Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:43:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitPhone has arrived!  (Read 1278 times)
BitPhone.net (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 11:27:07 PM

Bitphone has been released!  Place international calls with your Bitcoin or Altcoin.  No need to register.  Anonymous calls, use a custom caller Id and more!

Check it out:

https://bitphone.net
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HaydenBruin

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Need a Website or A Web App? Let me know!

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 07:51:02 AM

Your thread should be more informative and descriptive, try to add more stuff in it.
I will try that link, Lets see hows it!

Maybe try to open a free service before a paid one.
Good Luck!

Need a Website or A Web App? Let me know!
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:59:52 AM

Ahh. It's responsive, but it use flash to enable microphone right? Well, Google Chrome on Android dont support flash. We can still use our computer or notebook but some people might want to use phone. Anyway, when I read the title, I thought it was a smartphone created purely for Bitcoiner. Also, I did not see a "lock" icon beside the addressbar in Firefox. Not sure if our communication is secure.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:02:10 AM

the site look great, but right now i dont even know who should i call? my friends and my familly in other country used skype and its really helping but anyway  you should add some fiture maybe like private number from other country i.e usa,canada so we can subscribe to send sms or receive.
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 02:53:50 PM

Nice and clean site. You should add a FAQ on your site.
How people know me a calling if a system is annonymous? Just through caller id?

BitPhone.net (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:51:19 PM

Your thread should be more informative and descriptive, try to add more stuff in it.
I will try that link, Lets see hows it!

Maybe try to open a free service before a paid one.
Good Luck!

Well, calls aren't free..  I can't really make it free Smiley
BitPhone.net (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:54:09 PM

Ahh. It's responsive, but it use flash to enable microphone right? Well, Google Chrome on Android dont support flash. We can still use our computer or notebook but some people might want to use phone. Anyway, when I read the title, I thought it was a smartphone created purely for Bitcoiner. Also, I did not see a "lock" icon beside the addressbar in Firefox. Not sure if our communication is secure.

You should see a lock, the whole site is under SSL.  Notice the https ?

It uses WebRTC in Chrome and Firefox.  If WebRTC isn't supported it will default to Flash.  If Flash isn't supported, you have to use another phone.  This enables the alternate phone where you can dial source phone to connect to target phone..

More info here:
https://bitphone.freshdesk.com/solution/categories/6000012913/folders/6000019521/articles/6000001191-supported-browsers-and-devices
BitPhone.net (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:57:40 PM

Nice and clean site. You should add a FAQ on your site.
How people know me a calling if a system is annonymous? Just through caller id?

The FAQ in under the Help link here:
https://bitphone.freshdesk.com/solution/categories/6000012913/folders/6000019520
BitPhone.net (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:00:08 PM

the site look great, but right now i dont even know who should i call? my friends and my familly in other country used skype and its really helping but anyway  you should add some fiture maybe like private number from other country i.e usa,canada so we can subscribe to send sms or receive.

If you can use Skype P2P, you obviously don't need to pay for calls.  Many people, businesses aren't on Skype however, so you have to resort to Skype Credit to place calls.  We offer an alternative to this and let you pay with Bitcoin/Altcoin.  Its easy to fund and withdraw funds from the phone.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:34:59 PM

Nice website, i enjoy to see services like this that are of every day usage, have you guys thought about adding shapeshift.io for altcoin payments it would give it a little more boost when it comes to usage from the crypto enthusiast .

ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 05:43:50 PM

Nice and clean site. I'm happy seeing services like this appearing increasing the usage of bitcoins.

Will use it in the nearest need.

Good Luck  Wink
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:47:17 PM

what is the point of "turning your computer into a phone" when skype exists?

Am I missing something other than being able to pay for phone calls with digital currency?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 05:51:16 PM

I tried logging in using facebook , it gave me this message
App Not Set Up: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.

Am I missing something other than being able to pay for phone calls with digital currency?

Can you pay to skype using bitcoins ? That's it  Wink
meadefreling

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:46:25 PM

Bitphone has been released!  Place international calls with your Bitcoin or Altcoin.  No need to register.  Anonymous calls, use a custom caller Id and more!

Check it out:

No doubt this is an advance website but unlike what you said registrations is needed, the $5 btc bonus is reasonable but I cannot ascertain the cost per minute though it appear cheap, so OP should try to include the call rates per country, it might help.

jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:31:18 PM

How about an app or maybe a phone-friendly site? Your site is very nice but I think you'll gain more users if we can use this in our mobile phone. Also giving a free call to check on how this works can really help. People nowadays don't want to use a service without seeing it in theirselves that it really works fine.
BitPhone.net (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:10:40 AM

It's different than Skype...

1. You don't have to install anything.
2. The rates are comparable or cheaper than Skype
3. You can use bitcoin or altcoins to pay.
4. You can use the phone anonymously.
5. You can change the caller id to match whatever phone you want.
6. You have a temporary wallet where you can send and withdraw funds.
7. You only pay for what you use.
8. It works on most devices.
9. Your browser is your phone.
BitPhone.net (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:12:42 AM

How about an app or maybe a phone-friendly site? Your site is very nice but I think you'll gain more users if we can use this in our mobile phone. Also giving a free call to check on how this works can really help. People nowadays don't want to use a service without seeing it in theirselves that it really works fine.

You can use it from your mobile!  We don't have an "App", but it should work fine on your mobile browser..  It uses responsive design and will look great on your mobile.
BitPhone.net (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:14:17 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2015, 01:29:23 AM by BitPhone.net

Bitphone has been released!  Place international calls with your Bitcoin or Altcoin.  No need to register.  Anonymous calls, use a custom caller Id and more!

Check it out:

No doubt this is an advance website but unlike what you said registrations is needed, the $5 btc bonus is reasonable but I cannot ascertain the cost per minute though it appear cheap, so OP should try to include the call rates per country, it might help.

You don't have to register, just goto the phone and deposit bitcoin..  https://bitphone.net/Home/Phone

We encourage registration and offer cheaper rates for registered users..

Also, once you enter a number, the rate is displayed in both millibits and whatever currency you select.
BitPhone.net (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:17:05 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2015, 01:33:03 AM by BitPhone.net

Nice website, i enjoy to see services like this that are of every day usage, have you guys thought about adding shapeshift.io for altcoin payments it would give it a little more boost when it comes to usage from the crypto enthusiast .

We do use shapeshift! just click on deposit, you can use any Altcoin supported by Shapeshift!
BitPhone.net (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:18:49 AM

I tried logging in using facebook , it gave me this message
App Not Set Up: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.

Can you pay to skype using bitcoins ? That's it  Wink

You can try again, the facebook login should be fixed.. (it is beta)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: