Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:47:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Requests Input  (Read 34788 times)
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:11:35 AM

Can these 2 ppl please be equipped with good cameras that never stop rolling/shooting?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:13:17 AM

I am going to throw my name into the hat for a chance to partake in the "BFL Experience".

Also East Coast USA. Smiley
Woot!

Can these 2 ppl please be equipped with good cameras that never stop rolling/shooting?
I am ok with this. As long as I don't have to wear it to bed.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
psilan

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:14:35 AM

Also, I think Gigavps might be interested in visiting. I know he's been a big BFL customer for quiet some time.

^ lol

I want someone actively skeptical of BFL, but not to the point of insanity (or ass kissing). Reeses would be awesome, but I don't think Josh would do that.

dip
mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:23:14 AM

Also, I think Gigavps might be interested in visiting. I know he's been a big BFL customer for quiet some time.

^ lol

I want someone actively skeptical of BFL, but not to the point of insanity (or ass kissing). Reeses would be awesome, but I don't think Josh would do that.
Good point. I was going for reputable forum members that BFL knows, but perhaps it would be a bit bias.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:23:32 AM

I am going to throw my name into the hat for a chance to partake in the "BFL Experience".

I vote CABLEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 03:38:34 AM

I'm glad to see Josh doing this and nominate myself.

• I am skeptical of potential scams
  • I have been on the forums since Oct. 2010, so I am extremely unlikely to be a BFL shill.
  • I was not scammed by pirate or other ponzis and I actively call out scams on the forums.
  • I have some technical knowledge (Software Engineering day job, EE/Comp. Eng. turned CS in college)
  • I am a BFL customer (Minirig hosted by Inaba + SC preorder).  I also have a couple Avalons preordered and some GPUs still running

I live close to a major airport on the west coast and can fly out any time.

If there is anyone with a better understanding of hardware (that isn't producing a competing ASIC) and is a long time member of the community, I would recommend them over myself.

In my opinion, anyone who bought into pirate's obvious ponzi or is selling competing ASICs should not be chosen.

If BFL is paying for my planeflight, then I would be more then willing to come meet you guys, if you were to accept me. I am interested in meeting you all, testing the devices, checking out the facility, and of course coming back to these forums and elsewhere to put in a good word. I live in the Eastcoast, USA.

Gigavps is a bad choice, as he got scammed by pirate even after meeting him in person.  Plus, I think he has already visited BFL.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
Glasswalker

Activity: 407

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 03:44:29 AM

I have no idea if the community "trusts" me at all, but I may be willing to do this, for the sake of the community as a whole. I've been fairly sceptical of BFL from the beginning. Came very close to buying some Singles back at their launch, but ended up going the other route. And now I'm fairly well aligned with "the other camp" (ie the other more open FPGA manufacturers). But if BFL is making a legitimate attempt at being open, I'm willing to help with that, to hopefully improve professionalism in this space as a whole. BFL is one of several players that is in a position to have a major impact on Bitcoin soon, and if they can be convinced to be a lot more open about things it will be good for everyone (I think).

Not saying I'll buy their product Wink I'm already fairly invested in alternative products right now, but I think that, combined with my decent exposure to most of the recent dedicating mining tech, along with real Electronics Engineering, and FPGA Development knowledge and experience, makes me "qualified" if you will, to judge.

If the flight is free, and basic accommodations are covered, I'm game (provided it works with my already fairly busy schedule, and my Wife doesn't object lol). Wink

That said, I would only do it under the circumstances that I'm not restricted in any way from disclosing what I see/discover. I will be professional and impartial, and provide a real review. And I won't hide information and only release "tidbits" or vague details to the community either. I'll want to take pictures, video if possible, and post real results (performance numbers, measured specs, and observed details as well). So with that caveat on there, I doubt if BFL would allow me in their doors Wink

Also I'm not in the USA, but I am just across the border in Canada (I'm like an hour or so drive from Buffalo,NY). So I doubt that it's much of a stretch for them at all compared to flying from within the USA.

BattleDrome: Blockchain based Gladiator Combat for fun and profit!
http://www.battledrome.io/
psilan

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:44:38 AM

• I am a BFL customer (Minirig hosted by Inaba + SC preorder).

That counts you out in my books.

dip
    SysRun

Activity: 616
    Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
    September 25, 2012, 03:48:40 AM

Atlas FTW, just kidding.

Put me down for gigavps, if he's a willing participant.

If I had the time I would nominate myself, but I already fly enough as it is.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
    Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
    dust

View Profile WWW
    September 25, 2012, 03:53:36 AM

I am curious why.  I have a vested interest in discovering the truth about BFL.  If it is a scam, then I would get authorities involved immediately.  If I found out it was a scam and tried to sell my preorder, then everyone would immediately become suspicious.

^ lol

If I remember correctly, reese shilled for pirate and then deleted all of his posts.  This disqualifies him in my opinion.

Atlas FTW, just kidding.

Put me down for gigavps, if he's a willing participant.

If I had the time I would nominate myself, but I already fly enough as it is.
      Gigavps has already met BFL and already trusts them fully.  He also met pirate in person and trusted him fully.[/list]

What about DeathAndTaxes?

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
      crazyates
      Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
      September 25, 2012, 04:05:00 AM

Out of all the people who have nominated themselves (who wouldn't?), I would actually approve of you the most. 

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
      Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
      psilan

View Profile
      September 25, 2012, 04:05:35 AM

I am curious why.  I have a vested interest in discovering the truth about BFL.  If it is a scam, then I would get authorities involved immediately.  If I found out it was a scam and tried to sell my preorder, then everyone would immediately become suspicious.

That type of connection is quite close, and is a scab to be picked.

To most BFL purchasers that is a big investment in BFL, and being hosted by BFL makes you even closer.
        Need someone critical, not connected. Nothing more than a BitForce single purchaser if at all.

I can't speak for them, but I'm sure they want someone that removes any doubt in people's(bitcointalk) minds. Otherwise the exercise is a pointless waste of money.[/list]

dip
        mufa23
        Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
        September 25, 2012, 04:08:17 AM

He also met pirate in person and trusted him fully.
        Hold on... how/when did I miss this?! If this is true, then I'd like to reiterate that Gigavps shouldn't go.

Also, what do you guys think about Casascius and Meni Rosenfeld? I am not sure that Rosenfeld lives in the US, but from my recollection he has some sort of degree in mathematics and invented the DGM/DGS algorithm. In my book, they are reputable people that don't have much to do with BFL.

EDIT: Josh (Inaba), only 1-2 people can go?

crazyates
        Legendary

View Profile
        September 25, 2012, 04:12:43 AM

Hold on... how/when did I miss this?! If this is true, then I'd like to reiterate that Gigavps shouldn't go.
        I would say most people won't accept his endorsement, as he is a known BFL advocate, and already a VERY large customer.

Unacceptable
        Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
        September 25, 2012, 04:18:08 AM

How about DiabloD3 Huh

He has a mining company,designed a miner & dosen't think too highly of BFL.

Reeses has been way too vocal (rude) with respect to BFL.He may try to sabotage the plant or something  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
        Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
        "An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
        dust

View Profile WWW
        September 25, 2012, 04:18:36 AM

Also, what do you guys think about Casascius and Meni Rosenfeld? I am not sure that Rosenfeld lives in the US, but from my recollection he has some sort of degree in mathematics and invented the DGM/DGS algorithm. In my book, they are reputable people that don't have much to do with BFL.

EDIT: Josh (Inaba), only 1-2 people can go?

Meni is in Israel.  He seems pretty smart but he also trusted a serial scammer, Alberto, and agreed to run a 3% weekly bond for him.

I think casacius is trustworthy and he is in the US.

Gigavps and reeses were big-time pirate supporters.
        Code:
        8693	reeses		79	pirateat40	2012-01-28 02:28:55	10	solid as a brick and completely trustworthy. Lots of profit potential.
        11153 pirateat40 -41 reeses 2012-05-24 15:13:06 9 Core - The very best of the community.
        7853 gigavps 257 pirateat40 2012-08-30 22:29:00 10 all business, no drama
        7739 pirateat40 -41 gigavps 2012-08-17 22:30:23 10 They don't come better.

crazyates
        Legendary

View Profile
        September 25, 2012, 04:30:31 AM

How about DiabloD3 Huh

He has a mining company,designed a miner & dosen't think too highly of BFL.
        I know he's a mod, but I don't think it's fair to invite someone who's a blatant critic, to the point of starting a betting pool whether or not BFL will even deliver.

YokoToriyama

Activity: 58
        Merit: 0

View Profile
        September 25, 2012, 04:35:36 AM

I'd say WhitePhantom or my self.
        Serge
        Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
        September 25, 2012, 04:41:47 AM

Casascius, Joel Katz, cypherdoc, gmaxwell
        dust

View Profile WWW
        September 25, 2012, 04:44:59 AM

Casascius, Joel Katz, cypherdoc, gmaxwell
        All solid choices imo.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
          Print  

Jump to: