Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:45:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: lol: blockchain - yes; bitcoin - no  (Read 3106 times)
errornone

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

error

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 03:22:30 PM

only because it has more users NOW. but in the future...
In the future it is definitely going to have a lot more hashing power than all others coins combined. What's your point exactly? Most people who preach that Bitcoin is going to be replaced in the near or far future are the ones that have most likely missed the initial profit chance.
If you had bought Bitcoin in 2012 or sooner you would be running around and yelling :"Bitcoin!".  Wink

no, i just asking rational questions. If montero is better in every way than bitcoin, how can you know that "tomorrow" everyone will start to mine montero insted of bitcoins? you cant know this..

error
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 03:28:42 PM

no, i just asking rational questions. If montero is better in every way than bitcoin, how can you know that "tomorrow" everyone will start to mine montero insted of bitcoins? you cant know this..

Monero isn't better than bitcoin in every way, and is far worse than bitcoin in the most important ways(investment, merchant adoption, user adoption, development, security, ect..)

Of course we can never know where any alt will be in 20 years , but we can know where it will be in 5-10 years because the market has priced their winner in as being bitcoin. All that VC funding and ASIC investment in infrastructure is undeniable and is evidence reflecting the momentum.

Please stop derailing this thread and post in the appropriate section.
errornone

error

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 03:29:17 PM

They can make an altcoin and voila, they'll have a blockchain.
But there's no stronger blockchain than Bitcoin's. And if that's advertised enough, organizations will come for the blockchain and will have to use bitcoin for that.

why bitcoin blockchain is safer than monero blockchain?

What is with all this Monero spam lately? Do they not understand that it makes us not want to touch it as it reflects a sense of desperation? Makes me even consider that it may be shills funded from competing privacy coins attempting to piss everyone off.

im just a curious user, trying to understand both coins and if you have a better alt, why you shouldnt or should change to it!! jesus, open your mind to discussion.

error
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 03:31:40 PM

Why Bitcoin and Blockchain Tech are Tied at the Hip

https://medium.com/@ryanshea/why-bitcoin-and-blockchain-tech-are-tied-at-the-hip-df1e6e33e2b6

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 03:54:01 PM

im just a curious user, trying to understand both coins and if you have a better alt, why you shouldnt or should change to it!! jesus, open your mind to discussion.

The discussion is fine, but you seem to be under the impression that it isn't rude to derail a thread and spam an alt in the wrong section of this forum. Look above and you will see this section is called "Bitcoin Discussion"

You should be discussing Monero in these sections :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=161.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=197.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=198.0

Most of us do read over those sections as well.

The sad thing is I was starting to get interested in Monero before all of the spam and now I don't want to touch it or any competing privacy coin because of all the infighting and desperation with spam as of late that reaks as a pump and dump attempt and makes me more cautious. Any proponent of an alt would be wise not to offend others by doing what you are doing.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:26:52 PM

It is just me or to everyone here, blockchain is working good? I got a payment fast really fast confirmation !!!
BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:32:37 PM

It is just me or to everyone here, blockchain is working good? I got a payment fast really fast confirmation !!!

All my tx are fine as well.
95% of the complaints are likely troll or shill accounts. Seems to be getting worse lately on this forum.
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:36:55 PM

95% of the complaints are likely troll or shill accounts. Seems to be getting worse lately on this forum.

Well yes, i have seen many posts here that their transactions were stuck (hold/pending) without any confirmation.
UserVVIP

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:38:29 PM

Amen. It really bugs me when companies say use this term. Even if you are using the blockchain to save information, you are using Bitcoin tokens to process and publish the info.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:43:41 AM

The truth is, you can have blockchains without a bitcoin (or altcoin). How useful it'll be is debatable.  There was a really good discussion on this subject on AVC yesterday.

goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:35:14 PM

Maybe when you don't have a clue don't claim you know what's going on. You can see here https://blockchain.info/de/unconfirmed-transactions that the amount of unconfirmed transactions is back to a normal level. It was 10 times that high for many days when the network was spammed. And yes, that led to transactions, that had low fees, not getting through. They work now again with low fees but they could stuck for days when you would have send them some days ago.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:00:16 PM

But there's no stronger blockchain than Bitcoin's. And if that's advertised enough, organizations will come for the blockchain and will have to use bitcoin for that.

why bitcoin blockchain is safer than monero blockchain?
The network security behind bitcoin is 360,540,831.57 GH/s, that is a lot more than monero and that is why it is safer.

only because it has more users NOW. but in the future...
Dude this is why someone asked if monero should be censored on this forum because you guys are like cultist, MONERO WILL NEVER OVERTAKE BITCOIN. You can think I am crazy all you want but let me tell you I think you're crazy. Just look at the increase in hashrate per month at both coins and tell me which number is bigger.
Yeah, thats what Monero fanboys (or some of them) seem to not get. Monero will never be as big (let alone bigger, lol) than Bitcoin. Why? its simple, its super anonymous-only features give no chances at being transparent. This kills a large base of users and uses. Plus Bitcoin is king in all that matters: network strenght, adoption, network effect in general... which is all that matters, even more than who has got the best-ever technology.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 03:04:06 PM

Yeah, thats what Monero fanboys (or some of them) seem to not get. Monero will never be as big (let alone bigger, lol) than Bitcoin. Why? its simple, its super anonymous-only features give no chances at being transparent. This kills a large base of users and uses. Plus Bitcoin is king in all that matters: network strenght, adoption, network effect in general... which is all that matters, even more than who has got the best-ever technology.
Also, what people do not realize that if Bitcoin was completely anonymous it would have never been legalized. I'm pretty sure that even if Monero grows, it is going on the black list pretty quick (unfortunately).
I'm not saying that this will kill Monero, but it is definitely going to prevent it from taking a grasp at a larger user base.
However, Bitcoin seems to be in the middle of everything. It is partially anonymous, not too fast, not too slow; with a few upgrades here and there it could be considered almost perfect (for our time).  

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:17:39 PM

Also, what people do not realize that if Bitcoin was completely anonymous it would have never been legalized. I'm pretty sure that even if Monero grows, it is going on the black list pretty quick (unfortunately).
I'm not saying that this will kill Monero, but it is definitely going to prevent it from taking a grasp at a larger user base.
However, Bitcoin seems to be in the middle of everything. It is partially anonymous, not too fast, not too slow; with a few upgrades here and there it could be considered almost perfect (for our time). 

Well bitcoin is not completely anonymous, you are right, i see many websites require lots of information if you want to buy some bitcoins
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:19:11 AM

"Blockchain" refers to any blockchain, doesn't have to be THE Bitcoin blockchain. It is fair for people to say they are interested in blockchain technology and not bitcoin. I don't think they meant to offend bitcoin users.

Altcoins uses their own blockchain and businesses can create their own blockchain if they want. Their view of a secure blockchain is very different to ours. They want a blockchain they can secure and control, Bitcoin's blockchain is out of their control, so insecure to them.
errornone

error

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:46:34 AM

"Blockchain" refers to any blockchain, doesn't have to be THE Bitcoin blockchain. It is fair for people to say they are interested in blockchain technology and not bitcoin. I don't think they meant to offend bitcoin users.

Altcoins uses their own blockchain and businesses can create their own blockchain if they want. Their view of a secure blockchain is very different to ours. They want a blockchain they can secure and control, Bitcoin's blockchain is out of their control, so insecure to them.

but people claim that bitcoin blockchain is the most secure and reliable due to the huge amount of users.

error
futureofbitcoin

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:52:15 AM

Monero/DASH/insert anon coin may not be as relevant in the "real" world, but it could revolutionize the way money laundering, tax evasion, hiding assets, black markets etc work. So it might have a much smaller userbase, but all of those are potentially trillion dollar markets.

I don't see Monero succeeding if bitcoin fails. But if bitcoin goes mainstream, and people start to readily accept non-government backed online currencies, then I believe it is inevitable that such activities will also move to crypto; and it will be an anon coin rather than bitcoin.
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:05:19 AM

For the moment, the bitcoin blockchain is the most 'used' and it is the most secure but like I said "for the moment". However it is normal that in the future someone will build something better than the actual bitcoin (this is obvious... technology).

You mean like they built a better gold for thousands of years? Not proof, but that makes your argument pretty weak and makes bitcoin look more likely to last.
futureofbitcoin

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:13:08 AM

For the moment, the bitcoin blockchain is the most 'used' and it is the most secure but like I said "for the moment". However it is normal that in the future someone will build something better than the actual bitcoin (this is obvious... technology).

You mean like they built a better gold for thousands of years? Not proof, but that makes your argument pretty weak and makes bitcoin look more likely to last.
bad argument. Because gold is gold, it's just defined that way. If you improve it, it'll be something different. You can't build a better gold, it's a matter of semantics.

However, in a sense, bitcoin is a "better gold".

Your argument is like saying "you can't build a better bitcoin than bitcoin". It's a useless statement. But you can most certainly build a blockchain better than the bitcoin blockchain, just as you can build a computer better than the first commercial PCs.
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:32:42 AM

bad argument. Because gold is gold, it's just defined that way. If you improve it, it'll be something different. You can't build a better gold, it's a matter of semantics.

However, in a sense, bitcoin is a "better gold".

Your argument is like saying "you can't build a better bitcoin than bitcoin". It's a useless statement. But you can most certainly build a blockchain better than the bitcoin blockchain, just as you can build a computer better than the first commercial PCs.

It's still a computer tho. Just improved.
I took the OP's statement to mean he thought something radically different would replace bitcoin (and soonish). Gold is a good argument to counter that. Not 100% proof (as I said), of course.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: