Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:13:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you had to choose to put 5 BTC into 1 BTC investment, what would that be?  (Read 24221 times)
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:38:04 AM

i would invest in my own wallet. holding btc is the best investment!!
or, i would take punt on altcoin Tongue

What kind of BS advice is this? If you have nothing to contribute, pls dont.

Has anyone tested this halleybtc savings option? It seems interesting, unless it s another crypto scam. They also run some kind of promotion ATM.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:41:51 AM

What kind of BS advice is this? If you have nothing to contribujavascript:void(0);te, pls dont.

Has anyone tested this halleybtc savings option? It seems interesting, unless it s another crypto scam. They also run some kind of promotion ATM.

Most comments made by accounts under full member seem to just be there to boost their activity up and are totally unrelevent to the discussion.
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:18:16 AM

The top two choice would be Ethereum and Monero.

Ethereum is a coin as well as a trading, program platform. You can do a lot in the platform, such as smart contract.

Monero is anonymous coin, it is untraceable. If you want privacy, this is a good choice.
USB-S

Activity: 574

In XEM we trust

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:22:20 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2015, 11:16:35 AM by USB-S

What kind of BS advice is this? If you have nothing to contribujavascript:void(0);te, pls dont.

Most comments made by accounts under full member seem to just be there to boost their activity up and are totally unrelevent to the discussion.
your post makes sense about you.
You seem to be mad, at all the newcomers coming into bitcoin. You were a noob once, deal with it.
/Looking at your other posts, it seems to me that you have a history of not staying on topic.

OT: If bitcoin crashes every alt will go up 10fold. So investing in alts while bitcoin is at the top seems to be a good idea in my opinion.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:32:41 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2015, 07:09:12 PM by crazyivan

Ethereum is a coin as well as a trading, program platform. You can do a lot in the platform, such as smart contract.

Monero is anonymous coin, it is untraceable. If you want privacy, this is a good choice.

Does anyone know about any simple guide how to mine Etherum? I m trying to find something user friendly, like scrypt GPU mining.

Thx.

If not Etherum, anything else worth of using home GPU for mining? I know this is money lost ATM but at least something with a great potential in the future.

Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 08:51:42 PM

Does anyone know about any simple guide how to mine Etherum? I m trying to find something user friendly, like scrypt GPU mining.

Thx.

If not Etherum, anything else worth of using home GPU for mining? I know this is money lost ATM but at least something with a great potential in the future.

Ethereum is the only profitable coins for some people.

I only have the guide for Windows:

Mining guide:
https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/2675/mining-on-windows-7-8-a-working-version
https://www.cryptofr.com/topic/1765/miner-ethereum-sous-windows-cpu-gpu-tuto
https://medium.com/@timothyjcoulter/mining-ethereum-on-windows-55f3f4f2217c
BitcoinBlackjack

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 03:24:56 AM

Everything seems risky at this point.
But buying an index fund or stable bond would be a good idea
makcik

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 01:28:20 PM

Putting bitcoins as investment is not a decision to do quickly. Obviously, chances for loss and profit are equal. If I ever had 5 btc (actually, i don't have now, I don't even know when I'll have, it's a huge amount you know), I would invest it all for spreading of bitcoins... for it's development.. for it's expandability in all places. I don't have any personal reason behind it. But, I want BTC to be used by everyone, everywhere. Of course, bitcoins will improve if It's used by more people. So, I will invest my btc for btc. And as far as, 1 BTC return is considered, I've no problem even if I don't get that.
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 02:25:26 PM

btc exchanger Grin
oblivi

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 03:17:38 PM

Putting bitcoins as investment is not a decision to do quickly. Obviously, chances for loss and profit are equal. If I ever had 5 btc (actually, i don't have now, I don't even know when I'll have, it's a huge amount you know), I would invest it all for spreading of bitcoins... for it's development.. for it's expandability in all places. I don't have any personal reason behind it. But, I want BTC to be used by everyone, everywhere. Of course, bitcoins will improve if It's used by more people. So, I will invest my btc for btc. And as far as, 1 BTC return is considered, I've no problem even if I don't get that.

By buying and holding BTC you are in a way supporting every single venture invested on Bitcoin and developing services around it. If the price of Bitcoin goes up, everyone invested on it in any way benefits indirectly.
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 03:19:57 PM

I'd prefer trading in options or forwards with that amount of Bitcoins. Apart from that I would also prefer to save some of those and hope for the price of Bitcoin to rise over time and probably later invest it again.
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 05:50:35 PM

You know how people in RL investing suggest differentiate 1/3 in securities, 1/3 in real estate and 1/3 in savings. Is there something like that in crypto? Has anyone found any sustainable crypto security?

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 06:36:31 PM

Why would you sell your BTC?

BTC IS the investment. Hold your BTC and then put fiat into some other BTC investment  (like stock in an exchange or investing in an  ETF.)

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 06:38:56 PM

You know how people in RL investing suggest differentiate 1/3 in securities, 1/3 in real estate and 1/3 in savings. Is there something like that in crypto? Has anyone found any sustainable crypto security?

The only comparison in "crypto" is owning multiple crypto-currencies.

There may be Bitcoin companies you can be stock in or a Bitcoin investment fund, but you should just put your fiat into those, not Bitcoin.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 09:04:28 PM

No not yet. Investing in crypto right now is buying Bitcoin or some altcoins.That's pretty much it.
If you wanna diversify your portfolio add some precious metals, some stocks and if still money left go with property.
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 09:11:52 PM

Why would you sell your BTC?

BTC IS the investment. Hold your BTC and then put fiat into some other BTC investment  (like stock in an exchange or investing in an  ETF.)

Nah, this is not acceptable for me and I do not advise other people to do so.

Why? If we all hold, nobody uses crypto. If nobody uses crypto, there will be no increased acceptance. If there s no increased acceptance, there ll be no price growth.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 10:43:51 PM

Im not sure about Ethereum with all this talk about sidechains, who knows if Ethereum will become irrelevant i the future as a token and Bitcoin ends up replacing it thanks to stuff like Rootstock.io
bearex

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 10:50:10 PM

Dont trade. People make money trading, but people like you (and me) are the ones they make it from. I advise you to keep them or do whatever you would invest your dollars in. Perhaps lend them on btcJam?
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:39:47 AM

Dont trade. People make money trading, but people like you (and me) are the ones they make it from. I advise you to keep them or do whatever you would invest your dollars in. Perhaps lend them on btcJam?

Lending services re big time risky. All they can if the lender fails to repay the loan is to disclose his personal info. What am I going to do with that?

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 04:13:04 PM

Lending services re big time risky. All they can if the lender fails to repay the loan is to disclose his personal info. What am I going to do with that?

At this moment it's the best to stay away from both of these methods in my opinion. Lending and trading! Way to risky and there are much more chances that you will lose your coins than gain some!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: