Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 10:24:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NoWhammies  (Read 449 times)
NoWhammies (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 06:17:26 AM

OK well I’m NoWhammies, I’m a noob that just Googled “How to mine bitcoins” & clicked on the first link entitled “Beginners Guide to Mining Bitcoins” (startbitcoin.com). It instructed me first to get a “Wallet”. I did that, encrypted it, then somehow found bitcoin.cz and installed “Bitcoin miner” on my computer. I choose “Kiv’s GUI miner”. Then I Sighed up with a bitcoin.cz account, logged in, entered my wallet address, registered, then copied and pasted http://api.bitcoin.cz:8332 in the address bar, clicked the forward arrow (Internet Explorer 9), and it asked me for a name and password. I gave my worker1 name and password and that didn’t work. I then gave my bitcoin.cz name and password and that didn’t work…
So now I’m basically wondering if anyone out there who has experience on getting up and running is willing to talk to me about it on Teamspeak, or even Ventrilo. … Is there a TS or Vent room up now?

Ok so when I Download a bitcoin miner. Ufasoft bitcoin miner for example, I seem to always get this pop up screen that says “This program might harm your computer”. The options are “Don’t run this program” (recommended), “Delete program”, & “Run anyway”. What should I do? I’m running  an Inteli7-950, in an ASUS Rampage 3, with 2 Radion HD 5750’s hooked up with crossfire.

Tongue
NoWhammies (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 06:21:04 AM

There we go. Well I’ll be the first “Reply” to my post. I’m thinking that the name and password that I got through bitcoin.cz should work but it simply doesn’t. Also I’m afraid that this miner will mess my baby up but it does say it supports ATI which is is what a Radion HD 5750 is …  Huh
NoWhammies (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 06:26:24 AM

I wish Slush would descend from heaven and take my PC’s hand and show it the way  Cheesy
thepwnorbpwnd

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 06:29:42 AM

You're sure you got the latest version of the miner? And that your drivers are up to date?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: