Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 10:29:24 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to mine with different hardware with only one set of command line parameters  (Read 424 times)
loki292 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 05:13:40 PM

Hi guys, I own a cybercafe with 65 computers, with very different configurations.

Some have AMD GPUs, others, Nvidia, others none.

So what I want it to make a good use of those machines. I'd like to mine with them using a good miner when the PCs are idle (I don't want my clients losing frames on online games or slowing down they browsing).

The thing is that I don't have the time or the will to set particular parameters depending on hardware for all these PCs.

Has anyone done this before? I've looked into doing this with Poclbm, which I've used in my personal gaming PC with very good results.

I'd like to mine with CPU & GPU at the same time, in order to use both resources where available or use at least CPU when no usable GPU is installed.

So I believe I could start 2 instances of poclbm.exe, one with the "d0", the other with the "d1" parameter.

Regarding the user experience, does parameter "-f FRAMES" control the frames the GPU will show  only or will it throttle down CPU usage when the user is demanding more?

Basically, will using a "-f 60" parameter provide a good overall user experience, both at desktop and gaming or do I need to do something else?

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: