Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:59:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: <nefario> [Pirate assets] are not listed or traded anymore  (Read 4759 times)
guruvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 08:23:41 PM

Personally, I think that trading in defaulted assets should have been halted from the outset but sooner or later the Bitcoin world is going to need to come to grips with the concept of "sophisticated investors" and offer certain investments only to those who can meet certain income/asset benchmarks.  Of course this requires verifying people's real life financial information so it's likely to be unpopular with many.  And people are still going to create pass-throughs to high risk offerings, but it's a step towards making those who promote high risk investments more accountable.

So you are saying that rich people are somehow better than poor people? That having a certain amount of money should allow you more freedom than people with less money? And who is to say where the cutoff is?

He is just a romanian pedophile.
WTFBBQSAUCE.  Where did that come from?

Check this out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102333.0
Go to the boys side of the website to see guruvan in action Cheesy.

I'll make sure to repost in your threads so your investors can see what you do with your time. You seem to spend an inordinate about of time researching your favorite topic of pedophilia. I'm pretty sure someone should report your ass to the feds you perv. I think I might just do it today. CP freak.

ciuciu
Donator

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 08:25:29 PM

Personally, I think that trading in defaulted assets should have been halted from the outset but sooner or later the Bitcoin world is going to need to come to grips with the concept of "sophisticated investors" and offer certain investments only to those who can meet certain income/asset benchmarks.  Of course this requires verifying people's real life financial information so it's likely to be unpopular with many.  And people are still going to create pass-throughs to high risk offerings, but it's a step towards making those who promote high risk investments more accountable.

So you are saying that rich people are somehow better than poor people? That having a certain amount of money should allow you more freedom than people with less money? And who is to say where the cutoff is?

He is just a romanian pedophile.
WTFBBQSAUCE.  Where did that come from?

Check this out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102333.0
Go to the boys side of the website to see guruvan in action Cheesy.

I'll make sure to repost in your threads so your investors can see what you do with your time. You seem to spend an inordinate about of time researching your favorite topic of pedophilia. I'm pretty sure someone should report your ass to the feds you perv. I think I might just do it today. CP freak.

It is Mircea's website, and he is paying you. Do not worry, I already reported him.
More of your stupid arguments?

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 08:27:19 PM

I am not a fan of having to have accredited investors, in the typical legal sense. I like the MPEx way of weeding people out, though. Some technical skill/determination & a few coins. I'm also not a fan off verifying my financial information. It just irritates me every time. If I had to be an accredited investor to trade in what I do trade in now, I couldn't do it. That's a huge attraction for me for bitcoin. Most people shouldn't do such things, but I'm not a fan of having to have the government protect you from your own dumb ass.(maybe I'm a fan of it protecting you from some other dumbass...but not yourself - you do that, or you put the finger on the stove and get burned.)  

Okay so how can one legally have a sketchy-assets market?

My thinking had been to go the way EVE Online did: have it all be clearly part of a game, set in a different world...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 08:32:51 PM

Typically, they move off major exchanges and onto sketchier ones, or to OTC, but trade they do. (and make lots of money doing it, I might add...thus why I was a little miffed when these stopped trading....I made my rent trading ppt bonds back & forth this month. Would have been nice to not have that flow stopped - though pirate's message re: the 12th kinda killed the market)

No-one's suggesting that people shouldn't be able to trade defaulted assets, but that trading needs to happen in a high risk environment where the responsibility for due diligence rests entirely on the investor.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 05:56:56 AM

I am not a fan of having to have accredited investors, in the typical legal sense. I like the MPEx way of weeding people out, though. Some technical skill/determination & a few coins. I'm also not a fan off verifying my financial information. It just irritates me every time. If I had to be an accredited investor to trade in what I do trade in now, I couldn't do it. That's a huge attraction for me for bitcoin. Most people shouldn't do such things, but I'm not a fan of having to have the government protect you from your own dumb ass.(maybe I'm a fan of it protecting you from some other dumbass...but not yourself - you do that, or you put the finger on the stove and get burned.)  

Okay so how can one legally have a sketchy-assets market?

My thinking had been to go the way EVE Online did: have it all be clearly part of a game, set in a different world...

-MarkM-

People seem to think glbse should list both pot farms and the same companies that list on a regulated stock exchange.

It obviously has to be behind tor like silk road is. I dont understand why no one has setup a tor stock exchange and people can list their damn pot farm or ponzi scheme if they want.

The question is why hasnt someone done this instead of whinging about glbse taking the ball and trying to run a "legitimate" site ?

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 06:12:32 AM

There are various Open Transactions servers that are waiting for tor/socks proxy support in open transactions so they can use a .onion address in their server-contract without users having to hack their hosts file to make .onion addresses map to localhost and set up tor tunnel locally to make designated port go to their tor proxy port type of stuff.

In fact some folks run Truledger for now simply because it does have proxy support; but, it lacks markets (offer matching) so they are eager to migrate to Open Transactions just as soon as Tor support is in it...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
pyrkne

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 07:49:34 AM

There are various Open Transactions servers that are waiting for tor/socks proxy support in open transactions so they can use a .onion address in their server-contract without users having to hack their hosts file to make .onion addresses map to localhost and set up tor tunnel locally to make designated port go to their tor proxy port type of stuff.

In fact some folks run Truledger for now simply because it does have proxy support; but, it lacks markets (offer matching) so they are eager to migrate to Open Transactions just as soon as Tor support is in it...

-MarkM-

I got a tor headache just reading the first part of your post.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 11:17:21 AM

Yes, exactly, imagine the number of potheads who do all that just to buy shares of a grow op when they can so much easier just buy the end product on Silk Road. Smiley

-MarkM-

pyrkne

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 08:00:44 PM

Yes, exactly, imagine the number of potheads who do all that just to buy shares of a grow op when they can so much easier just buy the end product on Silk Road. Smiley

-MarkM-

To be fair to pot grow ops, they are becoming an increasingly-legitimate type of business. Source: I have friends (and family) in "the business."

Obviously they are steeped in legal issues far and beyond those which concern most businesses. But since we're on the topic, you made me realize how they're actually lower-risk than a lot of these "schemes."
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: