Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:50:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Say Goodbye to Greece...  (Read 4374 times)
Bitware (OP)

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:50:16 AM

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/07/euro-leaders-reach-agreement-greece-bailout-deal-150713071039926.html

Full Text of the Agreement Between the Brussels-EU and Greece:
http://t.co/4OeNBKtyqv

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:54:19 AM

Sad news for the average person, good news for the euro top scamming pricks. My dream is Bitcoin obliterating these bastards.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:59:05 AM

So, I guess they called on Tsipras' bluff, country is bankrupt and he had no other way to avoid total collapse other than asking for more money, he made a good effort with the referendum but it was in vain...

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 12:01:12 PM

My dream is Bitcoin obliterating these bastards.

hahah we will see what will happend now, but i love your phrase Wink, will be hard, but who know?...

So, I guess they called on Tsipras' bluff, country is bankrupt and he had no other way to avoid total collapse other than asking for more money, he made a good effort with the referendum but it was in vain...

yep well at least ppl start to open his eyes about those things, things that drive you to nowhere Wink

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Bitware (OP)

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:13:36 PM

Bullshit.

Why didn't Tsipras put this deal up for a referendum vote as well?

The referendum vote was nothing but a bargaining chip - abusing the People of Greece - to get a better deal that backfired. Tsipras sold out the People of Greece for some money.
ClamCoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:14:37 PM

Goodbye greece. Shocked
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:08:48 PM

Bullshit.

Why didn't Tsipras put this deal up for a referendum vote as well?

The referendum vote was nothing but a bargaining chip - abusing the People of Greece - to get a better deal that backfired. Tsipras sold out the People of Greece for some money.

This.  He had no intention of ever walking away from the negotiating table.  It was all a ruse for political posturing.

Most likely got reassurances from the EU Oligarchs to keep him in power for a while longer.  And he probably bought some stocks low, and made money on the subsequent rise.

The Greeks will oust him eventually.  But he won't even be around when the eventual fallout happens, he'll be on a beach somewhere...
eerygarden

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:49:41 PM

Tsipras was corruptable, probably.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:55:56 PM

Greek minister want money to open the banks.
simple.

But it's too late ... for the people.
Don't make the same mistake ... buy Bitcoin at the DIP. Grin
dmeter

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:02:15 PM

Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras is likely to face internal strife over his 86-billion-euro agreement with international creditors on Monday.

The deal, which was struck after 17 hours of deliberations and will include more measures and reforms than the ones Greece submitted last week, will have to be ratified by the Greek government by Wednesday at the latest.

The SYRIZA Left Platform, a sub group within the party, is likely to vote against the deal, vote “present” or even abstain from the whole process, according to Greek media.

Productive Reconstruction, Environment and Energy Minister Panagiotis Lafazanis, leader of the Left Platform, will not resign from his post even though he will reportedly vote against the Prime Minister’s deal. Lafazanis had voted “present” during the parliament vote on the Greek proposals sent to international creditors.

The SYRIZA Parliamentary Group will meet tomorrow morning to discuss the deal.

- See more at: http://greece.greekreporter.com/2015/07/13/syriza-left-platform-likely-to-reject-bailout-deal-in-greek-parliament/#sthash.kt6ovpPK.dpuf
spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:06:07 PM

Sad news for the average person, good news for the euro top scamming pricks. My dream is Bitcoin obliterating these bastards.
Hallelujah

dragonseer

Activity: 611

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:14:04 PM

So in brief, the Prime Minister enjoyed the attention of the Referendum before ignoring the results and accepting an even more odious deal to pay off toxic debt.  However, this deal must be ratified by the parliament and the people are yet to react. Should be an interesting week.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
orsotheysaid

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:39:54 PM

Is still not decided yet, wait a day more, then we'll know.
Anyway all of this is a joke, if Tsipras accepts ten we'll end up the same in 6 months or less.
chaoman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:24:40 AM

apparently their govt can still veto it.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:59:26 AM

I wonder how fresh and coherent the various negotiators and leaders were, sitting in a meeting for 17 hours and apparently prevented from leaving before an agreement was made.  By the 17th hour I think I would agree to just about anything just to get out of that room and get some sleep.  What's the worst that could happen to me as a leader/negotiator?  Lose my job?  Face a hostile parliament on my return?  It's not like my personal fortune or liberty would be at risk.

The future of nations being negotiated in a pressure cooker by a tired and exhausted group of humans.  Sheer insanity.
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 07:56:03 AM

We can't possibly know the full extent of the game of chicken played behind closed doors; 19 nations, parliaments, political parties all posturing and straddling the blurred lines between what is assumed to be good for Greece, for the EU, for individual countries, individual politicians and individual parties. So, really an all round circus.

What seems to be clear as the dust settles is that Greece is worse off than it was (if that is possible) and the EU project is possibly damaged beyond repair; acting in violation of its own rules and subverting the law and will of a sovereign nation show the real colours of not only itself (ie the EU) but our current global financial system.

Is this good for bitcoin? I'd say yes. It is further embedded in the public consciousness as a crisis asset but more importantly, it will benefit as more and more people see what a mess things will become when the music stops.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 08:36:22 AM

The more countries collapse, the more people understand the  reason behind it. FIAT CURRENCY. The more people understand it, the more people find out ways to find an alternative. We already have an alternative. A decentralized crypto coin called BITCOIN. All they need is to understand bitcoin and use it according to their own terms. Once they adopt it, they'd possibly be a part of the happy ending, if there is any ending.
freebit13

Activity: 616

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:43:14 AM

This was obvious as soon as Varoufakis "resigned"... you don't say no to the mob or they make an example out of you!

Now we wait to see if the people of Greece accept what they have been forced into.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
eerygarden

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:43:34 AM

I wonder how fresh and coherent the various negotiators and leaders were, sitting in a meeting for 17 hours and apparently prevented from leaving before an agreement was made.  By the 17th hour I think I would agree to just about anything just to get out of that room and get some sleep.  What's the worst that could happen to me as a leader/negotiator?  Lose my job?  Face a hostile parliament on my return?  It's not like my personal fortune or liberty would be at risk.

The future of nations being negotiated in a pressure cooker by a tired and exhausted group of humans.  Sheer insanity.

Great summary. Its probably lies. I bet they all had bunkbeds in there. None of them looked tired when they spoke to the media the following morning. Perhaps they had consumed amphetamines.
eerygarden

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:56:42 AM

The more countries collapse, the more people understand the  reason behind it. FIAT CURRENCY. The more people understand it, the more people find out ways to find an alternative. We already have an alternative. A decentralized crypto coin called BITCOIN. All they need is to understand bitcoin and use it according to their own terms. Once they adopt it, they'd possibly be a part of the happy ending, if there is any ending.

I guess time will tell. With Cyprus its population was 1 million people, with Greece it has 10 million people. Who's next? Portugal? Thats another 10 million.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: