Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:29:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AppleByte is changing its name to ArtByte  (Read 602 times)
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 03:36:38 PM

Over the next few weeks AppleByte, the digital currency supporting artists will be changing its name to ArtByte.

We feel the new name better describes our worldwide purpose, and in fact we bought the domain names for ArtByte when we launched AppleByte.

AppleByte is headquartered in NYC. The name AppleByte was a play on the old saying, "Come to New York and take a bite out of the Big Apple". However, AppleByte has grown considerably and has artists around the world, with a social media following of over 78,000 users. Outside the US, the meaning of the name AppleByte is not as clear.

Additionally, although the name AppleByte is trademark pending, we believe our music download site (currently named the AppleByte Music Store) is a potential conflict with Apple Inc.'s new music streaming site titled, Apple Music.

The trading symbol "ABY" will remain the same.

AppleByte/ArtByte (ABY) is traded on Poloniex and Bittrex

Details on AppleByte/ArtByte
Announce Thread: Announce Thread
Facebook: AppleByteMe FB Page
Twitter: AppleByteMe Twitter

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
okbit

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 12:58:08 PM

I personally like the name AppleByte. But I understand the need for the change, and ArtByte is more descriptive.
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 06:54:30 PM

Update on the name change

Some of our sites have been converted to the new name, ArtByte. Some are still in process. Only the name has changed, the trading symbol remains the same. Your wallets do not need to be upgraded.

Bittrex and Coingecko have changed the name to ArtByte.

All our sites can be reached via the links applebyte.me or artbyte.me.

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
CoinThug

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:16:23 PM

Over the next few weeks AppleByte, the digital currency supporting artists will be changing its name to ArtByte.

We feel the new name better describes our worldwide purpose, and in fact we bought the domain names for ArtByte when we launched AppleByte.

AppleByte is headquartered in NYC. The name AppleByte was a play on the old saying, "Come to New York and take a bite out of the Big Apple". However, AppleByte has grown considerably and has artists around the world, with a social media following of over 78,000 users. Outside the US, the meaning of the name AppleByte is not as clear.

Additionally, although the name AppleByte is trademark pending, we believe our music download site (currently named the AppleByte Music Store) is a potential conflict with Apple Inc.'s new music streaming site titled, Apple Music.

The trading symbol "ABY" will remain the same.

AppleByte/ArtByte (ABY) is traded on Poloniex and Bittrex

Details on AppleByte/ArtByte
Announce Thread: Announce Thread
Facebook: AppleByteMe FB Page
Twitter: AppleByteMe Twitter
I actually like AppleByte. Its something new and different. I hope in the near future they can make a difference and climb higher up
uniton

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:28:55 PM

honestly i personally like Applebyte more than Artbyte, i love its logo when was Apllebyte
but its not problem as long as their have a good puprpose
i still love it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: