Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:16:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The legends of bitcointalk should make our own altcoin together, thoughts?  (Read 9179 times)
cryptopaths (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 01:51:28 AM

A lot of us seniors of the bitcointalk community have made a decent amount of bitcoin over our time here. By way of selling goods, trading altcoins etc. My thoughts are for some of the powerplayers to come together and create a new altcoin that makes some real profit for all of us involved and also for the rest of the community, I want this coin to leave all the others in the dust. I want this coin to be cutting edge and provide great features to the crypto ecosystem and be a real competitor in the space.

To be involved in this project you have to have some seniority in the bitcointalk community (or bitcoin community in general) and you need to have 5 bitcoins to put towards the project to show your serious (These terms may be able to be waived if you have some other extremely useful skill) . Note* I will not be controlling other group members bitcoins so you don't need to have any fear in me scamming you.

So what do you say? Legends of bitcointalk we may have had arguments with each other before but this right here is our chance to really make it big to make more profit then we have ever had before.

Some people say the glory days of altcoins are over, I say they've just begun. Leave a reply and message me if you're interested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:11:29 AM

Legends of bitcointalk we may have had arguments with each other before but this right here is our chance to really make it big to make more profit then we have ever had before.

Huh with motives like this kinda defeats the whole purpose of geniune alt currency creation  Roll Eyes
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:12:36 AM

It could be really interesting if it isn´t a clone of rest even of BTC. But I dont see any powerfull reason to Legends want do it, They must have his own safe investments.
cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:15:12 AM

Legends of bitcointalk we may have had arguments with each other before but this right here is our chance to really make it big to make more profit then we have ever had before.

Huh with motives like this kinda defeats the whole purpose of geniune alt currency creation  Roll Eyes

Why is making money shunned upon so much? Just because we'll be making money doesn't make our efforts any less genuine.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:17:19 AM

Huh with motives like this kinda defeats the whole purpose of geniune alt currency creation  Roll Eyes

Why is making money shunned upon so much? Just because we'll be making money doesn't make our efforts any less genuine.

because alts created to make the devs money are the very definition of a scamcoin, again whats the point in being an alterative to the greedy banker controlled fiat, if we ourselves become the greedy bankers, but thats lost on alot of people around this place.
cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:21:10 AM

Huh with motives like this kinda defeats the whole purpose of geniune alt currency creation  Roll Eyes

because alts created to make the devs money are the very definition of a scamcoin, again whats the point in being an alterative to the greedy banker controlled fiat, if we ourselves become the greedy bankers, but thats lost on alot of people around this place.

I don't think you understand what a scam is. We are in know way stealing anything we are just providing a service and profiting off of it.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:23:04 AM

Profits should be made because of innovation and features, not 15 seconds of DOGE fame or some Garza-like stunt. Focus on substance, not the end game.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:27:44 AM

I don't think you understand what a scam is. We are in know way stealing anything we are just providing a service and profiting off of it.

while certainly there are win win scenerios in many comercial endeavours, creating crypto currencies (as suggested) certainly aint one of them ie here in order for you to make profit someone has to make a loss, so you are basically suggesting legendary members use their status create a coin to profit of newbies.

you can go on,and on with a defensive arguement, now, any way you like,use whatever semantics you like, but its the underlining truth to your OP.
cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:29:43 AM

while certainly there are win win scenerios in many comercial endeavours, creating crypto currencies certainly aint one of them ie here in order for you to make profit someone has to make a loss, so you are basically suggesting legendary members use their status create a coin to profit of newbies.

you can go on,and on with a defensive arguement, now, any way you like,use whatever semantics you like, but its the underlining truth to your OP.

So you're saying this is a scam coin because some people could make a profit and other people could make a loss? The same thing is true for literally every other coin and every stock on the stock market.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:33:02 AM

while certainly there are win win scenerios in many comercial endeavours, creating crypto currencies certainly aint one of them ie here in order for you to make profit someone has to make a loss, so you are basically suggesting legendary members use their status create a coin to profit of newbies.

So you're saying this is a scam coin because some people could make a profit and other people could make a loss? The same thing is true for literally every other coin and every stock on the stock market.

for every coins todate 99.9% of the time mostly yes (up until this point in time), for stock market many many win win situations with profit making commercial ventures so no not true in that case.

but tis all irrelevent, you can argue all day long but you stated your motives crystal clear in the OP.
cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:40:39 AM

for every coins todate 99.9% of the time mostly yes (up until this point in time), for stock market many many win win situations with profit making commercial ventures so no not true in that case.

but tis all irrelevent, you can argue all day long but you stated your motives crystal clear in the OP.

Yes I said I wanted to make money and no were have I denied that since. Why are you trying to make it look like I'm trying to cover up that making money is a motive?
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:44:02 AM

A coin like this already exists.  Bitshares doesn't try to hide that it's in it for profit, or to create some kind of business model, however you want to look at it.  Whether you believe the development has created qualities that will succeed or not is up to your judgement.  Personally, I can't keep up with either Darkcoin or Bitshares development because it seems like there's some kind of drastic change every week.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 03:50:12 AM

Yes I said I wanted to make money and no were have I denied that since. Why are you trying to make it look like I'm trying to cover up that making money is a motive?

i agree you haven't denied or tried to cover up that your motive is to make money (funny here is one place that can be used both literally and figuratively)
ExtremeFacials.com

Activity: 190
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 07:48:00 AM

i agree you haven't denied or tried to cover up that your motive is to make money (funny here is one place that can be used both literally and figuratively)

man, you got some serious identity issues bro!! aren't you a day trader ... what a fucking joke ...

you're like one of those sexually confused guys who can be literally sucking a strangers cock in a public toilet at 10pm, then goes 'poofter bashing' at midnight.

you're here trading cryptos to make 'honest' money without scamming anyone, right? so why go hating on another guy who might be doing the same?
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:08:52 AM

it could be good idea depends on who is in "legendry" team.

Issue is that once altcoin reaches certain amount people start getting greedy and doing it online with other people can come bite you in the ass. If you want to create an altcoin do it with people who live around you so you can have face to face chat and monitor each other to make sure other person don't get greedy.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:09:56 AM

man, you got some serious identity issues bro!! aren't you a day trader ... what a fucking joke ...

you're like one of those sexually confused guys who can be literally sucking a strangers cock in a public toilet at 10pm, then goes 'poofter bashing' at midnight.

you're here trading cryptos to make 'honest' money without scamming anyone, right? so why go hating on another guy who might be doing the same?

strong username to post content. made me spit my coffee the moment I looked at your username

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:22:06 AM

there's guys actually like that? guess you and i hang in different circles Wink

seriously though you do know how modern currency get their price (and without they'd have no value)?

i can say (with all consistency) that i've never made a cent of fiat out of my crypto trading. nore any fiat out of my crypto testing and development.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 11:45:08 PM

Leaving out profit that it can generate to investors,I consider that the legends have a "prestige" won and respect. Coin could be a succesfull or in the case opposite only fail. You can imagine if someone decide launch same but on newbie version but with very good improvements and take a better place that it coin, It could be shamefull, In addition there are very  good  projects with years ahead with excellents devs working each day.
If you are really convinced you could do this trust, Announcing an roadmap at least, Or at least you could speak about how many BTC you need at least to begin to do something really out of the ordinary like to BTC for example.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:09:15 AM

I see all this talk about legends, but all I see here are heroes.

Cool Cheesy

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:50:27 AM

I see all this talk about legends, but all I see here are heroes.

Cool Cheesy

hero's are only 100 or so spam away from being legends  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: