Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:48:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardly Any Women Regret Having an Abortion, a New Study Finds  (Read 866 times)
Beliathon (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 07:18:42 PM

http://time.com/3956781/women-abortion-regret-reproductive-health/

The conclusion comes after a three-year research period involving nearly 670 women of all social backgrounds

Ninety-five percent of women who have had abortions do not regret the decision to terminate their pregnancies, according to a study published last week in the multidisciplinary academic journal PLOS ONE.

The study was carried out by researchers from the Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health at UC San Francisco’s School of Medicine, and from the university’s division of biostatistics.

Its conclusions come after a three-year research period in which nearly 670 women were regularly surveyed on the subject of their abortions. The sample group was diverse with regard to standard social metrics (race, education, and employment) and on the matter of what the study calls pregnancy and abortion circumstances. Financial considerations were given as the reasons for an abortion by 40 percent of women; 36 percent had decided it was “not the right time;” 26 percent of women found the decision very or somewhat easy; 53 percent found it very or somewhat difficult.

The authors of the study concluded that the “overwhelming majority” of the women participating in the study felt that abortion had been the right decision “both in the short-term and over three years.”

These results offer a statistical retort to the claim that women who have abortions suffer emotionally as a result, as anti-abortion campaigners claim. Previous studies cited in support of this claim, researchers said, “suffer from shortcomings, leaving the question of women’s post-abortion emotions unresolved.”

The new study is careful to avoid generalities. It discerns between having lingering emotions after an abortion and regretting the abortion altogether — two distinct responses that pro-lifers tend to conflate — and concludes that post-abortion emotional reactions are normal, but almost inevitably taper over time, and that ultimately, very few women altogether regret terminating their pregnancies.

“Certainly, experiencing feelings of guilt or regret in the short-term after an abortion is not a mental health problem; in fact, such emotions are a normal part of making a life decision that many women in this study found to be difficult,” the study reads. “Our results of declining emotional intensity… [find] steady or improving levels of self-esteem, life satisfaction, stress, social support, stress, substance use, and symptoms of depression and anxiety over time post-abortion.”

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 07:38:03 PM

europeans are dying out due to not enough babies being born and mixing with primitives, what women think is of very little importance

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 08:15:03 PM

of course they don't have any regret. they're no longer human, they destroyed their humanity when they did it.

^ that's what I want to say. but the truth is I don't know what to think.
I wish that article told us how many of those women gave birth to another child anytime after the abortion.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 08:28:20 PM

Are any of you adopting a child? I thought not. Carry on Doc.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 09:04:12 PM

Are any of you adopting a child? I thought not. Carry on Doc.
Rekt.

Rationality 1. Superstition 0

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 12:48:14 AM

of course they don't have any regret. they're no longer human, they destroyed their humanity when they did it.

I wish that article told us how many of those women gave birth to another child anytime after the abortion.

Yes, they have destroyed their humanity and also you yourself, you little scumbag thief. Stealing 5m redds and WTF is up with your trust  Roll Eyes.. so, don't talk about humanity when you yourself is stealing people money

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 01:06:09 AM

Yes, they have destroyed their humanity
How is ridding oneself of an unwanted fetal parasite destroying their humanity?

By this logic are men not human since they are incapable birth children?

PDaccseller

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 01:20:09 AM

they're not parasites.. how can you say that?   Sad
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 02:04:47 AM

they're not parasites.. how can you say that?   Sad

By his logic, he was once a parasite on his mother... seems a bit like a self loathing narcissist to me. Wink

The oxymoron is strong in this one.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:02:08 AM

Disgusting!

If they don't want babies, then they should use proper contraception methods such as IUDs or condoms. Killing babies is not the solution. Birth control methods are very cheap, and in most of the countries, the government is sponsoring them (with the exception of hardcore catholic countries such as the Philippines, and most of the Muslim nations).
blablahblah

Activity: 775

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:19:00 AM

The hypocrisy is strong in this thread. Roll Eyes

Disgusting!

If they don't want babies, then they should use proper contraception methods such as IUDs or condoms. Killing babies is not the solution. Birth control methods are very cheap, and in most of the countries, the government is sponsoring them (with the exception of hardcore catholic countries such as the Philippines, and most of the Muslim nations).

So you've never killed a 10mm insect? How kind of you!

Wait, you had a HAIRCUT recently?! You murderer!

Cancer also has a right to life.
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 12:16:16 PM

they're not parasites.. how can you say that?   Sad

By his logic, he was once a parasite on his mother... seems a bit like a self loathing narcissist to me. Wink

The oxymoron is strong in this one.

No point discussing this one, this will go on and on. Different ideas wouldn't go hand in hand.. so its a bla bla bla bla bla situation

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 03:12:13 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2015, 03:46:41 PM by Beliathon

By his medical science's logic, he was once a parasite on his mother...
Fixed that for you. Technically speaking, every fetus is a direct physical parasite until birth, and most of them remain indirect non-productive resource parasites on their parents for another 16-24 years thereafter.

The fetus takes energy from the mother, often at a dire cost to the mother, and gives nothing in return. The mother's body is biologically programmed to supply the fetus first, herself second. Sure, it can be argued that it brings an emotional prize, but only if it is a wanted child. The comparison is more apparent when a woman who does not want a child is being "forced" by the state to carry it. The fetus has a parasitic relationship with the mother, living off her body often at an extreme cost to the mother in terms of nutrition, health, and in some cases, to her very life. Before modern medical science (when religion dominated culture), death during childbirth was not all that uncommon.

These are indisputable medical facts. Deal with it, theists.

Every major metropolis is a cancer of this planet, if you adopt nature's perspective. So what? It's evolution, baby!

We live in an indifferent universe, folks. It cares nothing for our fates, cares nothing for the fate of our entire backwater little solar system. Tomorrow every living thing in our entire galaxy could be sucked into a black hole, and the universe would just keep on ticking away like an eternal clock. I shouldn't have to tell anyone this, it's all self-evident truth that is being desperately denied by theists with hideous mental gymnastics. You may be wondering why it's so important to me that you all understand this. It's because modern humanity is a God pretending that it is only a child, and that is extremely self-and-other-destructive behavior. Recognizing our responsibility as the sole Stewards of Earth as soon as possible is paramount to our long-term survival as a species, and it may already be too late.

P.S.
The difference between an unwanted fetus (womb parasite) and a human being is that a human being has a set of deep-rooted human relationships - human beings have people that love them, people that will mourn their loss. Fetal parasites unwanted by their parents do not.

P.P.S.
I agree that abortions should never be anyone's goal, and will disclose that I myself (under 30, no children) have a vasectomy so that no women I lay with will ever have to face such a terrible choice.

blablahblah

Activity: 775

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:23:06 PM

Every major metropolis is a cancer of this planet, if you adopt nature's perspective. So what? It's evolution, baby!

I was being ironic at the pro-lifers. Human cancer also has human DNA, but I've never heard of any pro-life fanatics refusing treatment on that basis.
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 04:28:01 PM

I was being ironic at the pro-lifers.
You shouldn't concede that term to them so easily, bro. Anyone who is so blatantly anti-women shouldn't have the right to call themselves pro-life. Language is important, as it shapes the geometry of our thoughts and therefore our view of the world.

Language like "pro-life" is cleverly used to sanitize the violence of a thing, in this case hatred of women. A prime example is the automobile industry corporate public relations devised phrase "car accidents", which we should all stop using. Call them what they are: car crashes.

wearepoor

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:35:00 PM

What you are saying is true but in many countries women are forced to go for abortion knowing that the baby inside her is a girl. And I think this is ridiculous especially in India. On one hand they are worshiping Goddesses and on the other hand they are killing their own daughter.
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 11:08:50 PM

Aborted fetal parasites relieve stress and make people happy. And that abortion will save you enough money to buy a house!

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 04:46:30 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2015, 10:53:01 PM by BADecker

Yes, they have destroyed their humanity

Why do you have such an inferiority complex, thinking so poorly about yourself that you call yourself a "fetal parasite destroying" humanity?

Angry

EDIT: Look. Since you feel so badly about the human race that you want to kill off humans when they are fetuses, unable to begin to defend themselves, why don't you start, right now, with the one human you can get rid of and nobody will care - suicide yourself! God might weep over your loss. But when He sees how many others are saved because of it, He will become joyful.

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:09:49 PM

Aborted fetal parasites relieve stress and make people happy. And that abortion will save you enough money to buy a house!

1) This study says that hardly any women regret having an abortion.

Regret: feel sad, repentant, or disappointed over (something that has happened or been done, especially a loss or missed opportunity).

It makes sense that women who had to go through with an abortion, thought it over ALOT, and had come to the decision themselves to do it (if it wasn't their decision, that probably accounts for many of the ones who do regret it). If they came to the decision themselves, it's likely that they wouldn't regret going through with it.

2) You say "aborted fetal parasites make people happy."

Happy: feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.

I really wonder if you saw the face on the women just after they had the abortion if it would show traces of pleasure and contentment. Please show me the study that says women are happy after having aborted their babies?

The absence of regret is not equal to the presence of happiness.
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 03:12:10 AM

EDIT: Look. Since you feel so badly about the human race that you want to kill off humans when they are fetuses, unable to begin to defend themselves, why don't you start, right now, with the one human you can get rid of and nobody will care - suicide yourself! God might weep over your loss. But when He sees how many others are saved because of it, He will become joyful.
Not at all, I love humanity and I am mostly optimistic about our future as a species. I don't want every baby aborted, that's absurd. I'm just pro-choice about the matter.

For the record I do think Earth has a sustainable carrying capacity of approximately 2-2.5 billion humans, so we do need to cut the breeding down a bit.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: