Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:58:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dinesh D'Souza Forced to Undergo More Therapy Against All Expert Advice  (Read 381 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 09:57:14 PM

A federal judge is heaping on new therapy requirements to Dinesh D'Souza's parole sentence, and there's absolutely no reason for it. D'Souza, who is under parole for violating campaign finance laws, has seen world-class medical experts who have verified that his mental health is perfectly normal. But U.S District Judge Richard Berman has other ideas — he was a "psychology major."

The acclaimed conservative author and filmmaker pled guilty last year to breaking campaign finance rules, and he was subsequently sentenced to eight months of nightly detention and five years on probation. He was also fined $30,000, required to do community service, forced to attend weekly counseling sessions, and restricted from international travel. All this for a $20,000 campaign finance violation.

But apparently, those punishments do not go far enough. Yesterday, Judge Berman — a Clinton appointee — said D'Souza must continue teaching English classes as community service for four more years, and he must undergo further counseling, despite the expert opinions of psychologists who say he doesn't need it. Why? Because Judge Berman is convinced that D'Souza's crime back in 2012 could only have stemmed from mental instability.

The judge explained:

“What I’m reading in the psychological case notes is compatible with my own impressions. The psychological case notes indicate that while Mr. D’Souza is highly intelligent, he has remarkably little insight into his own motivations, that he is not introspective or insightful, but that he tends to see his own actions in an overly positive manner."

He went on:

“I consider the original crime in this case is an insight issue. That Mr. D’Souza committed this crime involves a colossal failure of insight and introspection.”

A federal judge is heaping on new therapy requirements to Dinesh D'Souza's parole sentence, and there's absolutely no reason for it. D'Souza, who is under parole for violating campaign finance laws, has seen world-class medical experts who have verified that his mental health is perfectly normal. But U.S District Judge Richard Berman has other ideas — he was a "psychology major."

The acclaimed conservative author and filmmaker pled guilty last year to breaking campaign finance rules, and he was subsequently sentenced to eight months of nightly detention and five years on probation. He was also fined $30,000, required to do community service, forced to attend weekly counseling sessions, and restricted from international travel. All this for a $20,000 campaign finance violation.

But apparently, those punishments do not go far enough. Yesterday, Judge Berman — a Clinton appointee — said D'Souza must continue teaching English classes as community service for four more years, and he must undergo further counseling, despite the expert opinions of psychologists who say he doesn't need it. Why? Because Judge Berman is convinced that D'Souza's crime back in 2012 could only have stemmed from mental instability.

The judge explained:

“What I’m reading in the psychological case notes is compatible with my own impressions. The psychological case notes indicate that while Mr. D’Souza is highly intelligent, he has remarkably little insight into his own motivations, that he is not introspective or insightful, but that he tends to see his own actions in an overly positive manner."
He went on:

“I consider the original crime in this case is an insight issue. That Mr. D’Souza committed this crime involves a colossal failure of insight and introspection.”
Assuming that this judge is not acting out of political malice for Mr. D'Souza — and we certainly can't dismiss that possibility, since D'Souza has long been a thorn in the side of liberals — the judge's explanation for his decision is extremely telling. In concluding that D'Souza's mistake had to be owing to an "insight problem," or some lack of mental capacity, the judge is assuming something terribly false about human beings: that they can't willfully make bad decisions, even while being completely informed about them. Mr. D'Souza made a wrong decision in breaking the law. But it was an informed decision — and one that he has frankly made amends for at this point. And if the judge understood Mr. D'Souza's mistake as an exclusively moral failure, the conservative activist would almost certainly be let off by now. Instead, Mr. D'Souza is now held captive to a federal judge's false worldview, a worldview that assumes that wrong actions must emerge from external factors and not from the corrupt human heart.

So essentially, if this judge could lower his view of human moral excellence and accept something like a doctrine of sin, this case could be easily headed for a tidy finish. But that's not to be.

What can one say? Ideas have consequences.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/danieldavis/2015/07/15/democrat-judge-forces-dinesh-dsouza-into-more-counseling-disregarding-expert-advice-n2025832

-----------------------------------------------
... A clinton appointee...

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 10:22:10 PM

Lauryn Hill thought the powers that be were out to get her. People in the music industry don't want to see music that is clean and preaches loving one another and loving God, and Lauryn would not stop.

She was ordered to have therapy, just as Dinesh is.

"According to the IBTimes, Hill told the court: “I am a child of former slaves who had a system imposed on them. I had an economic system imposed on me.” Furthermore, Hill also believes that artists are being oppressed by (what the article calls) “a plot involving the military and media”. Because of these statements, Hill was ordered to undergo “counseling”, which is a way of saying that she is mentally ill and that she needs some sort of re-programming session regain “sanity”."

Lauryn Hill Ordered by the Court to Undergo “Counseling” Due to her “Conspiracy Theories”

We'll be seeing more of these things happening.

Judges have too much power to decide when someone needs therapy. And absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 10:43:21 PM

Lauryn Hill thought the powers that be were out to get her. People in the music industry don't want to see music that is clean and preaches loving one another and loving God, and Lauryn would not stop.

She was ordered to have therapy, just as Dinesh is.

"According to the IBTimes, Hill told the court: “I am a child of former slaves who had a system imposed on them. I had an economic system imposed on me.” Furthermore, Hill also believes that artists are being oppressed by (what the article calls) “a plot involving the military and media”. Because of these statements, Hill was ordered to undergo “counseling”, which is a way of saying that she is mentally ill and that she needs some sort of re-programming session regain “sanity”."

Lauryn Hill Ordered by the Court to Undergo “Counseling” Due to her “Conspiracy Theories”

We'll be seeing more of these things happening.

Judges have too much power to decide when someone needs therapy. And absolute power corrupts absolutely.

As long as humans will judge other humans...

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 03:10:36 AM

This beady eyed, intensely glaring right wing fanatical knuckle dragging brainy dude hiding unfairly in a lowbrow skull has xray eyes that pierce laser sharp through fabrications, lies, misrepresentations, and other leftylibbyloserlies.  He obviously has severe mental problems.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: