Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:05:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are some secure hosting options for sites that deal with Bitcoin?  (Read 570 times)
c789 (OP)

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:31:04 PM

With all of the theft of bitcoins (a huge theft recently occured at a certain VPS provider, and it is suspected to have been an inside job), how can I securely host a website that deals with BTC transactions?

• A VPS is accessible to the admins, and they could get away with BTC theft fairly easily
  • A home-based server is not really an option for me due to my ISP not allowing it, as well as power and internet outages from time to time
  • Colocated dedicated servers are somewhat expensive, and there is still the risk of BTC theft by an admin

The best option I can think of that is a compromise between security and cost is to host the site on a VPS and transfer BTC to a cold offsite wallet on a daily basis (or more frequently).

Any better ideas?

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
shamoons

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 01:03:34 AM

An offline wallet can receive transactions and never be exposed. Then when your hot wallet needs bitcoins, manually send them. So the most you can ever lose is what's in your hot wallet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: