Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:56:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you like cats? Here you can do something good!  (Read 1073 times)
sippsnapp (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 09:22:41 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2012, 09:36:51 PM by sippsnapp

Hi BTCtalk,
i thought i littlebit about the following and if its smart to post here as i recognized people spent their BTC for all kind of stuff and ponzies but nothing similar to this.

If youre reading here to make money, go away. If you like pets, especially cats read on, you might can do something good.

About one year ago i adopted a tomcat out of a spanish perrera through a charity organization. The charity organization is taking cats out of these so called perreras, brings them to a doctor establishing contacts to find a new home for those poor pets.

Of course this isnt just a problem in spain, but very heavily there. Im from germany and have been in spain for holidays for a decade, it always was heartbreaking to hear and see these stories.

So short and sweet, i want to ask you to have a look on this topic and maybe arrange a sponsorship for one of those pets.

I found this way my buddy tomcat, a real bengal cat which was a fluke but even this isnt unusual there, but as sayd, even if you cant or wont adopt a cat, a few dollars/euros sponsorship can help a lot or even material sponsorship like food and other things cats need.

Bottom line, there are pet-charity organizations which care about this topic, i cant speak for those but i can honestly say that the organization i got my buddy from did a good job and i still support them. May you like to visit their website (the website is in german) http://www.sieben-katzenleben.de/galerie.php

For example this tomcat could need some support: http://www.sieben-katzenleben.de/katze.php?id=817

Beeing sayd, im not affiliated nor do i profit in any way - except of course, that i feel good writing this.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
What are perreras and why do they exist?
Well i could pull out really shocking things but i make it short.
Perreras are places where vagrant pets mainly dogs and cats get collected to hold the cities and camping places clean for the tourists, there is not much more to say, if you want to know more use google.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Bitcoin + Altcoin node pool setup - pm
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 11:52:08 PM

Sounds like this is a discussion off topic, you should move this thread.
btw i also like cats.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
dioanna

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 04:24:56 PM

I am a cat lover since birth if  I can say, I cannot count anymore how many cats I have adopted from the streets. Personally I want to get involve in this kind of act, I have this Catlover Group on facebook I would definitely share this to them.

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2019, 09:26:47 PM
Merited by hugeblack (1)

Update: The site you mentioned doesn't work: I get this error.
Have you looked at date when OP made this thread? It's 2012! So, it's nothing surprising that website doesn't works anymore.

I donate some money to animal shelters quite frequently, but haven't saw any accepting Bitcoin in my country. It's nothing surprising I think. They spend most of money on vets and food and this money is needed urgently. Bitcoin would be just additional hassle for them - they would need to exchange to fiat, pay fees for transactions and etc.

posoa

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 08:52:28 PM

Hi BTCtalk,
i thought i littlebit about the following and if its smart to post here as i recognized people spent their BTC for all kind of stuff and ponzies but nothing similar to this.

If youre reading here to make money, go away. If you like pets, especially cats read on, you might can do something good.

About one year ago i adopted a tomcat out of a spanish perrera through a charity organization. The charity organization is taking cats out of these so called perreras, brings them to a doctor establishing contacts to find a new home for those poor pets.

Of course this isnt just a problem in spain, but very heavily there. Im from germany and have been in spain for holidays for a decade, it always was heartbreaking to hear and see these stories.

So short and sweet, i want to ask you to have a look on this topic and maybe arrange a sponsorship for one of those pets.

I found this way my buddy tomcat, a real bengal cat which was a fluke but even this isnt unusual there, but as sayd, even if you cant or wont adopt a cat, a few dollars/euros sponsorship can help a lot or even material sponsorship like food and other things cats need.

Bottom line, there are pet-charity organizations which care about this topic, i cant speak for those but i can honestly say that the organization i got my buddy from did a good job and i still support them. May you like to visit their website (the website is in german) http://www.sieben-katzenleben.de/galerie.php

For example this tomcat could need some support: http://www.sieben-katzenleben.de/katze.php?id=817

Beeing sayd, im not affiliated nor do i profit in any way - except of course, that i feel good writing this.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
What are perreras and why do they exist?
Well i could pull out really shocking things but i make it short.
Perreras are places where vagrant pets mainly dogs and cats get collected to hold the cities and camping places clean for the tourists, there is not much more to say, if you want to know more use google.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I actually do not like cats i rather prefer a dog. Not that i hate cat, from a distance some look attractive to behold and play with, but Dogs are more preferred.
moketillo90

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2020, 05:17:27 PM

Cats rule
Images21

Activity: 567
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 04:50:45 AM

I also love cats but I don't love going after their mess. Grin

Cats are multiplying very fast. There is a center in town which is also feeding and taking care after stray cats but their resources are dwindling as cats are producing more and more baby cats. And they have nine lives. I hope more people will donate.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2020, 12:01:48 PM

Those pages are not found, I can't access the page, it says Page not found.
Btw, that is a good initiation from you. Helping such a charity organization is good even it's not about some human organization, but it is animals. Animals have also lived, and they also need to be treated just like a human.

Btw, is that animal charity organization is accepting cryptocurrency just like Bitcoin? I hope they do and for sure there are some people are willing to donate some amount to support that charity organization.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 03:01:33 PM

I can see you are doing a charity work over here but seriously asking, can I know how many of the peoples actually made any donations? There are few platforms where you can post each required information about the cats or their requirements like food, shelter, etc and you can get some charity over there.

Here, most of the peoples are busy investing their funds into some profitable strategies to multiple their initial capital and it is what makes them away from charity work. Also 50% of the community here consists of newbies or lower rank accounts who can hardly make any donations so asking for some charity help over here might be a waste of time. There are platforms made for each such specific work and hence you can acquaint good capital over there if you really are doing a great work.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 04:40:19 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2020, 05:34:24 PM by Harlot

Since this organization is only covered in Spain I think you'll get a better response on posting this on a local board since you are basically trying tooffer ithis in a general marketplace area. If you posted this in a local board I think you'll have some of your citizens to be interested in adopting some of their rescued cats. Also you need to be realistic here when it comes to who you are pronoting this organization since this isn't a global org.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 01:35:40 PM

Those pages are not found, I can't access the page, it says Page not found.
Btw, that is a good initiation from you. Helping such a charity organization is good even it's not about some human organization, but it is animals. Animals have also lived, and they also need to be treated just like a human.

Btw, is that animal charity organization is accepting cryptocurrency just like Bitcoin? I hope they do and for sure there are some people are willing to donate some amount to support that charity organization.
Animals are actually creatures who can't talk or express their feeling but they do have a heart and can feel each and every emotion similar to humans. Each time I see any animal suffering, I actively support that creature from the best I can do but I usually can't adopt each of such animal to give them a shelter.

I also had few thoughts where I could start a nursing home for all stray animals who keep on suffering from the atmospheric problems like heavy rains, extreme cold or melting summers. But where I lack is the capital needed for such. Also there are meant some organizations who do help such animals and give them a home but how many animals could they help? Peoples like OP might really make sufferings for such animals much lower and it might be an good initiative.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Soldierswitlittlefaith

Activity: 239
Merit: 27

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2020, 01:00:21 PM

@sippsnapp, i think you deserve some merit for posting such thread.

Well, i'm not a lover of animal but, over a period of time i've noticed that cat posses a unique character that other animal do not.
for instance, by default, cat are very clean so they donot mess up the enviroment especially the fact they can actually dig hole whenever they want to release (solid) faeces & buried it thereafter.

This uniqueness of this animal had made me to develop a particular interest for them. close to where i live i've noticed that there are these group of tcat (about 4/5 of them ). They normally sleep in one of the abandone structure by night and goes out to the park during daytime. They are so beautiful by color and they are very selective when it comes to eating because i remember bring spaghetti  with tomotoe source to them on a sunday evening. But,  my greatest surprise, they did not eat the spaghetti because i notice they just move the plastic plate slightly from the position but, they never eat the food. I guess they only prefer cat food.

Unfortunately, i will not be afford to provide cat food for them consistently.

Question for those who have 1 or more CAT , pls what other food do you think cat like to eat (by this i mean food eaten by human that cat can also eat)?

Thanks
Soldierwitlittlefaith
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 08:27:51 PM

--snip--
It usually depends on the age of the cat. Normally adult cats can eat almost anything that a human being consumes but if those are babies than it is hard to say what they would prefer consuming. It would always be good to serve such poor animals with some milk as it is not that costly to buy a milk sachet and it is always something which cats love. You can also serve those cats with bread.

Normally, if those are stray cats than they can eat almost anything you provide if they are hungry and majority of times they might be finding food for themselves on their own. Mostly such stray cats might even eat rats and such small animals.
PassThePopcorn

Activity: 465
Merit: 309

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 09:10:32 PM

--snip--
It usually depends on the age of the cat. Normally adult cats can eat almost anything that a human being consumes but if those are babies than it is hard to say what they would prefer consuming. It would always be good to serve such poor animals with some milk as it is not that costly to buy a milk sachet and it is always something which cats love. You can also serve those cats with bread.

Normally, if those are stray cats than they can eat almost anything you provide if they are hungry and majority of times they might be finding food for themselves on their own. Mostly such stray cats might even eat rats and such small animals.

Most cats are lactose intolerant. Special "cat" milk should be used to make sure you don't upset their bellies.

But I have a bunch of cats and they are both picky and non-picky depends on their mood. I have one that hates human food doesn't matter what it is just doesn't want it. I have another that knows the sounds of chips and will come running if you open a bag of them (really prefers funnyons) oh and jalepeno poppers even though he shouldn't have them (he'll steal them when you aren't looking)

The best bet if you are to feed a cat go to a local store, buy a bag of cat food and give them some of that. In the US a bag of cheap cat food is about $15 for 16-20lbs which can feed 1 cat for a very long time (with daily feedings it can last well over a month), wet food is technically better for them but it is more expensive. If feeding them dry food make sure you also give them some clean water (they prefer flowing water but any clean water will do), cats usually get their water content from the foods they eat so if doing dry you kind of need to give water.

For human foods, they are carnivores, chicken, turkey, fish, red meats what you don't want to do is give them a seasoned meal but they should be good with any of these or something that is lightly seasoned (if you can get the seasoning off).

Oh and by the way did I mention they are picky? If they don't like something they just won't eat it, even if it's their only meal source.

And the last thing, you can probably find more info on ye ol' google but, they are natural hunters odds are they ate something. I saw a street or outdoor cat just yesterday in my neighborhood, it caught this big bug and just kept running away from me (it thought I was going to take it), when I got back from the mail it was closer to my house and I ran in and got a bit of dry food, coerced it over and gave it a little cup and it went to town on it. My indoor cats will go after anything that moves, gecko's, bugs you name it if it moves it'll occupy them.

To anyone who thinks they want a cat foster/adopt or even just volunteer at a local shelter, provide it as much love and attention as you can and you'll have a new best friend. 2 of mine will come running when any human enters the house, 1 will run away if they don't recognize you. But if you teach them love/attention = good they'll crave it. Just don't do this to a cat that you don't plan on keeping as they won't have any fear after you do this, if either of the two that loves humans gets out they will actively approach anyone and could end up getting hurt.
big_hercules

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 01:22:26 AM

I really like cats and I always feel sorry for any cats that I meet on the street Sad
elmag398

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 04:04:50 PM

Am a cat lover. no offense, but i think stuffs like this are not for this platform.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: