Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:05:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safety of Bitcoinfuture?  (Read 828 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 06:40:53 PM

Hello,

what do you think about the future of bitcoin? I mean when currencies crash bitcoin could be a big help for the people. And would raise in value very much.

But what would happen when some governments, or even more than one, decides to fight this? Block websites, block bitcointraffic or disturb it and go after persons that use it? Bitcoin would fall in value for sure. But would it live on without problems? Is it impossible to kill?

How about they target the wallet developer? Force them to do something to the wallet and make an forced update.

Is bitcoin somewhat immune to that? Maybe simply use foreign proxies and no one can do anything against?

What do you think? How strong is bitcoin against attacks? 51% attack could be a problem then too maybe when they crack down the big miner and use their hardware or something.

I only want to hear what you think how strong bitcoins are against any kind of government attacks.

Thanks!

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 07:18:18 PM

Hello,

what do you think about the future of bitcoin? I mean when currencies crash bitcoin could be a big help for the people. And would raise in value very much.

Exact

But what would happen when some governments, or even more than one, decides to fight this? Block websites, block bitcointraffic or disturb it and go after persons that use it? Bitcoin would fall in value for sure. But would it live on without problems? Is it impossible to kill?

Trying to fight bitcoin is quite futile because:

1 - It is international
2 - People who doesn't like the actual monetary system or simply don't care about what the government thinks will always use bitcoin for it properties (including the black market).

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 07:23:10 PM

So you mean it can drop in value because most people dont want to use it anymore but it cant be killed?
Is it possible to scramble, hide or encrypt the traffic so that no one knows what protocol is speaking? If so random ports would be needed too i think. And one would need to use a proxy when he dont want to be nailed down fast.

On the other hand... what to do with the money? Transactions should be done in hidden then. So that no one knows that one paid at this or that website with bitcoins...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: