Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:13:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: two new ant S5 not working  (Read 1036 times)
JENGAbro (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:12:47 PM

my hardware version is x.x.x.x
and it doesn't want to instal the firmware that fixes the problem with minerlink
it says the magic tar is short
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:17:15 PM

my hardware version is x.x.x.x
and it doesn't want to instal the firmware that fixes the problem with minerlink
it says the magic tar is short

Are you sure your using a S5 firmware?  It should be pretty simple to install.

Here is a guide showing how ignore the firmware it say's it is old on that  - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203559969-My-S5-hashes-at-about-600GH-S
JENGAbro (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:21:31 PM

i have installed that yes ... several times the other firmware that indicates it fixes something with miner link i can't get to work
it might be a format error but I'm  new to macs so i really am not sure .. been going at it all day
the S5-20150415.tar is the one that isn't working
really i do appreciate the help ... its been a long day

it might be I'm using a hotspot and an extender as internet ??

what is the minerlink supposed to do anyway
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:05:47 PM

i have installed that yes ... several times the other firmware that indicates it fixes something with miner link i can't get to work
it might be a format error but I'm  new to macs so i really am not sure .. been going at it all day
the S5-20150415.tar is the one that isn't working
really i do appreciate the help ... its been a long day

it might be I'm using a hotspot and an extender as internet ??

what is the minerlink supposed to do anyway

Flashing firmware is not something you want to do on a hotspot and extender.  One wrong flash and it's dead controller.

I highly suggest hooking up to Ethernet during this to eliminate chance of wireless problems during.   Also it would be interesting to see what it does connected straight to router instead of through the extra gear.

If you get it on ethernet try to ping a site and see if it seems to have a connection.
gablay12
Legendary

Activity: 918

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 09:11:32 PM

What if the controller is dead?Where can we find spare controllers, boards, etc?Is there any source or members you recommend?

The more I meet people, the more I like my dog.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 05:32:48 AM

What if the controller is dead?Where can we find spare controllers, boards, etc?Is there any source or members you recommend?

S3's can easily be revived using usb to serial connection.  I would contact bitmain - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Ask them if there is a easy way to revive S5 controllers.  If not then ask if they are selling S5 boards.
gablay12
Legendary

Activity: 918

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 08:22:22 PM

If you can not access to a miner (S5), but miner seems to work with blinking green light.What may reason this and how can I fix it?

The more I meet people, the more I like my dog.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: