Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:35:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [RFC] P2P trading of crypto-coins  (Read 2887 times)
spndr7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 02:27:11 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 05:50:25 PM by spndr7

Order opening,closing and modification
A block-chain is maintained which keeps all valid open orders.A node requesting to open an order sends order quote to the network.The network verifies the order by periodically querying the corresponding blockchain and check that order is sent by the node is less than its
balance or not.In this way fake orders could be weeded out.A node can modify or cancel the order by querying the network with message signed with its private keys.

Orders open could be accessed by all nodes.Any node interested could send request for accepting an order.After similar verification about buyer's balance the order status is changed to accepted.

Money Allocation to intermediate nodes
Once order is accepted,the network divides the money to the other nodes such that,the money send to any node is less than the trade amount,that node wants to execute.This trade assignment is sent to both trading parties.They are required to send money to assigned intermediate nodes.These transactions are verified by the network.

Intermediate transaction
After all intermediate transactions are over,the network sends the address of buyer and seller to the nodes which received money from seller and buyer receptively. Until they successfully execute their routing assignment,their trade money is not released from their intermediates.

Assumptions
1. To start the trading, first two nodes should be assumed that they conducted their routing operation.

Advantages
1.Buyer and seller don't know each other until trade is successfully conducted.
2.Using a block-chain,all trading activities can be recorded securely so that trade is not tampered until its over.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 02:31:57 PM

Make this happen man, you are my hero.

Does this mean every buyer/seller needs to run at least 3 instances: LTC, BTC, and the order chain?
AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:12:43 PM

What is "Intermdediate" ?
spndr7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 03:21:09 PM

Make this happen man, you are my hero.

Does this mean every buyer/seller needs to run at least 3 instances: LTC, BTC, and the order chain?

Yes, you are correct.The two instances of the crypto-coins you are buying and selling,plus the order chain.

Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 03:21:39 PM

Once order is accepted,the network divides the money to the other nodes such that,the money send to any node is less than the trade amount,that node wants to execute.This trade assignment is sent to both trading parties.They are required to send money to assigned intermediate nodes.These transactions are verified by the network.

You haven't described how you plan to secure the trade from these intermediary nodes and that's probably the core problem to solve.
spndr7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 04:02:53 PM

What is "Intermdediate" ?

The intermediate node is the random third party node assigned by the network,which handles the trust problem.Once the transaction from the buyer/sellers to intermediate nodes is verified,the network assigns the intermediate nodes, the address of the party (at opposite end of trade) to transfer the money to that end.

Until the intermediate nodes transfer the money,their own trade is locked.
At all levels,all the transaction related to an order are securely stored in blockchain,using method similar to bitcoin,to avoid tampering to an open order.

bitcool
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 04:10:06 PM

One way to minimize intermediary fraud is having a concept of a "order chain" (series of small orders), instead of big orders.
Each order is triggered after previous transaction went through, this way if something goes wrong, the loss will be small.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 04:46:46 PM

I dont understand this graph or what p2p-trading means. Do you try to invent an secure escrow-payment by using bitcoin. So something like escrow.com only without fees? Or is this about anonymizing coinmoney?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
spndr7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 05:05:11 PM

I dont understand this graph or what p2p-trading means.

Read this topic - P2P Cryptocoin Exchange (P2PX)

Do you try to invent an secure escrow-payment by using bitcoin. So something like escrow.com only without fees? Or is this about anonymizing coinmoney?

Generally a centralized trusted third party is needed for money exchange,between anonymous users just like escrow.com.I am putting forward an idea to decentralize the trust in the network.

bitcool
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 05:30:47 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2012, 06:35:29 PM by bitcool

Having a decentralized EBay has been something in my mind for a long long time, I think if this can be done, it's an important step toward that direction.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 06:33:58 PM

Sounds interesting... to be independent from third parties would be cool. Because third parties can be not trustworthy at the end. And take fees.

I sold a website a month ago for $562.50 and had to use escrow.com. I had to take a cheque and finally, after one month!, i got my money it was only $464,07. Thats 82.5% of the money. $98,43 less. Because the fee for escrow.com of $25 and the banks took the rest.

I only say i dont like having to trust third parties. Maybe this thing can be used for noncurrency objects at some point too. Would be even nicer... Smiley

Good luck with this!

bitcool
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 09:45:47 PM

You haven't described how you plan to secure the trade from these intermediary nodes and that's probably the core problem to solve.
Most trading systems in the end need to deal with the issue of trust.

In my view a decentralized trading system needs to mimic real life; there need to have a (loose) integration with WOT or other independent services functioning like "credit bureau", instead of tracking SSNs, they keep track of PKs.

bitcool
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:57:44 PM

Here are some thoughts:

1. How do we prevent order chain abuse? Adding fee requirement?

2. Why do we need the 3rd chain? can it be integrated with an alt-chain itself?

3. Instead of sending money to intermediary nodes, the network can allow money being sent to non-existent "ghost addresses" and locked there for a period of time; when/where this money is released to depends on whether the trade is successful or not, i.e. it's either released back to the sender (expired), or the trade partner (immediately after a trade).

I think the new BTC multi-sign feature may be useful for this, (not sure, I am guessing here)
Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 10:59:27 PM

Here are some thoughts:

3. Instead of sending money to intermediary nodes, the network can allow money being sent to non-existent "ghost addresses" and locked there for a period of time; when/where this money is released to depends on whether the trade is successful or not, i.e. it's either released back to the sender (expired), or the trade partner (immediately after a trade).

I think the new BTC multi-sign feature may be useful for this, (not sure, I am guessing here)

Hard to make the trade atomic unless the trade occurs on the same block chain. I think there is a proposal of colored chain which enables atomic trade on a single block chain, provided that all properties (colored coins, smart properties) exists on the same block chain.
bitcool
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 12:48:45 AM

Here are some thoughts:

Hard to make the trade atomic unless the trade occurs on the same block chain. I think there is a proposal of colored chain which enables atomic trade on a single block chain, provided that all properties (colored coins, smart properties) exists on the same block chain.
The industry's answer to distributed transaction is coming up with standard transaction API that everyone implements.

The chances of having this done in the Bitcoin world is very remote
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 05:04:59 PM

A tx fee to support the network would be nice.  Something like mining, or proof of stake?  Would it be possible for nodes to earn money?
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 11:31:16 PM

YES PLEASE

hi
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 11:40:05 PM

Sure... more fees... great idea...

spndr7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 12:34:19 PM

A tx fee to support the network would be nice.  Something like mining, or proof of stake?  Would it be possible for nodes to earn money?

Why would nodes want to earn extra money,already they would be paying transaction fees for quick transactions,and besides this their trade would be happening without extra brokerage.

DeLorean

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 04:23:15 PM

I don't understand this well enough to know if it's feasible... but man it would be great to not have to trust exchanges.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: