Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:11:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Requests Input  (Read 34793 times)
Uuno

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:09:48 PM

I have no idea if the community "trusts" me at all, but I may be willing to do this, for the sake of the community as a whole. I've been fairly sceptical of BFL from the beginning. Came very close to buying some Singles back at their launch, but ended up going the other route. And now I'm fairly well aligned with "the other camp" (ie the other more open FPGA manufacturers). But if BFL is making a legitimate attempt at being open, I'm willing to help with that, to hopefully improve professionalism in this space as a whole. BFL is one of several players that is in a position to have a major impact on Bitcoin soon, and if they can be convinced to be a lot more open about things it will be good for everyone (I think).

Not saying I'll buy their product Wink I'm already fairly invested in alternative products right now, but I think that, combined with my decent exposure to most of the recent dedicating mining tech, along with real Electronics Engineering, and FPGA Development knowledge and experience, makes me "qualified" if you will, to judge....

I think that you Glasswalker would be a good choice BUT if I remember right... you are working for one of the BFL competitors. So your visit would be a conflicting of interests. Correct me if I'm wrong.

+1 vote for yochdog

Send all your money here: 1CRTegc4fdeJYwTPGYTuGq3nFBbgvHc23c
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:20:16 PM

I would be willing to make the trip if BFL will have me. 
I think we have our answer.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
reeses
Donator

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:28:15 PM

Oh FFS, really?  See, this is the kind of shit that makes me not want to even bother at all. 

There is, literally, no pleasing people.  In the future, when someone asks "Why doesn't BFL provide YYYY information/pictures/stats/specs/etc?", point them back to this thread.  No matter what we provide or do, tinfoil hat people will try to drag it down.  There's still people that don't believe the FPGAs exist, I guess it should come as no surprise that no amount of proof will ever be sufficient for some people.

Let me make my reasoning more succinct.

I cannot knowingly associate with convicted criminals who have engaged in crimes of moral turpitude, especially those involving money.

This is admitted to.  By coming to KC, I would have to answer to that.

And do not act the aggrieved party.  Grow a pair and man up.  You're better than this.
Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 04:29:43 PM

There's still people that don't believe the FPGAs exist

REALLY? Who?

I saw a comment a few days ago from someone demanding to see pics of Minirigs in the wild :S

Josh is certainly right, you can't please all of the people all of the time, but this thread was more about consensus and seeing who was willing. I see yochdog with the most support and a confirmation to go, and sunbreak as a second.
nathanghart

Activity: 195

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:30:48 PM

I vote me. I could drive from Chicago area with a couple other miners. I am impartial, transparent and have many years experience in IT management. I am a big proponent of bitcoin and want to do what is best for the nascent industry.

http://www.visualcv.com/nathanghart

In fact, I would like to come visit regardless of whether the community nominated me. Let me know if this is possible Josh.

Kindly,
Nathan
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 04:32:01 PM

Having held a TSSCI security clearance myself, I'm gonna have to call bullshit on your story, thanks for trying though.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:34:04 PM

Having held a TSSCI security clearance myself, I'm gonna have to call bullshit on your story, thanks for trying though.

And we'll call BS on your story. Put up or shut up.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 04:34:29 PM

Put up what?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 04:34:45 PM

Oh FFS, really?  See, this is the kind of shit that makes me not want to even bother at all. 

There is, literally, no pleasing people.  In the future, when someone asks "Why doesn't BFL provide YYYY information/pictures/stats/specs/etc?", point them back to this thread.  No matter what we provide or do, tinfoil hat people will try to drag it down.  There's still people that don't believe the FPGAs exist, I guess it should come as no surprise that no amount of proof will ever be sufficient for some people.

I cannot knowingly associate with convicted criminals who have engaged in crimes of moral turpitude, especially those involving money.

And do not act the aggrieved party.  Grow a pair and man up.  You're better than this.
Didn't you trade with and defend on the forums pirate, who was running an obvious ponzi scam?

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:35:24 PM

Put up what?

ASICs

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
reeses
Donator

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:36:12 PM

Having held a TSSCI clearance, you should understand then the impact that, say, a credit score, financial inquiries, etc. have on your eligibility to maintain that clearance.  The point of the clearance is to assess the risk of compromise of privileged information.  If you have money problems, drug problems, or criminal associates, you are not going to maintain that clearance except under, oh yeah, SCI terms.

Otherwise, this is another of your attempts at misdirection.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 04:36:36 PM

W. T. F.  Epic.

Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 04:37:03 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 07:47:40 PM by Fjordbit

I've held High Security (not TS) clearance, and what he says jives with the instructions I was given.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 04:38:27 PM

Having held a TSSCI clearance, you should understand then the impact that, say, a credit score, financial inquiries, etc. have on your eligibility to maintain that clearance.  The point of the clearance is to assess the risk of compromise of privileged information.  If you have money problems, drug problems, or criminal associates, you are not going to maintain that clearance except under, oh yeah, SCI terms.

You're right, I understand it very well, that's why I am calling your story bullshit.  Either you don't hold a clearance or you have no understanding as to how that clearance works.  In either case, your reasoning is bullshit... but that's neither here nor there for the purposes of this discussion, since the end result is the same.

reeses
Donator

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:39:17 PM

Didn't you trade with and defend on the forums pirate, who was running an obvious ponzi scam?

I did trade with pirate, and in retrospect, much like imsaguy (without the PPT), looking back on what started innocently enough, it's pretty darned obvious I should have been more careful.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 04:40:58 PM

I did trade with pirate, and in retrospect, much like imsaguy (without the PPT), looking back on what started innocently enough, it's pretty darned obvious I should have been more careful.

OH NOES!!!1!!  Your fake security clearance is going to get revoked!

reeses
Donator

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:41:17 PM

You're right, I understand it very well, that's why I am calling your story bullshit.  Either you don't hold a clearance or you have no understanding as to how that clearance works.  In either case, your reasoning is bullshit... but that's neither here nor there for the purposes of this discussion, since the end result is the same.

You didn't hold a clearance of any import.  I'm guessing if you did, it was secret at best.  Stop exaggerating.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 04:42:51 PM

Keep tellin' your self that, champ.  Whatever makes you feel better about your fake clearance.

I suspect the real reason you're begging off the list is because you don't want to be made to look like an idiot in front of the whole bitcoin talk world when you're forced to admit BFL is actually producing ASICs.  It's going to be bad enough when someone else confirms it, but it would be a double blow to your poor little ego if you had to actually do the dirty work yourself.  It's ok little man, we won't laugh too much at you.  I can't wait to see the back pedaling you do after we start shipping. 

(That's not true, at least in private we will be laughing out assess off at you, but you didn't hear that from me.)

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:43:01 PM

Please don't turn this into a flame fest or some other off topic discussion.  I will lock the thread and promptly forget about it if so.
You have your answer, I think, no?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
reeses
Donator

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:44:14 PM

OH NOES!!!1!!  Your fake security clearance is going to get revoked!

I really don't care about my background check (which was embarrassing enough), I care about the impact to my wife's ability to prosecute FRAUD by knowingly associating with convicted scammers.  Sonny is a convicted fraudster, misunderstood libertarian or not.

Are you really going to act as if this is not obvious?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: