Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:27:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Exchange Manipulation ???  (Read 1215 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6114

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:40:17 AM

I don't get it , what the hell happened here , It reached near 315$ or something .
I went to sleep and I woke up now , checked preev.com .. and Ifound the price went down to 285$ ? If It was China & Greece as some people says , shouldn't the price be rising and continue to rise ? what are the factors that made this dump after pump ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
straat18

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 09:02:53 AM

It has to be Greece because of the new agreements, The BTC dropped 30 Dollar's (277 USD).
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 09:43:33 AM

what i think is, until 275 or around that was greece and the hype around it, then the last boost was caused by litecoin investors who dumped litecoin to join bitcoin pump, now they dumped bitcoin for taking their profit

last portion of the pump was manipulation at its finest
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 09:46:14 AM

It has to be Greece because of the new agreements, The BTC dropped 30 Dollar's (277 USD).

yes, i think so too. traders got dissapointed after greece reaching an agreement. people were clearly hoping for a grexit, which was the main reason the price went up to over $310
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 12:39:45 PM

Yes it is a great example of pump and dump.
Whales are manipulating the btc market.
It is advisable to not to buy btc at this point of time.

DanielBTC

Activity: 788
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 01:13:24 PM

I think it was just a price manipulation, take a look in the chart, how to price is going up in something like a ladder, step by step.

[Daniel BTC] - 9 AB (after bitcoin)
http://www.usandobitcoin.com.br - Bitcoin para Iniciantes
OTC: DanielBTC Bitrated user: DanielBTC.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:07:49 PM

It was an indicator that new floor BTC could be  $300 very soon. 
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:38:27 PM

All these moves are just the same old people chucking coins and cash around in the hope of squeezing more from smaller players. The OP's reasoning is a prime example.

Greece was fun inspiration and nothing more just as barely a single Cypriot made actual use of BTC in 2013.

No real players or populations are buying in to protect themselves en masse from anything. That's years away yet if ever. If they had then we'd be sitting on an earthquake.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 05:59:42 PM

Anyone who thinks Greece was anything other than a fun excuse needs a slap upside the head. All these moves are just the same old people chucking coins and cash around and only using the real financial world for inspiration.

The market is full of speculator to begin with and most of us has experienced the worst pump and dump back then in 2013 and it hasnt changed ever since that incident , the same thing that happened in January 2015. However if you are not a trader than this would be just an empty hope for you but if you are one then I expect this to be a major blessing.

No real players are buying in to protect themselves from anything. That's years away yet if ever.

Mass adoption will probably be reach...not to soon

Bitfinex with its inside trading... Nothing new here.

No offence but bitfinex isnt actually a "market indicator" for the price anyway

how to price is going up in something like a ladder, step by step.

Ladder? it depends on your chart timeframe btw. If you use the 5 mins time frame or 1 mins, then you wont see any ladder-shaped chart there

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:01:29 PM

I think we all have seen this type of pump it climb during the week with an all time high on sunday and clearly dumping over 25% on monday.

MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:14:44 PM

I think we all have seen this type of pump it climb during the week with an all time high on sunday and clearly dumping over 25% on monday.

yes, if there is one thing you can be certain of with btc:  when there is a FAST pump, expect a FAST dump.  everyone should have seen it coming.
lexuz

Activity: 714

Me, myself and I

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:57:33 PM

I think it was just a price manipulation, take a look in the chart, how to price is going up in something like a ladder, step by step.

I think like that too, look like a few weeks ago when price up to 270 than dumb to 240 just in one hour
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:17:09 PM

yes, if there is one thing you can be certain of with btc:  when there is a FAST pump, expect a FAST dump.  everyone should have seen it coming.

Yea is most likely this is going to keep on happening for a long time to come, if stock brokers go crazy with a 2% fall with bitcoin is just nuts lmao, let i was only able to sell a little at 308 so is a little gain now to find a good entry around 270 or so.

bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 12:55:45 AM

$278 and down.
aakashsangwan

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 03:04:21 AM

$278 and down.
This is just a small dump before a big pump and you can just wait and watch.

HarHarHar9965

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:16:09 AM

$278 and down.

I think it was just a small pump before a big dump, and it's going to come soon. It might scare the shit out of many people but it will come and it will eliminate a lot of BS. After that, bitcoin will mostly by influenced by major events and adoption by decent countries. The trade will also increase and so will the price level, the volatility will be less as price will start stabilizing.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 04:36:07 PM

$278 and down.

I think it was just a small pump before a big dump, and it's going to come soon. It might scare the shit out of many people but it will come and it will eliminate a lot of BS. After that, bitcoin will mostly by influenced by major events and adoption by decent countries. The trade will also increase and so will the price level, the volatility will be less as price will start stabilizing.

With the amount of uncertainty in global markets, all it will take is one small incident to set off a Bitcoin bull run.
While trade and increased adoption will result in gradual price increases, shock to financial markets could result in Bitcoin's price surging up.

neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:56:28 PM

The marketcap is tiny. UBER has a bigger marketcap than Bitcoin. Of course it's going to be manipulated. This will change once the volume is bigger.
The overall lecture is positive tho. We are holding well at near 280 right now. Don't forget people was complaining about low prices being stuck at 240 like a week ago.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:10:25 PM

Does anyone have any evidence of manipulation other than the price going up or the price going down?

I didn't think so.

Also, a bubble is not the same as a "pump and dump" scheme, and people that don't know the difference are going to be victims of real "pump and dump" schemes.

"Pump and dump" (P&D) is a form of ... fraud that involves artificially inflating the price of an owned stock through false and misleading positive statements, in order to sell the cheaply purchased stock at a higher price.

In a pump and dump, the fraudster generally sells as the price goes up and the victims sell as (and after) the price goes down.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
blxlihnk

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:22:47 PM

the volume is ridiculous now...
it's imposible to make good trades
I cant imagine serious traders to come in bitcoin market
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: