Bitcoin Forum
March 26, 2017, 05:37:19 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error message when closing Bitcoin  (Read 870 times)
bitlotto

Activity: 672

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2011, 03:50:21 AM

Bitcoin 0.3.21 with Ubuntu 10.10
When I close it from terminal I get:

UNKNOWN EXCEPTION       
bitcoin in CMyApp::OnUnhandledException()       

ERROR:poa.c:1028:ORBit_POA_activate_object_T: assertion failed: ((poa->life_flags & ORBit_LifeF_DeactivateDo) == 0)
Aborted

It doesn't really seem to have any effect with what I'm doing but thought I'd mention it just in case...

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
todu

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:58:25 PM

I'm getting a similar error message when I exit my bitcoin client:

Code:
UNKNOWN EXCEPTION      
bitcoin in CMyApp::OnUnhandledException()

I don't receive the rest of your error message, and nothing seems to have stopped working. Is it safe to ignore this message? I'm running the Bitcoin 0.3.23-beta client on a Ubuntu 11.04 with Gnome 3 (Unity doesn't work well with Virtualbox right now) Virtualbox guest on a Ubuntu 11.04 host.
gigabytecoin

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 11:15:01 PM

I have noticed similar errors before.

It could have been caused by shutting down the machine wile it was still updating the blockchain or updating any number of other files I believe.

You could try removing all of your blkindex.dat files and re-downloading the block chain. Couldn't hurt.
todu

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 11:19:20 PM

It could have been caused by shutting down the machine wile it was still updating the blockchain or updating any number of other files I believe.

You could try removing all of your blkindex.dat files and re-downloading the block chain. Couldn't hurt.

Yes, I had to shutdown (somewhat) disgracefully yesterday because I assigned too little ram for my virtualbox guest and it halted. On another bitcoin client that I'm not running on this virtualbox client, I'm not getting this error message, so I presume you're right. Thanks!
gigabytecoin

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 12:07:24 AM

Yes, I had to shutdown (somewhat) disgracefully yesterday because I assigned too little ram for my virtualbox guest and it halted. On another bitcoin client that I'm not running on this virtualbox client, I'm not getting this error message, so I presume you're right. Thanks!

Yes the dreaded hard-shut-down seems to wreak havoc on Bitcoin for whichever reason I am not sure.

Good luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.