Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:02:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [GAME] - Find a loaded address, and it's yours!  (Read 813 times)
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 09:44:58 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2012, 11:49:27 AM by flatfly

2^256 Deep Space Vagabond: A gentle, mostly theoretical* attack on Bitcoin...

Newbies wanting to get acquainted with some basic Bitcoin concepts in a fun and risk-free way, and take FREE chances in winning up to 105,611 BTC, can give the 2^256 Deep Space Vagabond a try Smiley

How it works

The basic premise behind DSV is extremely simple:
 1. Generate Address
 2. Check Balance
 3. Grab the key and it's yours! (if you do manage to find a loaded address before the end of the universe)

There is no actual help file at the moment but the app should be pretty self-explanatory.

How to get started

Download and run the freeware application for Windows Vista/XP/7 32/64bit:

Version 1.35c: http://dre.redmartian.org/dsv135c.exe  (stand-alone, 851K)

SHA256 hash: 94b4164c87934525e702629b5bf5a4624ef4c3fb5b04c5b18df81852c398cd70

Generate a new batch of addresses and pick some to examine their balance one by one.

A word of warning on downloading Windows executables

It's highly recommended not to blindly download random executables from this forum.
I do guarantee that this app does no malicious things, but I do always recommend to either run new executables in a sandbox (such as Sandboxie) or virtual machine or, for the technically-oriented, compile them from the source code when available.

As for DSV, after carefully considering whether to open source it or not, I decided to only make the source code to the initial Python-based (command-line) prototype freely available to all. The full source code to the current version will be made available on donation only (amount TBD).

Coming soon: Special modes!

Official thread

The official thread for this project can be found there

*due to the fact that 2^256 is so huge, this app will probably never
truly harm Bitcoin. And if it does, it will just mean that the basic
premises were flawed.

I hope this app will encourage good, constructive discussion of Bitcoin concepts
as a beneficial side-effect, but if it instead generates too much controversy, I will
consider withdrawing it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 10:44:36 AM

After 448 Keys ... i must say it's tiring.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 10:54:33 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2012, 11:07:06 AM by flatfly

Lol - I think that's kind of the point Smiley

I will add some interesting reading on how big the keyspace actually is.

And in later releases, there will be additional rewards and quests, making it less boring/pointless...
phantastisch
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 11:33:32 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2012, 01:37:41 PM by phantastisch

And in later releases, there will be additional rewards and quests, making it less boring/pointless...

I just wanted to test the program Cheesy I know its pretty unlikely to find a adress, but hey human life in the universe happened so  this may eventually happen , too.
(and i need an excuse for not learning for my exam tomorrow...)

Edit : Excuse found , i just generated and checked over 450000 empty private keys ;-)

✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 01:47:21 PM

I just wanted to test the program Cheesy I know its pretty unlikely to find a adress, but hey human life in the universe happened so  this may eventually happen , too.

Edit : Excuse found , i just generated and checked over 450000 empty private keys ;-)

Really, 450000? How did you manage to check that many so fast?

BTW, I'm also real good at finding pointless stuff to do instead of studying for exams Smiley
phantastisch
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 01:59:49 PM

I just wanted to test the program Cheesy I know its pretty unlikely to find a adress, but hey human life in the universe happened so  this may eventually happen , too.

BTW, I'm also real good at finding pointless stuff to do instead of studying for exams Smiley

Vanitygen + Intel i5-2400 Quadcore + Armory + 2 hours , i am not really 100% sure if it checked them all but i checked the pastes (not in armory because scrolling was impossible). And i did a check with 5000 + 12000 first as a proof of concept. And i just tried to sweep them not to import them which is a option in armory. I would have refunded though, i am not that mean :-p
Generating Addresses was faster with the cpu than my gpu because i just used 1f and 1q as prefixes.

✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 02:21:54 PM

I just wanted to test the program Cheesy I know its pretty unlikely to find a adress, but hey human life in the universe happened so  this may eventually happen , too.

Vanitygen + Intel i5-2400 Quadcore + Armory + 2 hours , i am not really 100% sure if it checked them all but i checked the pastes (not in armory because scrolling was impossible). And i did a check with 5000 + 12000 first as a proof of concept. And i just tried to sweep them not to import them which is a option in armory. I would have refunded though, i am not that mean :-p
Generating Addresses was faster with the cpu than my gpu because i just used 1f and 1q as prefixes.

Interesting! I didn't know Armory was so fast at checking a large number of addresses.
phantastisch
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 02:24:41 PM

Interesting! I didn't know Armory was so fast at checking a large number of addresses.

Well i counted them and the exact number is 485797.

✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
flatfly (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 02:34:31 PM

Well i counted them and the exact number is 485797.

To be sure that it's really checking them, you could insert a known non-empty address in the middle of the list - but I shouldn't be distracting you too much, don't forget your exam Smiley
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 06:52:14 PM

It has been said before ... It is more profitable to mine bitcoins than it is to try to find a valid private key.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: