Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:59:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Split: Complaint about deleted posts in the Dash thread  (Read 380 times)
RenegadeMan (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:25:15 AM

Dear mprep,

So just when I thought you might be realising your overzealous besottedness with periodically ripping the guts out of the Bitcointalk members' postings in this thread, is a level of censorship and control freakery that's not only completely unacceptable, it equates to the worst of the worst examples from around the world of free speech being both squashed and stifled, it would appear I've had 22 of my posts deleted in the past 24 hours so I'm mistaken.

You (or if not you one of the other mods, but given the PM you and I communicated on recently, I'm guessing it is you) seem to have some need of exercising power over your stakeholders/customers and deciding what they will and will not talk about to a level I find incomprehensible and (frankly) completely appalling.

I have already expressed in no uncertain terms just how completely and utterly ironic it is that we're here discussing developments in decentralisation that are going to facilitate a revolution for regular citizens the world over to escape the shackles and constrictions of the fiat monetary systems and allow free speech, free expression and free markets to be FREE of manipulation/control, yet our discussion here is subject to THE VERY SAME command and control ethos (i.e. We the Bitcointalk mods will decide what you can and can't say, what aspects of the world financial system are related to Dash and what aren't and what posts have merit, what posts don't and what content is "approved" and what's not and we will delete everything and anything that we, using our personal interpretation of "on-topic", deem unworthy of in this Dash thread).

Now, perhaps you think this is perfectly valid and perfectly reasonable. I (and I suspect many others here) don't.

You are not exercising prudence and reason in the nature of the posts you're deleting; but you're definitely exercising your perceived power and ability to harm/annoy/frustrate. Goodness only knows for what ultimate result or reason. It's certainly not to add value and usefulness to this community because, in my view, you're doing the very opposite.

Why are you censoring this thread like this?

What possible benefit can there be in removing posts where we're discussing current world events that relate to the need for new financial tools such as Dash?

What is it exactly that's so wrong with posts discussing the Greek situation given the capital controls and other measures being imposed on the citizens there are the very things Dash is designed to circumvent?

Put it this way, we, your stakeholders, get much benefit from the interactions amongst us all and we're facilitating greater understanding of why key attributes and aspects of Dash are important WITHIN THE CONTEXT of the various financial problems occurring around the world as we speak (e.g. Greece, China, issues with other cryptos that can affect Dash, issues with exchanges and other systems that can affect Dash, etc). Why do you feel the need to intervene and remove these conversations?

What is your agenda and why are you acting this way? I'd really like to know and I'd really like you to reply to this post and tell us all (your customers/stakeholders/Bitcointalk community members here) just why you're doing this and how it's either benefiting us or helping Bitcointalk.

Can you please respond and engage rather than just deleting posts left & right and and thereby leaving this thread so incomplete? It is disheartening in the extreme to spend time writing posts that are deleted for no seemingly good reason and I think you owe everyone an explanation.

regards

RenegadeMan

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:34:01 AM

Dear mprep,
So just when I thought you might be realising your overzealous besottedness with periodically ripping the guts out of the Bitcointalk members' postings in this thread, is a level of censorship and control freakery that's not only completely unacceptable, it equates to the worst of the worst examples from around the world of free speech being both squashed and stifled...
regards
RenegadeMan
Ha, I just noticed 4 deletions after you posted that. Yer agree with everthing you say, its like we can't even speak anymore and can't express ourselves. I may be wrong, but I always put it down to nasty trolls reporting on every other comment, and the mods just deleting it without question, not even looking at what was posted (although hidden agendas can't be ruled out)

Take care,
Sub-Ether.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:42:21 AM

Dear mprep,
So just when I thought you might be realising your overzealous besottedness with periodically ripping the guts out of the Bitcointalk members' postings in this thread, is a level of censorship and control freakery that's not only completely unacceptable, it equates to the worst of the worst examples from around the world of free speech being both squashed and stifled...
regards
RenegadeMan
Ha, I just noticed 4 deletions after you posted that. Yer agree with everthing you say, its like we can't even speak anymore and can't express ourselves. I may be wrong, but I always put it down to nasty trolls reporting on every other comment, and the mods just deleting it without question, not even looking at what was posted (although hidden agendas can't be ruled out)

Take care,
Sub-Ether.
I thought that trolls are trying to kill this tread. Mods are much more efficient.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:47:10 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2015, 10:02:03 AM by mprep

14 Deleted posts for me today.

Thankfully, I'm saved some typing by RenegadeMan who has kindly got it "off my chest" for me with his eloquent repertoire of anti-censoring rhetoric  Wink

[mod note: edited now off-topic (after split) content]

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 10:44:36 AM

Dear mprep,

So just when I thought you might be realising your overzealous besottedness with periodically ripping the guts out of the Bitcointalk members' postings in this thread, is a level of censorship and control freakery that's not only completely unacceptable, it equates to the worst of the worst examples from around the world of free speech being both squashed and stifled, it would appear I've had 22 of my posts deleted in the past 24 hours so I'm mistaken.

You (or if not you one of the other mods, but given the PM you and I communicated on recently, I'm guessing it is you) seem to have some need of exercising power over your stakeholders/customers and deciding what they will and will not talk about to a level I find incomprehensible and (frankly) completely appalling.

I have already expressed in no uncertain terms just how completely and utterly ironic it is that we're here discussing developments in decentralisation that are going to facilitate a revolution for regular citizens the world over to escape the shackles and constrictions of the fiat monetary systems and allow free speech, free expression and free markets to be FREE of manipulation/control, yet our discussion here is subject to THE VERY SAME command and control ethos (i.e. We the Bitcointalk mods will decide what you can and can't say, what aspects of the world financial system are related to Dash and what aren't and what posts have merit, what posts don't and what content is "approved" and what's not and we will delete everything and anything that we, using our personal interpretation of "on-topic", deem unworthy of in this Dash thread).

Now, perhaps you think this is perfectly valid and perfectly reasonable. I (and I suspect many others here) don't.

You are not exercising prudence and reason in the nature of the posts you're deleting; but you're definitely exercising your perceived power and ability to harm/annoy/frustrate. Goodness only knows for what ultimate result or reason. It's certainly not to add value and usefulness to this community because, in my view, you're doing the very opposite.

Why are you censoring this thread like this?

What possible benefit can there be in removing posts where we're discussing current world events that relate to the need for new financial tools such as Dash?

What is it exactly that's so wrong with posts discussing the Greek situation given the capital controls and other measures being imposed on the citizens there are the very things Dash is designed to circumvent?

Put it this way, we, your stakeholders, get much benefit from the interactions amongst us all and we're facilitating greater understanding of why key attributes and aspects of Dash are important WITHIN THE CONTEXT of the various financial problems occurring around the world as we speak (e.g. Greece, China, issues with other cryptos that can affect Dash, issues with exchanges and other systems that can affect Dash, etc). Why do you feel the need to intervene and remove these conversations?

What is your agenda and why are you acting this way? I'd really like to know and I'd really like you to reply to this post and tell us all (your customers/stakeholders/Bitcointalk community members here) just why you're doing this and how it's either benefiting us or helping Bitcointalk.

Can you please respond and engage rather than just deleting posts left & right and and thereby leaving this thread so incomplete? It is disheartening in the extreme to spend time writing posts that are deleted for no seemingly good reason and I think you owe everyone an explanation.

regards

RenegadeMan

If you feel I'm "periodically ripping the guts out of the Bitcointalk members' postings in this thread", I'd suggest contacting the admins and seeing what they think about the situtation. The fact that I've had to split and move this discussion shows your complete and utter lack of understanding of forum rules which the admins agree upon.

No, I'm not deciding what you do and don't talk about. I'm enforcing what the admin thinks should be and should not be talked about. And they don't want people going off-topic half of the time.

And I have listened to said expression and considering the fact that it completely disregards any rules, continue to enforce what the rules lay out as prohibited. Also, regarding control, Bitcoin might be decentralized, but Bitcointalk is not. It's currently owned by theymos who has given power to me and dozens of other mods to uphold the rules and moderate accordingly. He reviews our performance at the end of each month and so far, I haven't received any complaints from him in that regard. As such I continue to delete off-topic discussions like yours, which would in fact be suitable if they were done in the appropriate board and thread. If you feel that said thing isn't fair, complain to theymos or better yet start your own forum and see how big, yet still readable and useful it'll get without moderation.

You mean others who enjoy breaking the rules as well?

And in my view, you are making the thread unreadable and cluttered. So far the admins seem to be content with said view and if they start to dislike it, I will change it accordingly.

First of all, you are discussing current events in a coin thread. Not the impact on the coin of said events, just said events' details, speculating further development of said events, analyzing who made the stupid decisions is these events. Second of all, the benefit is that when people come to the thread, especially the ones who don't follow said threads with borderline fanaticism, they can read through and not get constantly overwhelmed by barely related discussions.

I've mentioned this in a PM, but it seems you ignore anything I write:

I agree that discussing Greece's impact on Dash is on-topic, however, the posts deleted mainly focus on analysis of Greece's economic crysis, the actions of politicians and the impact on the citizens' lives, rather than the impact on Dash itself. Just mentioning Dash at the end doesn't make the whole post on-topic when the rest of it doesn't focus on it. Analysis should be left for appropriate sections.

No, you aren't discussing "why key attributes and aspects of Dash are important WITHIN THE CONTEXT of the various financial problems occurring around the world as we speak (e.g. Greece, China, issues with other cryptos that can affect Dash, issues with exchanges and other systems that can affect Dash, etc)". You are discussing the said "various financial problems occurring around the world as we speak". Someone spilling coffee on his trading computer and accidentally triggering a sell order can impact Dash, but discussing how the coffee tasted, how much sugar it had and what mug he was using is not on-topic.

I follow and enforce the rules of Bitcointalk.org.

I would if you would've posted them in the appropriate section rather than continuing to post off-topic posts in the Dash thread. And, no, I don't owe anyone a freaking explanation after I explained to anyone who habitually broke the rules or PM'd me to inquire why I was deleting said posts. This is the third time I'm replying to you, the last 2 being via PM and so far you've just ignored the rules that are mandatory for everyone to follow and continued posting anyway.

Dear mprep,
regards
RenegadeMan

Take care,
Sub-Ether.
I always look at what's reported and if it's a tough case, discuss it with other moderators and admins.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: