at least 1 or 2 will be profitable enough for muggings to be +EV for the victim.
Finally someone who can actually use his brains. Thank you. My faith in this community has been restored.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"