Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:27:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Woooooo!!!! 308$ atm!!!  (Read 4361 times)
farting_shot

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:15:09 PM

I think it will reach again back to the days when bitcoin price was 200$.
Current price is dropping fast: $275

It won't reach $200 but will stop at $250 for 2-3 weeks. It's not crashing but don't know what's the reason of this drastic fall. I dint find a single website which explains the reason why bitcoin prices rise and fall.

Well i am curious too what is that that makes bitcoin price rise and fall. I just speculated that so it can happen maybe

Bitcoin market cap is small enough that whales can easily swing the prices up and down like yo-yo. They just need good excuses like Greece and China. They play on your fears and reap profit. Don't believe anyone who say that natural market forces are at work. If the natural market forces are responsible for the natural waves in bitcoin prices, how do you account for the past 18-months slide in spite of many good news and mainstream adoption? Whales love shorting bitcoins. It's a natural fit for them. For you, the small shrimps, you're nothing but food for them.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:18:11 PM

It won't reach $200 but will stop at $250 for 2-3 weeks. It's not crashing but don't know what's the reason of this drastic fall. I dint find a single website which explains the reason why bitcoin prices rise and fall.

Well i am curious too what is that that makes bitcoin price rise and fall. I just speculated that so it can happen maybe

Bitcoin market cap is small enough that whales can easily swing the prices up and down like yo-yo. They just need good excuses like Greece and China. They play on your fears and reap profit. Don't believe anyone who say that natural market forces are at work. If the natural market forces are responsible for the natural waves in bitcoin prices, how do you account for the past 18-months slide in spite of many good news and mainstream adoption? Whales love shorting bitcoins. It's a natural fit for them. For you, the small shrimps, you're nothing but food for them.

Of course whales can play with the price because the marketcap is tiny, the point is, if you aren't buying BTC this cheap you are insane in the membrane, insane in the brain. If you are here for the long term, then who fucking cares if you buy at 50, 100 or 300. If you are here for 10+ years as you should if you aren't a huge idiot, you'll see your massive gains and your hard work paying off at the end. Only a clueless moron that doesn't understand what Bitcoin means to the world would argue otherwise
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:56:42 PM

Of course whales can play with the price because the marketcap is tiny, the point is, if you aren't buying BTC this cheap you are insane in the membrane, insane in the brain. If you are here for the long term, then who fucking cares if you buy at 50, 100 or 300. If you are here for 10+ years as you should if you aren't a huge idiot, you'll see your massive gains and your hard work paying off at the end. Only a clueless moron that doesn't understand what Bitcoin means to the world would argue otherwise

Uh 10+ years without trading and just holding would be ridiculously stupid, take a look when the bitcoin price was 1200, you would be stupid not to sell then and it went from 1200 to 200 in basically a year, who knows what would happen in 10 years. Bitcoin is not even sustained by anything to ensure it will still be alive after such long time
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:01:11 PM

Uh 10+ years without trading and just holding would be ridiculously stupid, take a look when the bitcoin price was 1200, you would be stupid not to sell then and it went from 1200 to 200 in basically a year, who knows what would happen in 10 years. Bitcoin is not even sustained by anything to ensure it will still be alive after such long time

If you have millions and you dont care for bitcoin then there will be a good chance to invest in bitcoin and hold for few years.
But it is so risky that the price is unstable.
farting_shot

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 07:03:35 PM

275@bfx and still going down, however sell volume is declining, so bottom may be near.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 07:08:31 PM

275@bfx and still going down, however sell volume is declining, so bottom may be near.

You already missed the bottom Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:32:26 AM

it's very easy to talk after the thing happened, but you would have really sold, at that peak(1200)? i doubt it, many would have thought that the price was still rising above that amount, only internal manipulators would have sold there because they know about the top
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 12:39:17 PM

Talking about popping the champagne too soon. Well, while it's nice to see the price having breached the 300 level, my hope is that if only it can maintain and stay that way for long. Right now, seems that things have cooled down and I can see is the pressure coming along and pushing it towards the downside.  

Nowadays the mindset seems to be fixed on when price is too attractive, people would just sell for quick gain. We need to change that.

XinXan

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 12:44:54 PM

Talking about popping the champagne too soon. Well, while it's nice to see the price having breached the 300 level, my hope is that if only it can maintain and stay that way for long. Right now, seems that things have cooled down and I can see is the pressure coming along and pushing it towards the downside.  

Nowadays the mindset seems to be fixed on when price is too attractive, people would just sell for quick gain. We need to change that.

I think bitcoin will stay stable around 280$ because it wasnt pumped too fast like litecoin has, i mean litecoin went from 1$ to 8$ and crashed in 1 day to 4$ and now ~3$
On the other side bitcoin has grown slowly from ~200 to 300 and now stabilizing around the 280 mark
fearlesscat10

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:56:31 AM

I think bitcoin will stay stable around 280$ because it wasnt pumped too fast like litecoin has, i mean litecoin went from 1$ to 8$ and crashed in 1 day to 4$ and now ~3$
On the other side bitcoin has grown slowly from ~200 to 300 and now stabilizing around the 280 mark

But how do you think the halving next year will affect the price?

XinXan

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 11:07:41 AM

Well thats a tough question, im sure it will go up but how much up its impossible to tell, take as an example what happened today at btc-e, someone sold bticoins at 150$ and the price went crazy, it went down to 260 and lower and then to 270 in a matter of minutes, you never know what will happen.
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 01:21:09 PM

Well thats a tough question, im sure it will go up but how much up its impossible to tell, take as an example what happened today at btc-e, someone sold bticoins at 150$ and the price went crazy, it went down to 260 and lower and then to 270 in a matter of minutes, you never know what will happen.
Yeah i hear too about that issue, i have asumstion bitcoin will crash like litecoin as you said before.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 06:19:51 PM

That was probably some whale that committed a terrible error by missclicking, entering more 0's than he should have entered, or some troll whale buying low on a fake whale sell order, or actually a whale panic selling.. it can be many things. What we know tho is, 250-280 is the new floor and anyone not buying like crazy sub 300 bitcoin just cant be saved.
XinXan

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 06:35:11 PM

That was probably some whale that committed a terrible error by missclicking, entering more 0's than he should have entered, or some troll whale buying low on a fake whale sell order, or actually a whale panic selling.. it can be many things. What we know tho is, 250-280 is the new floor and anyone not buying like crazy sub 300 bitcoin just cant be saved.

It doesnt matter who was, what matters is that he managed to make the price change even if it was only for a few minutes thats why im saying that everything can happen at any minute and it can change a lot not only a few dollars but even 20-40$ like it happened there in a matter of minutes. You always have to stay alert with cryptocurrencies and thats why i dont like long term trading with them
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:45:30 PM

it's very easy to talk after the thing happened, but you would have really sold, at that peak(1200)? i doubt it, many would have thought that the price was still rising above that amount, only internal manipulators would have sold there because they know about the top

Only if a billionaire invest so much money in bitcoin maybe he can change the price of it up to 1200$ as you say, but i really doubt it.
It is unreachable for me at least for this year.
XinXan

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:21:40 AM

Only if a billionaire invest so much money in bitcoin maybe he can change the price of it up to 1200$ as you say, but i really doubt it.

Even if you are a billionaire you would still have to invest a lot of time to be able to make the price up to 1200$, probably not possible at the moment.

As for amph question, no i wouldnt sell and i didnt sell when it was at 1200 but i did sell some coins when it went down to 1000~ because it went down fast and everyone knew it would explode sooner or later.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:01:22 PM

Even if you are a billionaire you would still have to invest a lot of time to be able to make the price up to 1200$, probably not possible at the moment.

As for amph question, no i wouldnt sell and i didnt sell when it was at 1200 but i did sell some coins when it went down to 1000~ because it went down fast and everyone knew it would explode sooner or later.

Actually, I think it is the other way.

The faster you pump it, the higher it will go. 

If you spread it over time, you will only increase
it by the same factor as the market cap.  Putting
a billion into a 3 billion market cap very slowly,
will increase the price by 33%.  But if you make
a ton of buy orders TODAY, the price will skyrocket.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:24:16 PM

Now at $280. Still a low volume of sellers. Time to go up again, I guess? Cheesy
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:22:46 PM

Yes it requires a lot of times to make these huge changes, around + 330% from the current price. Good that you sold at 1k
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:03:13 PM

Now at $280. Still a low volume of sellers. Time to go up again, I guess? Cheesy
I believe that by the end of the year, Bitcoin will reach $ 400
I started to buy to make a profit, right now. Good luck to all traders.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: