Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:19:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Real Untold Story Of Government's Takedown of Silk Road  (Read 1880 times)
Krang

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 12:33:16 PM

There might be a lot of holes but the US gov wont care. They got their man by any means necessary and that's all that matters to them.

That's the key bit. If he was buried on the basis of multiple fudgings, mistakes and lies then a little opening emerges for appeals.

Personally I think he's dick who deserved to go down, but anyone looking at how it played out would be hard pressed to say he got a fair trial.

Even if you're caught with a vat of boiling school children, you still have that right.

I also felt the same way as you did, but watching the Silk Road documentary I feel a bit sorry for him and definitly think he got an unfair trail. Funny how the US can do whatever they want to put someone away and disregard their defense on valid points and can also hack into peoples data and communications en mass but if one person does it against someone else they're a criminal and ca be put away for it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blackbird0

Activity: 207

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:38:36 PM

Shouldn't that mean that Ross Ulbricht can now start a case to defend himself, attacking the old decision i mean?

I'm sure a new trail will come with some much being left out and now the agent pleading guilty, is a matter of time before an appeal judge will grant Ross a new day in court base on all the key proof that was left out and all the corruption in the system.

I don't know the case but i hope he didn't sign something in order to get a lower sentence. It could mean a big problem to him then. Imagine him getting asked why he want's a revision when he explained, out of his free will, that he did all things.

He did not.

He will be able to pursue his direct appeal to the Second Circuit Court of Appeals once his post-trial motions have been resolved by the District Court.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:24:32 PM

Shouldn't that mean that Ross Ulbricht can now start a case to defend himself, attacking the old decision i mean?

I'm sure a new trail will come with some much being left out and now the agent pleading guilty, is a matter of time before an appeal judge will grant Ross a new day in court base on all the key proof that was left out and all the corruption in the system.

I don't know the case but i hope he didn't sign something in order to get a lower sentence. It could mean a big problem to him then. Imagine him getting asked why he want's a revision when he explained, out of his free will, that he did all things

He did not.

He will be able to pursue his direct appeal to the Second Circuit Court of Appeals once his post-trial motions have been resolved by the District Court.

Oh well, that are good news for him. Knowing how the american court system works it might very well be that he comes free. As the poor victim of a conspiracy or similar. Still... this remains a exciting story for a movie. Tongue
Blackbird0

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:09:49 PM

I don't know the case but i hope he didn't sign something in order to get a lower sentence. It could mean a big problem to him then. Imagine him getting asked why he want's a revision when he explained, out of his free will, that he did all things

He did not.

Oh well, that are good news for him. Knowing how the american court system works it might very well be that he comes free. As the poor victim of a conspiracy or similar. Still... this remains a exciting story for a movie. Tongue

I doubt it. His grounds for appeal seem minimal.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:44:55 PM

He did not.

That would probably only be possible if proof was gotten illegally (eg. without a warrant or under pressure, stuff like that.)
Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 10:45:39 PM

Further proof that gov't agents had complete access to SR's website, wallets, ect.

http://www.coindesk.com/former-silk-road-dea-agent-pleads-guilty-to-bitcoin-theft/

Blackbird0

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 10:50:47 PM

Further proof that gov't agents had complete access to SR's website, wallets, ect.

http://www.coindesk.com/former-silk-road-dea-agent-pleads-guilty-to-bitcoin-theft/

That's not at all what that says.
Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 03:58:04 PM

I think you're shamelessly spamming the forum with your phishy sig campaign.

Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 03:50:36 AM

The Silk Road Had Multiple DPRs - Amir Taaki

https://youtu.be/qJaMGua9GfU

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: