Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:23:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Be Investing in Both Bitcoin and Litecoin for 2015  (Read 732 times)
dballing (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:12:22 AM

Here's another great article by Atriark that states a solid case for Litecoin: https://atriark.com/blog/investing-both-bitcoin-litecoin-2015/

For the same reasons you'd want to hold both gold and silver, the same could be said for holding Bitcoin and Litecoin. I really wish more Bitcoiners would keep an open mind on Litecoin. Maybe I have bad luck, but I tend to run into people online that believe there should only be one bockchain for the world and altcoins are either useless or pump/dumps.

That's not fair! Hopefully, they change their attitude with time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 03:21:13 AM

Here's another great article by Atriark that states a solid case for Litecoin: https://atriark.com/blog/investing-both-bitcoin-litecoin-2015/

For the same reasons you'd want to hold both gold and silver, the same could be said for holding Bitcoin and Litecoin. I really wish more Bitcoiners would keep an open mind on Litecoin. Maybe I have bad luck, but I tend to run into people online that believe there should only be one blockchain for the world and altcoins are either useless or pump/dumps.

Your argument is contradictory. You recommend people hold only 2 currencies and at the same time express your love for the world of altcoins! I see absolutely no reason to invest in LTC at this price point. Seek out the best names and best developers, that's where you'll find tomorrow's winners.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 03:45:02 AM

Not a huge fan of the gold/silver theory.

Seems rather silly.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
kekek

Activity: 177

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:52:06 AM

At this point there is no reason to buy LTC.

LTC's current price is likely to do nothing more than decrease for a good chunk of time before we see it's next jump.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 12:43:35 PM

Not a huge fan of the gold/silver theory.

Seems rather silly.

It's less silly if you see it as a pair of metaphors in the form of an analogy. When you're handed lemons, make lemonade. Wink

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

JBC

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:53:44 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2015, 01:29:44 PM by JBC

There's a Bush and Clinton running for President
A Terminator, Jurassic Park, MadMax movie just came out.
Star Wars is coming out
People are still promoting Litecoin as the silver of Bitcoin?

WHAT YEAR IS IT?!  

JBC Japan Bitcoin
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:28:50 PM

Only bitcoin. Litcoin is overvalued, it's not a good time to buy in.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:11:56 PM

Only bitcoin. Litcoin is overvalued, it's not a good time to buy in.

It is not overvalued, it was overvalued at 0.03.. It was undervalued at 0.006, current price seems about right..
dballing (OP)

Activity: 246

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:59:51 PM

For the same reasons you'd want to hold both gold and silver, the same could be said for holding Bitcoin and Litecoin. I really wish more Bitcoiners would keep an open mind on Litecoin. Maybe I have bad luck, but I tend to run into people online that believe there should only be one blockchain for the world and altcoins are either useless or pump/dumps.

Your argument is contradictory. You recommend people hold only 2 currencies and at the same time express your love for the world of altcoins! I see absolutely no reason to invest in LTC at this price point. Seek out the best names and best developers, that's where you'll find tomorrow's winners.

Right now, I see Bitcoin and Litecoin with the most foundation (BTC obviously 10x more). I'm not against altcoins at all, but I'm not confident in which ones will end up succeeding. I personally believe we will have 4-5 successful coins universally accepted around the world. OR hell, we might even end up with universal wallets and a merchant can just say they accept crypto and whatever coin you use is auto converted to what they want to hold. The future is uncertain.

Looking at all the comments I'm still not sure why so many Bitcoiners hate Litecoin or think it's dead or had no value... Sad whether they like it or not the halving event comes up on August 25th and there will be panic buying a week out, guaranteed. In 2016, Bitcoin will probably see the same thing with their halving event. The crypto communites should all love one another and stop the infighting!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: