Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:28:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unarmed Mississippi man died after 20-minute police chokehold, witnesses say  (Read 610 times)
katilja (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:09:33 PM

http://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2015/7/15/1436984532774/84d59605-ff67-4d4c-bc38-4765bc17312d-620x372.jpeg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10&s=1fd285a7ff4a85d50936e336cc529760

Witnesses have told Mississippi state investigators that an unarmed black man died after being kept in a chokehold by a police officer for more than 20 minutes and denied CPR, according to his family’s attorneys, who said an autopsy confirmed he was fatally strangled.

Read here

Did you notice that cops are too aggressive today?
Damn this is kept pretty quiet cause I live in Mississippi and this is the first I've heard of it. Hope it don't get swept under the rug.
Is this police brutality problem really not systemic?
krenare

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:12:00 PM

Sounds clear but recent events show how bad witness accounts can be at times.
xemra

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:12:45 PM

Is anyone really surprised.
Loqkani07

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:13:41 PM

The driver a drunk witness wow not to credible.
KriszDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:15:06 PM

The driver a drunk witness wow not to credible.

There are 3 more witness who all gave matching accounts, one of whom works in LE.

"Sanders’ attorneys said they were present this week while three witnesses, whom they declined to identify due to safety concerns, separately gave matching accounts of what happened to investigators from the Mississippi bureau of investigation (MBI) during filmed interviews.

According to the attorneys, the three witnesses are related to Sanders by marriage and one has 10 years of experience working in law enforcement. "

But you have the strategy down, the character assassination will begin as soon as they break the anonymity of these thugs.

But here we are again. No crime committed but a man dead anyway.
albalinux

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:16:56 PM

WOW...a 20 minute choke hold? Maybe, but that's a LONG time to apply a choke hold, especially on a the size of the dead man. The whole situation is a little weird, but I guess we'll see once all the details become public.
Namviet

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:17:56 PM

By Blacks lying to gain money, not at all. Good point.
Congtyn

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:18:45 PM

May his soul rest in peace. May whatever god he believes in look after his soul. Let's hope that justice is done.
ezly

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:19:54 PM

He was 39....... if he were in Somalia he would have exceeded life expectancy by 20 years.
rio3232

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:21:01 PM

Witnesses have told Mississippi state investigators that an unarmed black man died after being kept in a chokehold by a police officer for more than 20 minutes and denied CPR, according to his family’s attorneys, who said an autopsy confirmed he was fatally strangled.

Read here

Damn this is kept pretty quiet cause I live in Mississippi and this is the first I've heard of it. Hope it don't get swept under the rug.

1. Nope, didn't notice. I was stopped the other day because something was hanging under my truck. I told him I had a concealed carry permit and I had a loaded weapon in the console next me. He said "That's cool. Just wanted to let you know something's dragging under your truck, and you need to check it out." He never once tried to choke me, didn't ask for my gun, and did threaten any violence upon my person. I thanked him and he said to have a nice day. Again...no choking, threats or violence upon my being.
2. Sounds like it's already under the rug.
3. It's not systemic....really! How much personal interaction do you have to be able to suggest it's systemic?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:21:53 PM

That would be a murder. About 11% of police killings turn out to be illegal killings in the US.  

EDIT:
1. Nope, didn't notice. I was stopped the other day because something was hanging under my truck. I told him I had a concealed carry permit and I had a loaded weapon in the console next me. He said "That's cool. Just wanted to let you know something's dragging under your truck, and you need to check it out." He never once tried to choke me, didn't ask for my gun, and did threaten any violence upon my person. I thanked him and he said to have a nice day. Again...no choking, threats or violence upon my being.
2. Sounds like it's already under the rug.
3. It's not systemic....really! How much personal interaction do you have to be able to suggest it's systemic?
I have never had a bad interaction with the police either. However it helps to be white and have a carry permit. The weapons permit assures the cop that you are not a criminal and have had extensive background checks.

P.S. Conceal carry holders who are found to have killed illegally are only about 2%.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
little.cheekie

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:22:02 PM

May his soul rest in peace. May whatever god he believes in look after his soul. Let's hope that justice is done.

Indeed. Well said.
godlyitems

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:23:07 PM

Are they trained to murder people? I've seen this behavior more than once. It's almost universal actually. If there's a video of the police killing a man, they almost never administer any medical assistance until it's far too late. Negligence or professionalism?
Daewoo

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:25:08 PM

Are they trained to murder people? I've seen this behavior more than once. It's almost universal actually. If there's a video of the police killing a man, they almost never administer any medical assistance until it's far too late. Negligence or professionalism?

Good Lord. Police "mess" with people breaking the law.
Phuminh

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:26:37 PM

"witnesses say". Witnesses said Michael Brown was shot in the back too.
jeckman

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:27:33 PM

I'm no doctor/nurse but I do know what a choke hold is (air or blood) and 20 minutes seems like an awfully long time for a cop (or anyone else) to detain a person in abeyance. Unless the victim was in an excited delirium, an acute psychotic episode or an immediate threat to himself or others around him, a hold like that should not be used. Why wasn't back-up called? Too many unanswered questions.
fontana

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:28:56 PM

http://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2015/7/15/1436984532774/84d59605-ff67-4d4c-bc38-4765bc17312d-620x372.jpeg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10&s=1fd285a7ff4a85d50936e336cc529760

Read here

If the story is true, cop need to do life behind bars.
fitimi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:31:02 PM

If true, I would be surprised because most cops are good people.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 200 Cryptos  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● TUTORIAL: How to earn 1 btc a week  >>
umzza

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:32:37 PM

One word................ "behave", it ain't that hard.... honest.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:08:45 PM

I'm certainly not.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: