Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:21:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MDT] Midnight | BMW-256, 1-Click Nodes, Ongoing POW, POS [MODDED]  (Read 11003 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xadsa418

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 07:18:09 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2015, 08:27:23 PM by xadsa418

I always make my own code inspecting before investing and i would like to share my analysis results:

CBlock::SetBestChainInner          Good      blackcoin arch       
CBlockIndex::IsSuperMajority       Good      dash blackcoin arch 
CTransaction::FetchInputs          Good      blackcoin           
CTransaction::CheckTransaction     Good      blackcoin arch       
CWalletTx::AcceptWalletTransaction Good      blackcoin arch       
GetNextTargetRequired              Good      blackcoin           
SendMessages                       Most similar blackcoin, diff=2, codehash=fe2faaf44781f6b3497d Manually checked Good
CTransaction::ConnectInputs        Most similar arch, diff=48, codehash=3aae30ab75fbe23d208a Manually checked Good
CBlock::AcceptBlock                Most similar blackcoin, diff=3, codehash=0bb88e262f0ef923bae1 Manually checked Good
GetTransaction                     Good      blackcoin arch       
CBlock::SignBlock                  Good      blackcoin           
CBlock::CheckBlock                 Most similar bucks, diff=2, codehash=029f03c50e61772be722 Manually checked Good
ProcessMessages                    Most similar blackcoin, diff=2, codehash=bafd7212401dee68407d Manually checked Good
CTransaction::DisconnectInputs     Good      blackcoin arch       
ProcessBlock                       Good      blackcoin           
CMerkleTx::GetBlocksToMaturity     Good      blackcoin           
GetProofOfStakeLimit               Dangerous blackcoin         Manually checked Good   
AcceptToMemoryPool                 Good      blackcoin           
CMerkleTx::AcceptToMemoryPool      Good      blackcoin           
ProcessMessage                     Most similar blackcoin, diff=18, codehash=04699ebfa743ab234a9a Manually checked Good
CheckProofOfWork                   Good      dash blackcoin       
CTxOut CTransaction::GetOutputFor  Good      blackcoin arch       
CBlockIndex::GetBlockTrust         Good      blackcoin arch       
CBlock::CheckBlockSignature        Good      blackcoin           
CTransaction::GetValueIn           Good      blackcoin arch       
CBlock::ConnectBlock               Most similar blackcoin, diff=5, codehash=1a0a6fb0d9bc6aefff4e Manually checked Good

GetProofOfWorkReward Manually checked Good
GetProofOfStakeReward Manually checked Good

Whole code assessment: Safe

What is this? And how to read this info?
As you know most of the coins have very similar code bases. But any little bug could damage the whole blockchain. To avoid this people check the code both manually and automatically.  As I know ocminer automatically check code for already known bugs, so his checks couldn't find new bug. Earlz check code manually, but he also could miss something, because codebase is very huge. I chose different way. I wrote the script which compare code in one coin with code in other already inspected coins. So if you see something like "Good blackcoin arch " it means that i already inspected this code before in blackcoin's and arch's source, and I think that its safe. When my script finds new code it asks me to check it manually and tells me whih codebases is most similar, so 'CBlock::ConnectBlock                Most similar blackcoin, diff=5, codehash=1a0a6fb0d9bc6aefff4e'  means that most similar code of CBlock::ConnectBlock have seen in blackcoin and there is 5 places where something was changed.
Currently i check only most important functions in main.cpp.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 08:18:23 PM

I always make my own code inspecting before investing and i would like to share my analysis results:

SendMessages                       Most similar blackcoin, diff=2, codehash=fe2faaf44781f6b3497d Manually checked Good
CTransaction::ConnectInputs        Most similar arch, diff=48, codehash=3aae30ab75fbe23d208a Manually checked Good
CBlock::AcceptBlock                Most similar blackcoin, diff=3, codehash=0bb88e262f0ef923bae1 Manually checked Good
CBlock::CheckBlock                 Most similar bucks, diff=2, codehash=029f03c50e61772be722 Manually checked Good
ProcessMessages                    Most similar blackcoin, diff=2, codehash=bafd7212401dee68407d Manually checked Good
GetProofOfStakeLimit               Dangerous blackcoin         Manually checked Good   
ProcessMessage                     Most similar blackcoin, diff=18, codehash=04699ebfa743ab234a9a Manually checked Good
CBlock::ConnectBlock               Most similar blackcoin, diff=5, codehash=1a0a6fb0d9bc6aefff4e Manually checked Good

As your know most of the coins have very similar code bases. But any little bug could damage the whole blockchain. To avoid this people check the code both manually and automatically.  As I know ocminer automatically check code for already known bugs, so his checks couldn't find new bug. Earlz check code manually, but he also could miss something, because codebase is very huge. I chose different way. I wrote the script which compare code in one coin with code in other already inspected coins. So if you see something like "Good blackcoin arch " it means that i already inspected this code before in blackcoin's and arch's source, and I think that its safe. When my script finds new code it asks me to check it manually and tells me whih codebases is most similar, so 'CBlock::ConnectBlock                Most similar blackcoin, diff=5, codehash=1a0a6fb0d9bc6aefff4e'  means that most similar code of CBlock::ConnectBlock have seen in blackcoin and there is 5 places where something was changed.

Great work, very interesting !

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
badam

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:18:48 PM

As your know most of the coins have very similar code bases. But any little bug could damage the whole blockchain. To avoid this people check the code both manually and automatically.  As I know ocminer automatically check code for already known bugs, so his checks couldn't find new bug. Earlz check code manually, but he also could miss something, because codebase is very huge. I chose different way. I wrote the script which compare code in one coin with code in other already inspected coins. So if you see something like "Good blackcoin arch " it means that i already inspected this code before in blackcoin's and arch's source, and I think that its safe. When my script finds new code it asks me to check it manually and tells me whih codebases is most similar, so 'CBlock::ConnectBlock                Most similar blackcoin, diff=5, codehash=1a0a6fb0d9bc6aefff4e'  means that most similar code of CBlock::ConnectBlock have seen in blackcoin and there is 5 places where something was changed.

Thanks for posting this i find it a very useful info. Also this sustains dev's claims that this coin was forked from balckcoin with a new algo
InceptionCoin

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:49:58 PM

Thank you very much for your review and i have some questions:
What does codehash means?
Do you have site/github/any-place where all your reviews are collected?
Why GetProofOfStakeLimit from blackcoin marked as Dangerous?

Skilled C++ and Python programmer. Looking around to create solid longterm coin by myself. Do you have any ideas? Feel free to PM me.
xadsa418

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:13:45 PM

Thank you very much for your review and i have some questions:
What does codehash means?
Do you have site/github/any-place where all your reviews are collected?
Why GetProofOfStakeLimit from blackcoin marked as Dangerous?
1. Nevermind, some inner parameter, index in the database.
2. No, it's my first public review.
3. GetProofOfStakeLimit in the blackcoin depends on two different constants, usually everybody check only one of them, so i marked this code as dangerous to be wary.

By the way, i find now that payments for "reserve" isn't mandatory, because there is no check that miner pay it in ConnectBlock. So its possible to create miner which doesn't pay to reserve. midnightwish you should modify ConnectBlock in main.cpp, you can find example of such check here https://github.com/NETWORKCOIN/NETC-NETWORKCOINX_13/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1672
findyou1337

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:55:38 PM

the local external ip is not yet detected . pleas try again in few minutes ??

wtf?
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 06:22:51 AM

Well, it appears the one click set up does not turn off the staking too. Have to add the line
staking = 0 to the midnight.conf file so the masternode input doesn't stake... Roll Eyes
midnightwish (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 01:16:39 PM

the local external ip is not yet detected . pleas try again in few minutes ??

wtf?
You can put this in your .conf file:

externalip=1.2.3.4

Replace 1.2.3.4 with your ip.  Then you don't have to wait for it to try to auto-detect it from peers.
midnightwish (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 03:28:18 PM

Distribution seems to be done. What's your plan for this coin, dev?
Hi,
I'm working on the website and documentation/write-ups for the coin this weekend.  The main focus on Midnight is around the Midnight Reserve Fund and what I'm calling Midnight Drawing Rights (MDR's).  I'm still working the specifics/mechanics of how the program will work but the concept is that MDT will be backed by MDR's, similar to how NAUT is buying gold, or the Sync Fund.  Similar to SDR's from the IMF, the MDR will be made up of a basket of crypto currencies that are determined quarterly (instead of annually in the case of SDRs).  The MDT in the MRF will be used to make a market and build up the holdings of the MRF behind the MDR's (ok, that's a lot of acronyms Tongue).  So the value of the MRF will set a par or reference value of MDT with some multiple.  What I am thinking through now is how we can maybe have some kind of redemption program, and what happens then if we allow redemptions to MDR swaps, perhaps the swapped MDT is burned?  I need to think through that a little more but once its been finalized I'll build a web app and an in-wallet interface to support it.  I think this program will be something a little unique as its a different twist on a couple of concepts that have been tried before, and it will put real value backing MDT.

Apart from that the next thing coming is a wallet rebrand and optimized staking wallet.

If I build a multipool for Midnight will anybody use it?
badam

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 03:42:53 PM

Distribution seems to be done. What's your plan for this coin, dev?
Hi,
I'm working on the website and documentation/write-ups for the coin this weekend.  The main focus on Midnight is around the Midnight Reserve Fund and what I'm calling Midnight Drawing Rights (MDR's).  I'm still working the specifics/mechanics of how the program will work but the concept is that MDT will be backed by MDR's, similar to how NAUT is buying gold, or the Sync Fund.  Similar to SDR's from the IMF, the MDR will be made up of a basket of crypto currencies that are determined quarterly (instead of annually in the case of SDRs).  The MDT in the MRF will be used to make a market and build up the holdings of the MRF behind the MDR's (ok, that's a lot of acronyms Tongue).  So the value of the MRF will set a par or reference value of MDT with some multiple.  What I am thinking through now is how we can maybe have some kind of redemption program, and what happens then if we allow redemptions to MDR swaps, perhaps the swapped MDT is burned?  I need to think through that a little more but once its been finalized I'll build a web app and an in-wallet interface to support it.  I think this program will be something a little unique as its a different twist on a couple of concepts that have been tried before, and it will put real value backing MDT.

Apart from that the next thing coming is a wallet rebrand and optimized staking wallet.

If I build a multipool for Midnight will anybody use it?

Nice roadmapish Wink
badam

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 08:41:06 AM

MDT is nicely skyrocketing on yobit +3821% rise today
oldkolobok

Activity: 229

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 08:51:38 AM

I do not understand the work of the PIC. Wallet silent, zero stack. (((
What's wrong?
bobbyremone

Activity: 36
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:06:57 AM

As you know most of the coins have very similar code bases. But any little bug could damage the whole blockchain. To avoid this people check the code both manually and automatically.  As I know ocminer automatically check code for already known bugs, so his checks couldn't find new bug. Earlz check code manually, but he also could miss something, because codebase is very huge. I chose different way. I wrote the script which compare code in one coin with code in other already inspected coins. So if you see something like "Good blackcoin arch " it means that i already inspected this code before in blackcoin's and arch's source, and I think that its safe. When my script finds new code it asks me to check it manually and tells me whih codebases is most similar, so 'CBlock::ConnectBlock                Most similar blackcoin, diff=5, codehash=1a0a6fb0d9bc6aefff4e'  means that most similar code of CBlock::ConnectBlock have seen in blackcoin and there is 5 places where something was changed.
great job xadsa. are you female developer?
will u make code inspecting for another coins?
xadsa418

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:03:13 AM

great job xadsa. are you female developer?
will u make code inspecting for another coins?
I'm planning to make review of new coins in which i want to invest.
megadestruct61

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 04:28:29 PM

Wow that pump on yobit! Glad I decided to roll the dice on this one and get a masternode running!
primera

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:25:13 PM

Nice coin i going to give it a try... Smiley
findyou1337

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:58:45 PM

my masternode runnig 6 yours ago , and no stake , why?
Epsylon3
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 07:14:51 PM

Can release a cuda miner for 0.25 btc... contact me...

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 07:17:29 PM

Can release a cuda miner for 0.25 btc... contact me...

Isn't it a bit late ? (no trolling intended - just saying Smiley)

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Epsylon3
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 07:30:48 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2015, 08:08:01 PM by Epsylon3

was busy on yiimp, not so easy to implement this bmw, and i only mined on cpu during the high rewards

as far as i know there is no public one yet... only a full crap of BMW 512 which cant work...

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: