Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:19:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Distibuted bitcoind  (Read 578 times)
rupy (OP)

Activity: 725
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:33:40 AM

Can you today use bitcoind with the private keys outside of the wallet without development complexity?

The only way to assure 100% uptime is to distribute your cluster and for that you need to handle private key distribution outside of the closed wallet.dat file.

What would the way to do this with the raw transactions API look like?

BANKBOOK GWT Wallet & no-FIAT Billing API
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tl121

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:55:15 PM

Can you today use bitcoind with the private keys outside of the wallet without development complexity?

The only way to assure 100% uptime is to distribute your cluster and for that you need to handle private key distribution outside of the closed wallet.dat file.

What would the way to do this with the raw transactions API look like?

This isn't what you asked, but it reflects what I recently discovered.  You might find it of interest.  I was able to run Multibit-HD and access private keys on a Trezor on the same computer as running a full bitcoin node.  I kept the multibit-HD client isolated from the bitcoin network by using a firewall to block it.  The client was forced to go through my trusted full node, preserving the privacy benefits of full nodes.

Multibit HD's peer discovery software as shipped finds the bitcoin core via localhost.  Unfortunately, at present Multibit HD lacks the peer configuration flexibility presently in bitcoin core.  If it had it, it would be possible for one or more appropriately configured clients to access a set of trusted full nodes that would comprise a "cluster".

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: