Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:27:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas to circumvent fed with new gold depository, will accept Bitcoin  (Read 798 times)
taylortyler (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 07:58:35 PM

Was very surprised to hear this http://www.hngn.com/articles/110000/20150716/texas-gold-depository-will-circumvent-federal-reserve-system-and-accept-bitcoin.htm
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:07:38 PM

State level is where the interesting stuff is likely to happen when it comes to financial reforms. If you're outside the US it's easy to be oblivious to the divide between state and federal. It's bleedin' enormous. Crypto would be an efficient way for state legislators to stick it to Washington.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:57:23 PM

State level is where the interesting stuff is likely to happen when it comes to financial reforms. If you're outside the US it's easy to be oblivious to the divide between state and federal. It's bleedin' enormous. Crypto would be an efficient way for state legislators to stick it to Washington.

gentlemand

THAT is a great observation.  At some point dissatisfaction will arise enough in the USA that some states may go for it.

And Texas is just the kind of place to get the ball rolling.

"Texas, it's whole 'nother country."
blablaace

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:13:48 PM

this won't last long .. the Fed won't stand for it
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 12:55:31 AM

The 'Fed' (I assume you mean Federal Reserve)
has power, but not as much power as some people think.
Not enough people benefit from the actions of the elite, and
that even includes ordinary congress people.

"Where has he acquired enough eyes to spy upon you, if you do not provide them yourselves?
How can he have so many arms to beat you with, if he does not borrow them from you?" -Étienne de La Boétie

P.S.  You are a dirty scammer Moriarty.

MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 11:25:21 AM

gentlemand

THAT is a great observation.  At some point dissatisfaction will arise enough in the USA that some states may go for it.

And Texas is just the kind of place to get the ball rolling.

"Texas, it's whole 'nother country."

Kudos to Texas for taking this step, I guess its still to be seen whether the fed will agree to give texas back its gold...and is yet to be seen whether its all still there!

State secession may be one of the reasons for the "jade helm" exercises,  preparing with a federal vs state showdown!
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 03:34:45 PM

"Where has he acquired enough eyes to spy upon you, if you do not provide them yourselves?
How can he have so many arms to beat you with, if he does not borrow them from you?" -Étienne de La Boétie

P.S.  You are a dirty scammer Moriarty.

Yeah I like how our flithy downtown east-side scammer jumps in poo-poo this, smoke another rock Moriarty.

P.S. Kudos to Texas!
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 05:03:49 PM

P.S.  You are a dirty scammer Moriarty.

Isn't it all a big pyramid hierarchy where the FED is at the top?
Do you really think TPTB would let a new trend of this happening all over the place? Maybe they will let Texas do their thing as a experiment to see what happens, but if more states follow im sure they will somehow intervene.
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 05:07:24 PM

This is interesting.  There have been questions about the gold reserves going all the way back to Nixon, when we left the gold standard.  To my knowledge there has never been an audit of the reserves since.  And I saw on a show that when other countries who have gold with us ask for it, they are given the finger.  There is also a shady thing with that manhatten vault, where there is a goldman sachs vault underground at the same place.  It is all very shady and looks like a conspiracy.  The problem is that when you try to talk to the average person about these things, or even about how much money was spent killing people in Iraq, they look at you like you are talking about space aliens.  This crap will continue as long as people refuse to come out side of their suburban bliss.

I loled at the secede plan.  Texas won't do that, it is all just bluster.  If they try I guess we will have our second civil war!
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 05:18:40 PM

The U.S. government needs to tread lightly with Texas. Texas is the only state that has it written right into their enabling act that they can legally secede and become a separate country.

Now, we wouldn't want to lose Texas. They are big enough to hold the entire population of the U.s.  And that's just about what would happen if they seceded. Most of the country would move there.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 05:21:30 PM

The U.S. government needs to tread lightly with Texas. Texas is the only state that has it written right into their enabling act that they can legally secede and become a separate country.

Now, we wouldn't want to lose Texas. They are big enough to hold the entire population of the U.s.  And that's just about what would happen if they seceded. Most of the country would move there.

Smiley

Would be the first free nation in over 100 years... oh ya that would be some immigration.
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 05:25:39 PM

This is interesting.  There have been questions about the gold reserves going all the way back to Nixon, when we left the gold standard.  To my knowledge there has never been an audit of the reserves since.  And I saw on a show that when other countries who have gold with us ask for it, they are given the finger.  There is also a shady thing with that manhatten vault, where there is a goldman sachs vault underground at the same place.  It is all very shady and looks like a conspiracy.  The problem is that when you try to talk to the average person about these things, or even about how much money was spent killing people in Iraq, they look at you like you are talking about space aliens.  This crap will continue as long as people refuse to come out side of their suburban bliss.

I loled at the secede plan.  Texas won't do that, it is all just bluster.  If they try I guess we will have our second civil war!

Texas lawmakers may not, but the citizens may push for it.  Especially with the currently ongoing unwanted military "training exercise" currently underway.

Another reason why counties may never see their gold again, look into the missing gold that was under the world trade centers on 9/11.  That will lead you down a LONG rabbit hole of research...
anderson00673

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 05:35:34 PM

Texas lawmakers may not, but the citizens may push for it.  Especially with the currently ongoing unwanted military "training exercise" currently underway.

Another reason why counties may never see their gold again, look into the missing gold that was under the world trade centers on 9/11.  That will lead you down a LONG rabbit hole of research...

Huh, I never heard of the missing gold under the trade centers.  Thanks buddy, now my weekend is gone!

And @BADecker don't be so sure, Texas is a red state.  I like living where I am, we have actual freedoms here like freedom of religion, lack of racism, etc.  I am not saying that everyone in Texas is a racist, or party to religious oppression, but it tends to go with the territory.  I have never been to Texas so I could be wrong, maybe it is the exception to the rule.  But the red states I have been to fit the pattern.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:33:47 PM

I guess this explains Jade Helm.
runpaint

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:43:54 PM

Abandoning the Fed could be seen as an act of secession

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:24:54 PM

Yeah after further reading and a little bit of noggin tickin' it looks like Texas just told the feds to go jump in a lake and singed it into law. The response appears to be a massive military "exercise" now underway. I hope they realize Texas is more than just a polygamist commune lead by a guy who claims to be Jesus Christ.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 11:20:09 PM

Yeah after further reading and a little bit of noggin tickin' it looks like Texas just told the feds to go jump in a lake and singed it into law. The response appears to be a massive military "exercise" now underway. I hope they realize Texas is more than just a polygamist commune lead by a guy who claims to be Jesus Christ.

I think those military exercises were planned well in advance of this.
Still, this whole thing of Texas having their own gold is
pretty shocking news, Bitcoin or not.  The fact that
they will accept Bitcoin makes it even nuts.

OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 01:30:03 AM

Re foreign gold held by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, at least some of even Germany's gold is held there for convenience in German Central Bank operations, as stated by the German Central Bank itself (look it up).

The Netherlands formally asked for much of theirs back, they got it OK by secret shipment (that news is also online).

Nonetheless, were I a central banker of any country holding significant amount of gold at the FRBNY, I would publicly ask for at least some of it back as we..

DO keep in mind that the FRBNY holds very little of US national gold, the bulk of our gold is held at Ft. Knox.

I really like the idea of Texas holding its own gold there as well as offering custody of gold for whomever wants it.

Texas Trivia (disclosure, I used to live there):

1)  By treaty (nation to nation), Texas is allowed, if it should so choose, to secede from the USA.

2)  Also by treaty, Texas is allowed to break itself up into FIVE states.  Hmm.  The Austin area (however you would draw the boundaries) would get their two D-Team senators, but the other eight would be R-Team.  Hmm.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: