Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:37:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Bitcoin friendly country for founding a company  (Read 5504 times)
el_rlee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:19:51 PM

The Principality of Sealand is an unrecognized entity, which means imho that the British Navy can come any time and claim back this territory... Also there is no embassy of the republic of sealand where you could hide in...
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 06:10:54 PM

Somalia

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
ANX_Service

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 01:35:51 PM

Hi all,

which country is most suited to found a Bitcoin based company out there? Looking for:

Easy and cheap incorporation of a limited liability company
Low tax
Easy AML and KYC law

Isle of Man? Panama? Macao? Hong Kong?

Hi el_rlee,

What country did you decide on for your Bitcoin-based company?  For ourselves, after much consideration we decided Hong Kong to legally register our company and reside in as both our physical presence and physical location of our associated infrastructure.  We actively work with and cooperate with local regulators to ensure that Bitcoin is embraced as most other innovative and entrepreneurial entries are in Hong Kong, and to ensure that we remain without fear of being subpoenaed by unwritten rules.

It would be great to hear what your decision was and the reasons behind it, and even better if it was Hong Kong!  Wink

Cheers

ANX.HK
el_rlee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:13:20 PM

What country did you decide on for your Bitcoin-based company? 

None. There was a good arbitrage opportunity before, but now with not getting money out of Gox it's meaningless.
ANX_Service

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 01:42:54 AM

None. There was a good arbitrage opportunity before, but now with not getting money out of Gox it's meaningless.

That's unfortunate to hear el_rlee,

FYI - We process all deposit and withdrawal requests on a weekday-daily basis. 

ANX.HK
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:57:07 PM

You may try Hong Kong. As There is at least one company known as 796.com, Has Applied MSO (FinCEN term is MSB), in Hong Kong, It is approved as 796.com has money, record is clean to follow up.

Although these people don't provide exchange service for the time being, they do what should do even they don't provide exchange service.

It is possible to follow up as Once The money has AML report, nothing can be blocked as The competition in Hong Kong is greater than others.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=257685.0, accessed on 17 August 2013

If unsure, You may check Local Government to follow up as some service like Weibo is not anonymous
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 03:54:05 PM

After seeing how well the US treats online businesses I am thinking that establishing my business in the US is not the best way forward.

Are there decent web hosting companies based in Hong Kong that take Bitcoin? And what are the hurdles of starting a business there? Are there residency requirements?

Or why use any country, what if I just had a server in a different country every month? A nomadic server with no permanent home. The only permanent thing would be the domain name.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:26:55 PM

After seeing how well the US treats online businesses I am thinking that establishing my business in the US is not the best way forward.

Are there decent web hosting companies based in Hong Kong that take Bitcoin? And what are the hurdles of starting a business there? Are there residency requirements?

Or why use any country, what if I just had a server in a different country every month? A nomadic server with no permanent home. The only permanent thing would be the domain name.
You'll need to physically move to the place where you want to establish your business, it doesn't matter where the server is (the only exception is if you own a US server, accept US customers or similar, then you can be extradited to the US for breaking US law (in reality, it doesn't really matter what you do, the US can still request you handed over, but at least you're safer with no connections to the US and can argue that in extradition court)).

I'd recommend the agorist principle, if you can. That is, don't start a company and don't disclose your location, host your sites from any country (except the US).

inspiredinvestor

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 11:49:46 PM

You'll need to physically move to the place where you want to establish your business, it doesn't matter where the server is (the only exception is if you own a US server, accept US customers or similar, then you can be extradited to the US for breaking US law (in reality, it doesn't really matter what you do, the US can still request you handed over, but at least you're safer with no connections to the US and can argue that in extradition court)).

I'd recommend the agorist principle, if you can. That is, don't start a company and don't disclose your location, host your sites from any country (except the US).

now we business that does mining and trading deals, but in partnership with people all over the world including america. we don't want to register in our own country but we like living there, have families etc. I just read about agorist (thanks for referencing that I haven't seen it before definitely will be reading more).
 i think the defining factor will be setting up trust and verify relationship outside of the traditional corporate structure, and how they would work.
It might be a finding a balance of traditional relationships and nontraditional.(I am keen on the nontraditional as alternative currency, barter and direct action)

███        WEBSITE      SLACK      ANN THREAD         ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      EXPLORER     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO   From March 1st, 2018  ▬▬▬
mangox

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 07:35:52 AM

While no Bitcoin corporation exists, there are companies who provide products and services and thus have an interest in promoting Bitcoin and seeing its use grow.  Featured in the video was a sponsor, BitPay, eCommerce and payments service which just added its 1,000th merchant partner.  Another sponsor that had a big part in Bitcoin’s presence at the event shown in the newscast is Bittiraha.fi, (@bittirahafi) a Finnish online Bitcoin community.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 07:01:17 PM

So far the only country that has declared Bitcoin as legal (as if) is Finland.

I'd love to know more about this.  Was there something official announced by Finnish government?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: