Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:08:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Girl Scouts in Ohio gone corporate!  (Read 1260 times)
kjlimo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 05:05:23 AM

The Girl Scouts membership in Ohio have been faced with injustice by the board of corporate Girl Scouts.

Camps are being shut down (trying to get money for them) when the girl scouts want to utilize these camps as has been done for over 75+ years.  The membership has taken the board to court (many years of decisions trying to be reversed). 

This is an uphill battle and our legal system creates an onerous financial burden to take on such a Goliath.

Here's the main group supporting the pursuit:

http://www.trefoilintegrity.org/

I created an address and funded the first bitcoin to pledge to this cause.

1PdDbVU1GJhVfP9uAs9AkwgyucNPZJxMo2

I'm reaching out to Trefoil Integrity to get them to add bitcoin as a donation option to their website.

The more bitcoins I have to offer to them, the larger the business case will be for them to add the option to the website.  I'm thinking just 10 BTC should be enough to convince them to add the option for accepting bitcoins.  However, feel free to donate more!

Watch the pot grow here: http://blockchain.info/address/1PdDbVU1GJhVfP9uAs9AkwgyucNPZJxMo2

My name is Monty Wesoloski and I am a proud Eagle Scout of the Greater Cleveland Council.  A quick google search found me this directory http://gccbsa.info/history/eagles.php

I loved camping monthly growing up and want to have this continue to be an option for all children (girls included).  Girls definitely need their own camp sites to provide the great outdoors combined with security of a safe environment.

I hope there are some campers in our bitcoin world that agree with this cause.  Thank you in advance for your support!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 06:14:32 AM

Why do girls need to own sites instead of renting them? It always seemed odd to me that an organization supposedly oriented toward something like character development in girls would need to double as a real estate management company.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 09:51:57 AM

we really need a us-specific subforum.
this is so not important to the world.... or bitcoin...
kjlimo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 12:52:37 PM

Fair enough.  Is there a better place to put something like this?

Why do girls need to own sites instead of renting them? It always seemed odd to me that an organization supposedly oriented toward something like character development in girls would need to double as a real estate management company.

The Boy Scouts have several camps as well.  When the camps are under management of the organization, the seclusion can offer additional security to the youth of America.  It also maintains the pristine outdoor environment as opposed to some of the commercial camping options available.

Fold for spending BTCs

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 09:25:14 PM

The Boy Scouts have several camps as well.  When the camps are under management of the organization, the seclusion can offer additional security to the youth of America.  It also maintains the pristine outdoor environment as opposed to some of the commercial camping options available.

OMG! Did you never watch Friday the 13th!???
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 01:49:39 AM

This belongs in off topic. If the girl scouts start accepting bitcoins it's worth a thread in bitcoin discussion.

I equally don't understand Boy Scouts of America Property Company.

If I heard that the Girl Scouts were selling every property and setting up a trust to subsidize all troop camping trips for all of eternity I'd be shocked, in a good way.

seclusion = security is false. And there are plenty of pristine places that can be used without owning them.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
kjlimo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 07:18:36 AM

While I agree that the Girl & Boy Scouts of America may not need to be property managers, when the properties were donated, the intention was to have the land available for girl scouts.

The board of directors is not executing on their duty to use the property as intended, which is why the membership would like to reclaim control of the organization to restore the wishes of the membership.

I'll see if I can figure out how to move my thread.

EDIT: figured it out, not too hard... there's a magic Move Topic button.

Fold for spending BTCs

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: