Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:37:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: problems communicationg with bitcoin rpc  (Read 2416 times)
Finalfront (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 02:16:17 AM

I'm using GUIMiner with a nVidia GeForce GT 220 graphics card, attempting to connect to BTC Guild. I have port 8332 forwarded to my computer. I am getting the following error:
"Problems communicationg with bitcoin RPC"

Suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks,
Finalfront

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jme621

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 02:25:28 AM

did you set up worked at btcguild?
Finalfront (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 11:49:09 AM

Yes I have a worker setup
Nythain

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 04:12:30 PM

Not sure if you're still having problems, but here's a few suggestions...

A. if you use peerblocker, make sure you add a rule for the pools ip
B. make sure that whatever you put in the password field on the command line is like, i dont know, we'll say 4 or more characters (someone reported connection problems with a single character password earlier today)
C. if you randomly connected earlier after having the problem, and can't figure out what you did to fix it, it was probably not your fault. the pool underwent a very minor attack, it didnt bring the pool down at all but did cause a few brief rpc errors and idle miners for some.

short of that, you could try changing the host to mine1.btcguild.com if you are currently using btcguild.com.
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 04:50:10 PM

Not sure if you're still having problems, but here's a few suggestions...

A. if you use peerblocker, make sure you add a rule for the pools ip
B. make sure that whatever you put in the password field on the command line is like, i dont know, we'll say 4 or more characters (someone reported connection problems with a single character password earlier today)
C. if you randomly connected earlier after having the problem, and can't figure out what you did to fix it, it was probably not your fault. the pool underwent a very minor attack, it didnt bring the pool down at all but did cause a few brief rpc errors and idle miners for some.

short of that, you could try changing the host to mine1.btcguild.com if you are currently using btcguild.com.

Slush's pool, for one, will get these errors up to 20 times per hour. But this has only been going on for maybe 3-4 days at most.

My miners at BTCG experienced far less, and mostly sporadic rpc errors.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Finalfront (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 07:32:23 PM

Thank you Nythain. Turns out it was Peerblocker.
Nythain

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 08:44:20 PM

Slush's pool, for one, will get these errors up to 20 times per hour. But this has only been going on for maybe 3-4 days at most.

My miners at BTCG experienced far less, and mostly sporadic rpc errors.
yeah, since OP mentioned they were trying to connect to guild i was throwing out most likely guild culprits.
i believe i heard slush's were due to load balancing issues which should be fairly resolved by now?
i really try not to slander any particular pool, since every pool has some pretty serious issues as development furthers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: