Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:41:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wordpress Advertising Plugin  (Read 341 times)
upsidedown75 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:59:46 PM

I've got a wordpress based blog and I want to add some ads to it. Therefore I am looking for a good and free advertising plugin where I can add different kinds of banners on various places within the blog. There should be an option to automatically deactivate an ad banner when it has reached 10,000 views for example.

Do someone know such a plugin? I did some research but there is a ton of such plugins what makes it hard to choose the right one.
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 03:27:01 PM

Having an ad disappear after a number of views is not a good idea. I find the old but true pay-per-click or a set fee for a period of time to be the best. If it were an Ad for my web site, I wouldn't want to have to check to see if it is still appearing. 10,000 views could be 3 years or 3 hours depending on how popular your website is.

I don't have any ad plugins to recommend, nor would I use any of them if they exist especially the free open source ones. Someone could simply exploit the open source code and find a way to screw your counts up.  Best bet is to find a paid closed source solution, or custom program your own ad system for your website.

upsidedown75 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:33:00 PM

Thanks for your opinion. I will give it some thought.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: