Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 09:30:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: “God bless Planned Parenthood” – PP Uses Abortions to Sell Baby Parts  (Read 13196 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 03:23:36 PM

When do you believe the life of a human start?

misterycoins

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:10:45 AM

I want to know what these fetal body parts are being used for. If they are going to be used to find ways to help people live healthy and pain-free lives this does not bother me in the least.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:23:42 AM

Firstly, thanks again for the clear reply - It's refreshing to read posts which state the author's points clearly, without emotional hyperbole.
The problem that you're getting at I think, is that abortion law is based on the fetus not developing to the stage of a "classical human", one that can feel pain, have thoughts etc. Although it is a valid point, I don't think it relates to what happens to the baby parts after abortion - the law states that babies can be aborted before they develop to a certain point, and PP follow these laws. I don't see any moral issue with them using the wrong technical terms for fetal organs.

Well at 20 weeks, fetuses have been proven to feel pain during abortions. I'm sure if doctors are doing those later term abortions, and are using then they probably know this.

But my point is that the law says fetuses aren't babies, or else it would be murder. It's becoming quite clear to me, that these people know they are babies, and that they are killing them. They lying to the women.

When a woman comes in to Planned Parenthood, they may just be taking a pregnancy test a month or so into it, and talking to the doctor about the results, when they start talking about tissues/fetus, versus a baby. The conversations may not only happen when they make the appointment for an abortion (where the woman has already decided).

Yet, my main point is that the law says they aren't babies. There is more information that shows those who work with them think they are babies. That means, the law is wrong.

But remember, my main concern/outrage is that they are doing illegal things (and most people don't care, which frustrates me), which I clearly wrote out previously. Keep in mind, my discussion of morality is only to give you a perspective.

Although the fact that they are making the births be outside the woman so that they can get a full specimen, is outrageous, both morally and murder legally.

Now, your point about harming women is more serious. Are you saying that clinicians are putting patients in more physical pain than necessary, to increase chances of extracting better quality fetal tissue, without the patients consent? That would be unethical IMO, but not so if they warn the patient in advance, assuming the patients have agreed to donate the fetal tissue.

The video I was going to link to, doesn't work. But this is my post after watching it, the doctor is talking about the fact that it is easier to get tissues if the woman is relaxed and more dilated, but talks about "tolerance" of the woman impeding on how well they can do, which to me says they do push them as far as they can.

Once again they also show that they don't care about the patient. They want the patient to be awake, and relaxed, so they can get better tissue intact.... ugh.

The doctor says that their samples just don't come out as well if the woman isn't dilated enough. "You're pretty much maxed out and, that's their tolerance so sometimes it's a little bit more difficult.  And if they're completely relaxed, it's easier to not do so many passes with the forceps. So it just really varies and like I said, a lot of it depends on the dilation that was obtained."

If they're getting to the woman's pain threshold, her pain "tolerance" to try to get more tissue, intact, then they are hurting the woman on purpose, when they didn't have to.

Again, I don't see the problem with what they call the tissue, whether it's baby/human/stem cell tissue. It's not really lying because the term is just semantic, the women already know that their baby will die, and if they desire, donated to stem cell research.

But they are telling the woman that it isn't a baby. They are continuing the myth that the fetus is not a baby until it's born. They have to say this or else they'd be murdering babies. They just aren't being honest. Because if they were honest, they wouldn't be doing this, because they would realize it's murder.

The people who know they are giving away a human leg, and that they killed the baby, know they're murdering people and they do it legally. It's disgusting to me, that they don't care. The Nazis were killing people, freezing them to death, to learn how to protect people from cold temperatures. Humanity thinks that's wrong. But Planned Parenthood is killing people, and their tissues are being used to learn how to make a more flavor-able Pepsi. To me, that is worse, because it's not even to save people's lives! (and Pepsi's taste has gone downhill so it was pointless too).

Not that I think they should be killed at all, even if it helped raise people's life expectancies. Because it is still just as bad as what the Nazis were doing. Killing lives to save others.

Fair enough, you don't think that this is an "everybody wins" scenario? It seems that the labs get their cells (to advance medicine and save more lives), and the patient gets their premium care.

No, even assuming it was done legally, because the women (and fathers) are left to deal with the emotional damage, and spiritual damage. From a Christian perspective, I do believe they get demonized for doing this, whether they think they are or not. Most will never know, honestly.

Literally no-one is being victimised (apart from possibly the dead fetus, and maybe stem cell research facilities).

As I just said, from my Christian perspective, I do believe the parents are being demonized due to it also. Though I understand most will not believe that.

They want an abortion for whatever reason, and I think we should respect that.

The problem is, it's quite clear to me, that most everyone can see now that the doctors clearly believe it's a baby, and the ones buying it know they're human organs. So it's time to change the law to say that it's murder.

I want to know what these fetal body parts are being used for. If they are going to be used to find ways to help people live healthy and pain-free lives this does not bother me in the least.

I'm sure they are used for multiple things. But the fact that they had to write a law to make sure there were no baby fetus cells in our food, shows that people were ready to do that.

I also linked in this thread to the fact that the US government is making hybrid humanized mice. They also use them for vaccines, and based on the info I've read on those (not counting anything to do with fetus cells), I would never use a vaccine again, because people are getting sicker after using them. I'd say it isn't really helping whatsoever.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:23:47 AM

Killing poor lives to save rich lives? Why should anyone be bothered by this?

THE GREAT STEM-CELL-RESEARCH SCAM

MEDICAL-RESEARCH insiders know that embryonic-stem-cell technol ogy is proving a dead end — Dr. Bernadine Healy, a former director of the National Institutes of Health and once an ES-cell-research enthusiast, calls it “obsolete.” But the Obama administration has opened wide the federal funding floodgates — the triumph of a big special-interest PR and lobbying campaign.

In fact, the research will line the pockets of a relatively few individuals — at considerable cost for the rest of us, since the funding means billions that won’t go to more promising areas.

Though ES cells have long been touted as the miracle just down the road, researchers keep driving into big potholes. For starters, there’s the rejection problem: Your body naturally attacks foreign cells, even ones that might help you. So cell recipients must permanently use dangerous immunosuppressive drugs.

Further, the cells have a nasty tendency to become cancerous or to form teratomas — meaning “monster tumors.” While usually benign, these can grow larger than a football and often contain hair and teeth. Yech!

Perhaps that problem can be solved someday, but even University of Wisconsin scientist James Thomson, the creator of the first human ES-cell line, says treatments and cures could be decades away.

Conversely, adult stem cells (AS cells, meaning any naturally found stem cell not from embryos), are far more controllable (that is, easier to direct to become the desired cell type) and have thus been saving lives for decades, via (for example) bone-marrow transplants. More recently, AS cells have treated illnesses including cancers, autoimmune disease, cardiovascular disease, immunodeficiency disorders and neural degenerative diseases.

Plus, AS cells are often “self-donated” — eliminating rejection problems (though AS rejection even from outside donors has turned out to be relatively minimal).

Researchers originally found promise in ES cells mainly because they thought only ES cells could be converted into all types of mature cells. But since 2002, dozens of published studies have shown the same can be done with a vast array of AS cells.

Then, two years ago, scientists discovered how to make “induced pluripotent stem cells” from human-skin cells. These are just as flexible as embryonic ones — but, as with AS cells, have neither the health drawbacks nor the moral problems associated with the embryonic variety.

In short, other lines of inquiry are unquestionably far more promising than ES cells — yet this research will now get a big funding boost. Why?

Basically, the lobby for ES-cell research succeeded in shutting down critics (or even questions) by presenting the question as “medical progress versus pro-life politics” (as one Newsweek cover put it).

The media, observes the Genetics & Society Center, consistently squeeze all reporting into a prefab story line of “scientists hoping to save lives versus opponents of abortion rights who see destroying stem cells as equivalent to taking a life.”

And it’s a very wealthy lobby. Research funding can generate tremendous income with no treatments, because human and animal ES cells, and materials and techniques used to manipulate them, can all be patented. Licensing fees make them worth a fortune.

One holder of many important ES-cell-research patents charges $75,000 to more than $250,000 per license, plus annual payments and royalties, The Wall Street Journal reports. “They clearly see this as the goose that lays the golden egg,” an ES-cell researcher told the paper.

All this drives what wheelchair-bound medical activist Jim Kelly calls “the embryonic-research economic juggernaut.”
The lobby displayed its awesome power in 2004 when backers of California’s Proposition 71 outspent opponents by 60 to 1. The payoff: $3 billion shifted from taxpayer pockets to ES-cell researchers.

As journalist Neil Munroe has documented, researchers who cash in routinely present themselves — with enthusiastic media help — as neutral parties. Best known is Dr. Irving Weissman, director of Stanford University’s Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, a frequent critic of AS-cell research who’s made millions from ES-cell patents. In 2004, he appeared in TV commercials pleading for a “YES” vote on Prop 71 as “an MD” who “took an oath that the very highest priority was the treatment of patients.” Prop 71 now funds his institute.

California’s boondoggle has been the largest. But many states (including New Jersey, New York and Connecticut) now fund ES-cell research, and the feds — pushed by the same powerful lobby — will now spend extravagantly.

“There’s a lot of pressure to give ES researchers what they want,” says David Hess, a neurologist at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta. But “everybody is fighting over the same pie” — a dime spent on dead-end ES work is a dime unavailable for research, stem cell or otherwise, with true promise to heal the sick.

“People are dying, and they’re going to continue to die, and people are paralyzed and will continue to stay paralyzed,” says Jim Kelly, “all of them a victim of the embryonic-research economic juggernaut.”

http://nypost.com/2009/07/15/the-great-stem-cell-research-scam/

------------------------------
ES-cell research will be remembered, in the future, as the bloodletting of the 21st century...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:56:20 PM

Black Pastors Ask Smithsonian to Remove Bust of Planned Parenthood Founder

A group of black pastors sent a letter to the director of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Portrait Gallery asking that the bust of Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger be removed from the museum’s “Struggle for Justice” exhibit, citing her support for eugenics and the targeting of minorities by the nation’s largest abortion provider.

“Perhaps the Gallery is unaware that Ms. Sanger supported black eugenics, a racist attitude toward black and other minority babies, an elitist attitude toward those she regarded as ‘the feeble minded;’ speaking at a rally of Ku Klux Klan women; and communications with Hitler sympathizers,” the letter from Ministers Taking a Stand states.

“Also the notorious ‘Negro Project,’ which sought to limit, if not eliminate black births, was her brainchild,” the letter states. “Despite these well- documented facts of history, her bust sits proudly in your gallery as a hero of justice.

“The obvious incongruity is staggering!” the letter states.

The group says that Sanger should not be part of an exhibit that features the real “champions” of the civil rights movement, including Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., and Rosa Parks.

“How can a person like Sanger, who found common cause with the racial agenda of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK), be ranked among true champions of ‘justice?’” the letter states. “She was a purveyor of grave injustice against the most innocent and vulnerable among us.”

The letter states that it is the first “in a series of actions we will be taking to expose the evil of honoring Margaret Sanger and Planned Parenthood.”

The letter also notes the current scandal surrounding Planned Parenthood with the release of undercover videos showing top medical officials in the organization discussing harvesting and selling the organs and other body parts from aborted babies.

“The fact is that the behavior of these abortionists, their callous and cavalier attitude toward these babies, is completely in keeping with Sanger’s perverse vision for America,” the letter states.

The letter also states that 70 percent of Planned Parenthood abortion clinics are in minority neighborhoods and provides a link to a map documenting this fact.

In the gallery exhibit, the signage states that Sanger was a nurse who was “profoundly affected by the physical and mental toll exacted on women by frequent childbirth, miscarriage and self-induced abortion,” but it also notes her connection to eugenics.

“During her campaign, Sanger became associated with the eugenics movement – which promoted, among other practices, the forced sterilization of those deemed mentally unfit and for a time was endorsed by many of the era’s prominent thinkers,” the signage states.

The description of Sanger on the gallery’s website also notes her eugenics-supporting history.

“Adding to her life of controversy is her association with the eugenics movement – which included promotion of forced sterilization for those deemed mentally unfit – a movement that for a time was endorsed by many of the era’s prominent thinkers,” the online text states.

The letter from Ministers Taking a Stand refers to a letter Sanger sent to Dr. C.J. Gamble of the Eugenics Society in 1939.

“The ministers work is also important and also he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach,” Sanger wrote. “We do not want word to get out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out the idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.”

In a paper entitled “Eugenic Value of Birth Control Propaganda” written by Sanger in 1921, she praises eugenics as “the most adequate and thorough avenue to the solution of racial, political and social problems.”

She then explains the role birth control plays in eugenics.

“The eugenic and civilizational (sic) value of birth control is becoming apparent to the enlightened and the intelligent,” Sanger wrote.

The basis of birth control propaganda, Sanger said, “indicate that the campaign for birth control is not merely of eugenic value, but is practically identical in ideal with the final aims of eugenics,” Sanger wrote.

In her book “The Pivot of Civilization,” Sanger wrote extensively about eugenics, including in Chapter 18, “Dangers of Cradle Competition.”

“We should not minimize the great outstanding service of Eugenics for critical and diagnostic investigations,” Sanger wrote. “It demonstrates, not in terms of glittering generalization but in statistical studies of investigations reduced to measurement and number, that uncontrolled fertility is universally correlated with disease, poverty, overcrowding and the transmission of hereditable taints.”

The letter is signed by Bishop E.W. Jackson, MTS founder and president and bishop THE CALLED Church; Pastor Cecil Blye, Jr., MTS President Kentucky and senior pastor, More Grace Ministries; Pastor Iverson Jackson, MTS state President Arkansas and senior pastor, Zoe Bible Church; Apostle Stanley Jacobs, MTS State President Delaware and senior pastor, Greater Works Ministry; Pastor Marlin Sharp, MTS president Tidewater Virginia and senior pastor, Landstown Community Church; Dr. Leon Threatt, MTS president North Carolina and senior pastor, Joy Christian Fellowship; Pastor Garfield Williams, MTS President Maryland and senior pastor, Kingdom Equippers Ministries; Rev. Steven L. Craft, MTS president New York/New Jersey and executive director Christian Citizenship Ministries; Dr. Melvin Johnson, MTS state president Texas and Heart of Christ Community Church; and Pastor Michael Smith, MTS President southwest Virginia and senior pastor Mountain View Union Church.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/black-pastors-ask-smithsonian-remove-bust-planned-parenthood-founder

cmthompson22

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:46:53 AM

Absolutely nothing will happen from this because the government wants this to keep happening. In any country with morals, we would not let this be happening. We would not have socially acceptable ways in order to kill children much less a system in place that allows those doing the killing to sell the body parts and make more money under the table. Through all of history, you were valued if you could produce heirs to your husband and your family. Now we think that they are ruining our lives and making things harder.

Life is hard. Even if you were not expecting the baby, that is life. It is not just your body, but the body of a baby you are making a decision for. You hate when the government forces you to pay taxes, get health insurance, or do other things in your life. But you will turn around and kill an unborn baby and think nothing of it because this is your life. And I hate hearing the word fetus! The only difference between a fetus and a baby is that the fetus is still inside the mothers stomach and finishing the pregnancy and a baby is outside the womb and can be cuddled with.

You think that a fetus is not a baby? That until the baby is born they are not human and can be killed to fit your needs. I have a cousin who was born in her second trimester, a time when Planned Parenthood is more than willing to kill off babies. This little one is not almost two years old. So you are telling me she was not human when she was born?

Give the baby to adoption, take care of them yourself, do anything but give them to the hands of Planned Parenthood where they will be killed and sold off. Its sick we treat the babies worse than we do animals in this country.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:49:56 AM

Absolutely nothing will happen from this because the government wants this to keep happening. In any country with morals, we would not let this be happening. We would not have socially acceptable ways in order to kill children much less a system in place that allows those doing the killing to sell the body parts and make more money under the table. Through all of history, you were valued if you could produce heirs to your husband and your family. Now we think that they are ruining our lives and making things harder.

Life is hard. Even if you were not expecting the baby, that is life. It is not just your body, but the body of a baby you are making a decision for. You hate when the government forces you to pay taxes, get health insurance, or do other things in your life. But you will turn around and kill an unborn baby and think nothing of it because this is your life. And I hate hearing the word fetus! The only difference between a fetus and a baby is that the fetus is still inside the mothers stomach and finishing the pregnancy and a baby is outside the womb and can be cuddled with.

You think that a fetus is not a baby? That until the baby is born they are not human and can be killed to fit your needs. I have a cousin who was born in her second trimester, a time when Planned Parenthood is more than willing to kill off babies. This little one is not almost two years old. So you are telling me she was not human when she was born?

Give the baby to adoption, take care of them yourself, do anything but give them to the hands of Planned Parenthood where they will be killed and sold off. Its sick we treat the babies worse than we do animals in this country.

Totally agree.

Like I said, those who say the tissue can be used for research and further lives, are making the same argument that Nazis did when they froze people to death to learn how to save others from cold temperatures.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:05:18 AM

Totally agree.

Like I said, those who say the tissue can be used for research and further lives, are making the same argument that Nazis did when they froze people to death to learn how to save others from cold temperatures.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:41:02 PM

New Planned Parenthood video: Organs harvested without informed consent

The Center for Medical Progress has a new video out this morning, and this one focuses on issues of consent. Holly O’Donnell, a former StemExpress procurement technician, discusses the industrial process of abortions and the lack of care shown to the patients. More problematic for Planned Parenthood, O’Donnell explains that she has witnessed clinics not getting consent before harvesting blood and organs, despite the organization’s insistence that women are fully informed before procuring human organs and tissues from their abortions:

This video does not include the graphic images of the previous videos, but instead is a more traditional interview format with a whistleblowing ex-employee. In this video, O’Donnell describes how she became disillusioned with both the abortion industry and the procurement of organs and tissues from it. She describes one doctor as particularly uncaring, pacing in the hallways when patients weren’t prepared for him and rushing through the procedures without much regard for them.

It’s the consent issues that will matter most, though. O’Donnell describes a pressure situation on procurement technicians to get as many opportunities for harvesting as possible, and that leads to shortcuts on consent or even informing the patients at all. The video shows a “gestation tracking log” in which technicians are expected to track all abortions by their stage, and how many consents they got signed from them. “The environment is morbid,” O’Donnell tells CMP. “You can feel it.”

That pressure ends up pushing technicians to get blood and organs even when the women expressly forbid it. In one case O’Donnell recalls, a late-term mother refused consent, which O’Donnell explained to the other technician. “You have to make sure you get her,” O’Donnell’s colleague told her, but O’Donnell said she had refused consent. That didn’t stop the technician, however. “If there was a higher gestation, and the technicians needed it, there were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”

As CMP states in its release, Planned Parenthood tightly integrates this process with StemExpress:

According to O’Donnell, Planned Parenthood gave StemExpress workers access to patient records and schedules so that the harvesting company could plan for the days when patient “supply” would be greatest. “They give you a sheet, and it’s everybody for that day, who’s coming in for an ultrasound, who’s coming in for an abortion, medical or a late-term abortion,” O’Donnell explains. Even patients just seeking a pregnancy test at Planned Parenthood were considered part of the supply: “Pregnancy tests are potential pregnancies, therefore potential specimens. So it’s just taking advantage of the opportunities.”

O’Donnell has no illusions about what the abortion-organ harvesting industry is all about. “I’m not going to tell a girl to kill her baby just to get money,” she says, “and that’s what this company does. Straight up. That’s what this company does.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/12/new-planned-parenthood-video-organs-harvested-without-informed-consent/

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 11:25:53 AM

U.S. warns states against defunding Planned Parenthood

By Megan Cassella

" WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. government has warned states moving to defund women's health group Planned Parenthood that they may be in conflict with federal law, officials said on Wednesday.

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, a federal agency, was in contact with officials in Louisiana and Alabama this month, said a spokesperson for the agency's parent, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

The agency warned those two states that their plans to terminate Medicaid provider agreements with Planned Parenthood may illegally restrict beneficiary access to services, the spokesperson said in a statement....."

" Federal law requires state Medicaid programs to cover family-planning services and supplies for anyone of child-bearing age. Ending the agreements with Planned Parenthood would limit beneficiaries' access to care and services from qualified providers of their choice, according to HHS.

Medicaid is a U.S. government healthcare program for the poor; Medicare is for the aged and disabled...."

Isn't this was Obamacare is all about? I think it's time to cut ties with Planned Parenthood, and allow people to get the services that they used to cover through Obamacare if it wasn't already.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:18:43 PM

U.S. warns states against defunding Planned Parenthood

By Megan Cassella

" WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. government has warned states moving to defund women's health group Planned Parenthood that they may be in conflict with federal law, officials said on Wednesday.

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, a federal agency, was in contact with officials in Louisiana and Alabama this month, said a spokesperson for the agency's parent, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

The agency warned those two states that their plans to terminate Medicaid provider agreements with Planned Parenthood may illegally restrict beneficiary access to services, the spokesperson said in a statement....."

" Federal law requires state Medicaid programs to cover family-planning services and supplies for anyone of child-bearing age. Ending the agreements with Planned Parenthood would limit beneficiaries' access to care and services from qualified providers of their choice, according to HHS.

Medicaid is a U.S. government healthcare program for the poor; Medicare is for the aged and disabled...."

Isn't this was Obamacare is all about? I think it's time to cut ties with Planned Parenthood, and allow people to get the services that they used to cover through Obamacare if it wasn't already.

That is why it is vital for the next president NOT to be a democrat.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:52:56 AM

Wisconsin Profs Beg Legislature Not To Cut Off Their Access To Fetal Parts

A coalition of professors in the state of Wisconsin are petitioning the state legislature not to pass a bill that would ban trafficking in fetal parts.

Assembly Bill 305, currently being debated by lawmakers, would ban the sale, use, or donation of fetal body parts for experimentation. The bill was introduced in response to a series of videos put out by the Center for Medical Progress which allegedly show Planned Parenthood officials discussing the sale of fetal parts for profits

Now, PROFS, an organization representing University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW-Madison) faculty, claims the bill would essentially ban important medical research occurring at the school.

“PROFS has consistently opposed legislation that limits potentially life-saving research on campus,” said PROFS president Judith Burstyn, a UW chemistry professor. “UW-Madison is an international leader in stem cell research, and this legislation could bring that research to a devastating halt.”

http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/12/wisconsin-profs-beg-legislature-not-to-cut-off-their-access-to-fetal-parts/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:51:45 PM

“God Bless You! I hope you live long on the backs of dead fetuses!”

bitcollins85

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:55:03 PM

These babies are not being aborted for medical experiments. They're owners (the mother) likely doesn't even get a discount for agreeing to donate--yeah, she said in the video the mother has to agree to donate.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 08:39:03 PM

Tissue Company Breaks Ties with Planned Parenthood After Harvesting Videos

StemExpress, one of the tissue companies that works with Planned Parenthood, is cutting its ties with the women’s health organization after a series of sting videos that have prompted congressional inquiries, sources tell POLITICO.

The small biomedical tissue procurement company is distancing itself from Planned Parenthood after finding itself tangentially linked to what abortion opponents allege is Planned Parenthood’s illegal trafficking of fetal tissue and organs.

Both StemExpress and Planned Parenthood have denied doing anything illegal or improper. They say that they only facilitated the donation of tissue for medical research with a patient’s consent.

StemExpress, a five-year-old company based in Placerville, Calif., notified Planned Parenthood and Congress Friday of its decision to end the relationship, the source said. The House Energy and Commerce and the Senate Judiciary committees had asked StemExpress to explain its relationship with Planned Parenthood.

StemExpress worked inside several Northern California Planned Parenthood clinics. Typically, after a patient told a Planned Parenthood physician that she was going to have an abortion, a StemExpress technician would ask for consent to obtain the fetal tissue. If consent was granted, the technician would then facilitate and process the donation of the tissue for StemExpress.

In two of the six videos released to date, former StemExpress technician Holly O’Donnell claims that she once saw another technician appear to obtain fetal tissue without a patient’s consent. StemExpress “unequivocally” denied the claim.

In July, a court at StemExpress’s request issued a temporary restraining order prohibiting the Center for Medical Research, the anti-abortion group that made the videos, from releasing any secretly recorded video of the company’s employees. StemExpress lawyers said the group violated California’s anti-wiretapping laws.

StemExpress worked with Planned Parenthood only in Northern California. The undercover videos also showed people discussing what it alleges are illegal tissue sales practices by Planned Parenthood in other locations.

The furor that erupted when the first video was released last month shows no sign of abating. The Center for Medical Progress’s David Daleiden has said that he has enough videotape material to release about 12 films in total. Republicans on Capitol Hill have suggested that they want to hold hearings, and more congressional attempts to defund Planned Parenthood are likely after the August recess. The 2016 Republican presidential field has voiced strong support for defunding, too.

Planned Parenthood did not immediately respond to a request for comment Friday afternoon.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/planned-parenthood-fetal-tissue-company-cuts-ties-videos-121371.html#ixzz3iowGwSEm

----------------------------------------------
"Today was a good day..." Cool

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 09:22:43 PM

Center for Medical Progress May Win Abortion-Related Prior Restraint Fight In Los Angeles

StemExpress’ initial success now appears unlikely to continue. CMP has filed a well-drafted anti-SLAPP motion attacking the StemExpress complaint. I’ve explained how anti-SLAPP motions work before. If you’re being sued for speech, and you believe the speech is protected, you can file the motion, lay the factual framework for the speech being protected, and force the plaintiff to come forward with admissible evidence showing it could plausibly succeed on its claims. Moreover, an anti-SLAPP motion halts discovery absent a special order of the court.

StemExpress had demanded early expedited discovery into the case; that request was thwarted by CMP’s anti-SLAPP motion. So they appealed to the court under part of the anti-SLAPP statute for special discovery — an exception to the general rule that discovery is stayed when the motion is filed. They wanted, for instance, to gather evidence that would help them transform their brief temporary restraining order into a longer-lived preliminary injunction, which requires more proof.

The L.A. County Superior Court’s decision does not bode well for their project. In what appears to be a tentative ruling, the court refuses their special discovery request, saying they have not shown adequate cause. More specifically, the court suggests there’s no need for discovery in support of a preliminary injunction the court is not inclined to award:

Plaintiff does not persuade the Court that the discovery it seeks is necessary to obtain the preliminary injunction. That is because it appears unlikely that the Court is going to grant the preliminary injunction. The injunction Plaintiff seeks would prevent Defendants from disseminating the videotapes. First, this proposed injunction would constitute a prior restraint on the Defendants’ rights under the First Amendment and the parallel protections under the California Constitution. US Const. Amend. I; Cal. Const. Art. 1, § 2. Therefore, it is unlikely that the preliminary injunction will ultimately be granted.

Yes, it appears that the court has been awakened to the prior restraint implications of prohibiting distribution of a video.

http://popehat.com/2015/08/13/center-for-medical-progress-may-win-abortion-related-prior-restraint-fight-in-los-angeles/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:22:04 PM

July 29, 2015 - ( Fox News - The Five ) - Greg Gutfeld was excellent on The Five today as he destroyed the arguments that liberals like Julie Roginsky make in favor of harvesting aborted baby parts. His main point was that they argue on one hand that it’s not a baby, that it’s just a clump of cells and it’s garbage. But when it comes to harvesting these baby parts for medical research, all of sudden it’s not garbage, but rather something valuable and necessary. Julie Roginsky tries to counter him, but ends up making his point at the end. And while she wouldn’t cede defeat to Gutfeld, Kimberly Guilfoyle chimes in, rendering judgment. But you’ll have to watch to see what she says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZJJaONji9Y

Exactly the point some here are defending: whole living baby= garbage. Baby body parts = precious commodity for sale.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 03:25:39 PM

Arkansas and Utah defund Planned Parenthood over aborted baby parts scandal

WASHINGTON, D.C., August 17, 2015 (LifeSiteNews) — Two more states have defunded Planned Parenthood in light of videos showing the organization is engaged in the illegal sale of body parts from aborted babies.

On Friday, Utah Gov. Gary Herbert said that “allegations against Planned Parenthood are deeply troubling,” and ordered his state’s Department of Health to stop sending federal funds to Planned Parenthood.

Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson likewise said his state was ending Medicaid contracts with Planned Parenthood. “It is apparent that after the recent revelations on the actions of Planned Parenthood, that this organization does not represent the values of the people of our state and Arkansas is better served by terminating any and all existing contracts with them,” Hutchinson said in a statement.

More than $400 million of Planned Parenthood’s over $500 million in public funding comes from Medicaid and other programs that combine state and federal funds.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-arkansas-and-utah-defund-planned-parenthood-over-aborted-baby-part

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:08:43 PM

New CMP video: “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating”

The Center for Medical Progress has just released a new video this morning, which continues its in-depth interview with former StemExpress procurement technician Holly O’Donnell. In this video, O’Donnell describes how she saw her supervisor tap the chest of “the most gestated fetus” O’Donnell had yet seen in her work — and the heart started beating. Nonetheless, the child was killed and dissected. In another case, O’Donnell describes being instructed to extract a brain through the face of a cadaver. “I can’t even describe what that feels like,” O’Donnell says.

Note: There are disturbing images in this video.

The series focuses on the personal narrative of Holly O’Donnell, a former Blood and Tissue Procurement Technician for StemExpress, a biotech start-up that until last week was partnered with two large northern California Planned Parenthood affiliates to purchase their aborted fetus parts and resell them for scientific experimentation.

O’Donnell describes the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘I want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”

The San Jose Planned Parenthood does abortions up to 20 weeks of pregnancy. Referring to the beating heart of the aborted fetus, O’Donnell remarks, “I don’t know if that constitutes it’s technically dead, or it’s alive.”

State and federal law require that the same treatment be given to an infant born-alive after an abortion as to a normally delivered baby (1 U.S.C. 8, CA Health and Safety Code 123435). California law also prohibits any kind of experimentation on a fetus with a discernible heartbeat (CA Health and Safety Code 123440). StemExpress has been cited in published scientific literature as a source of fetal hearts used for Langendorff perfusion, which keeps a heart beating after it is excised from the body[.]

O’Donnell also tells how her StemExpress supervisor instructed her to cut through the face of the fetus in order to get the brain. “I can’t even describe what that feels like,” she says.

This is not just O’Donnell’s imagination. CMP’s investigators also get the executive director of Novogenix Laboratories, Dr. Ben van Handel, to acknowledge that “there are times when after the procedure [abortion] is done that the heart is still beating.” Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Deborah Nucatola says during the wine-and-salad lunch that abortionists use digoxin to kill fetuses in order to avoid violating the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, but digoxin renders the tissue useless for researchers. To get the value of the tissue, the fetuses cannot be poisoned — and as a result, live babies result in many cases.

Toward the end, O’Donnell relates another heartbreaking story of a dissected child, and the need to dispose of him. The body was too large to fit into the container, got stuck, and O’Donnell had to work it into the medical-waste disposal bag. “It was really hard knowing that you’re the only person who’s ever going to hold that baby.”

Abortion kills babies, but sometimes abortion isn’t enough to finish the job. These clinics are killing children born alive from these procedures, simply to harvest their organs. That violates the federal BAIPA law. Will the Department of Justice enforce it?

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/19/new-cmp-video-and-she-just-taps-the-heart-and-it-starts-beating/

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:28:01 PM

Video: Abortion Facts #1: When Does Life Begin?

Princeton's answer
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: