Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:42:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The legends of bitcointalk should make our own altcoin together, thoughts?  (Read 9179 times)
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:53:41 AM

I see OP joined bitcointalk last February.

What is your definition of "legends"?
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptopaths (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:28:43 AM

I see OP joined bitcointalk last February.

What is your definition of "legends"?

leg·end
ˈlejənd/

an extremely famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field.
"the man was a living legend"
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 07:25:30 AM

A lot of us seniors of the bitcointalk community have made a decent amount of bitcoin over our time here. By way of selling goods, trading altcoins etc. My thoughts are for some of the powerplayers to come together and create a new altcoin that makes some real profit for all of us involved and also for the rest of the community, I want this coin to leave all the others in the dust. I want this coin to be cutting edge and provide great features to the crypto ecosystem and be a real competitor in the space.

To be involved in this project you have to have some seniority in the bitcointalk community (or bitcoin community in general) and you need to have 5 bitcoins to put towards the project to show your serious (These terms may be able to be waived if you have some other extremely useful skill) . Note* I will not be controlling other group members bitcoins so you don't need to have any fear in me scamming you.

So what do you say? Legends of bitcointalk we may have had arguments with each other before but this right here is our chance to really make it big to make more profit then we have ever had before.

Some people say the glory days of altcoins are over, I say they've just begun. Leave a reply and message me if you're interested.

Why not get together and support one existing legit project...?  I was gonna say Cannabiscoin...  The Cannabis industry is gonna be big.  But the people behind Cannabiscoin are going through a little bump right now.  Maybe next year.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 07:39:03 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2015, 07:49:53 AM by BitcoinNational

1.  TALK is the bitcointalk coin and has been around for 16 months.  Any legends wanting to talk the time to download it can have a fistfull (from me).  Heros can have some too.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864994.0

2.  Cannabiscoins are in talks towards getting together and support one project.   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=874423.0

3.  If CON wants to focus on the extremely famous and/or notorious persons of BCT, I support that idea.  It looks like there is a growing team of talent actively working on CON.  

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 07:44:49 AM

I think whatever you choose to do, it would be better to just get involved in a current Coin rather than starting a new one or to do a project that can benefit current Coins and create profit as a result.

Just a bit of information, if you want to get listed on Bittrex, they want you to pay them 3 BTC, Block explorers generally cost 0.2 BTC and then hosting of nodes and mining (if POW), and then advertising, paying for developers and then the whole question of how it will be able to create profit after the initial pump.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 07:53:42 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2015, 08:27:57 AM by Crestington

1.  TALK is the bitcointalk coin and has been around for 16 months.  Any legends wanting to talk the time to download can have a fistfull (from me).  Heros can have some too.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864994.0

2.  Cannabiscoins are in talks towards getting together and support one project.   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=874423.0

3.  If CON wants to focus on the extremely famous and/or notorious persons of BCT, I support that idea.  It looks like there is a growing team of talent actively working on CON.  

I would really like that to have the more famous and/or notorious people to help me with working and shaping CON. I do not want to have it where people assume that it is my Coin because that would ultimately hinder it's progress, it only tends to be that way because I put so much work into leading it. I want people to throw down ideas and help make it great because the people that hold it and have been involved are the already the most upstanding people in Crypto. Any information you guys might want I can provide if you think it might help facilitate the process.
mitchellmint
Legendary

Activity: 1139
Merit: 1000

TRUSTplus Dev

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 04:48:32 PM

I liked coinssources Dev recognition http://www.coinssource.com/coins-source-introduces-proof-honor-poh-nominate-vote-win/  Proof of Honor was an excellent program.

The next phase of Bitcoin is SideChaining, secure public one-to-one sprocket to bitcoin.  Currently, a new pegged coin would require a central coin holder to distribute as people peg their alts to BTC.  The problem lies in creating new coins without centralization.  Best solution I can come up with is creating instance of a new coin each time you peg to BTC, and weaving these instances around our individual alt coins.

If we can create a group on GIT, starting with a hackcoin SHA256 (Bitminers) and all agree on the leading integer not related to our coins, we could make a hell of an adapter for BTC with AltCoins.

Buy TRUSTplus.  We are building a Financial Platform.
mitchellmint
Legendary

TRUSTplus Dev

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 04:56:07 PM

A lot of us seniors of the bitcointalk community have made a decent amount of bitcoin over our time here. By way of selling goods, trading altcoins etc. My thoughts are for some of the powerplayers to come together and create a new altcoin that makes some real profit for all of us involved and also for the rest of the community, I want this coin to leave all the others in the dust. I want this coin to be cutting edge and provide great features to the crypto ecosystem and be a real competitor in the space.

To be involved in this project you have to have some seniority in the bitcointalk community (or bitcoin community in general) and you need to have 5 bitcoins to put towards the project to show your serious (These terms may be able to be waived if you have some other extremely useful skill) . Note* I will not be controlling other group members bitcoins so you don't need to have any fear in me scamming you.

So what do you say? Legends of bitcointalk we may have had arguments with each other before but this right here is our chance to really make it big to make more profit then we have ever had before.

Some people say the glory days of altcoins are over, I say they've just begun. Leave a reply and message me if you're interested.

Not needed anymore.
We have Monero.

Monero is  an awesome brand.  How do we create a mechanical connection with MONERO and BTC?  We all agree BTC is what we are measured against.  If we were successful in using our blockchains to "Gear-Up" to BTC, we potentially will bring depth to BTC, and reduce its load.  Our individual efforts will still be rewarded by offering more services by our brand.

The idea is not to create a new coin, but a coin to bridge all coins mechanically.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:05:47 PM

I liked coinssources Dev recognition http://www.coinssource.com/coins-source-introduces-proof-honor-poh-nominate-vote-win/  Proof of Honor was an excellent program.

The next phase of Bitcoin is SideChaining, secure public one-to-one sprocket to bitcoin.  Currently, a new pegged coin would require a central coin holder to distribute as people peg their alts to BTC.  The problem lies in creating new coins without centralization.  Best solution I can come up with is creating instance of a new coin each time you peg to BTC, and weaving these instances around our individual alt coins.

If we can create a group on GIT, starting with a hackcoin SHA256 (Bitminers) and all agree on the leading integer not related to our coins, we could make a hell of an adapter for BTC with AltCoins.

I think one of the things holding back so many long-termers getting together is the fact that all the ones really capable are already working on different Coins and do not want to abandon their own projects or create new projects in which would further dilute the investment base.

I really liked the Proof of Honor program myself, I had nominated Kingscrown from Exclusivecoin but voted for Sunny King (creator of Proof of Stake). What I didn't like about it was that you only had one choice, I would have liked to have been able to vote for more than one person.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 05:13:19 PM

I think one of the things holding back so many long-termers getting together is the fact that all the ones really capable are already working on different Coins and do not want to abandon their own projects or create new projects in which would further dilute the investment base.

^^^ This and also probably that there are enough coins already. Let's start making some of the good ones great, and quit making new coins.

I see all this talk about legends, but all I see here are heroes.

Cool Cheesy

Hi Friend! Cheesy
thedok

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:35:16 PM

i think they already releasing scam coins daily anyways
mitchellmint
Legendary

TRUSTplus Dev

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 05:37:47 PM

What if the coin could only be mined one-to-one with a BTC ??  Problem with these new AltCoins is they are backed by a promise and very little asset.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:47:21 PM

^^^ This and also probably that there are enough coins already. Let's start making some of the good ones great, and quit making new coins.

I see all this talk about legends, but all I see here are heroes.

Cool Cheesy

Hi Friend! Cheesy

Yes and this is a good example because you have been working of Goldcoin for ages but not about to just abandon all the people that rely on you for a new Coin and creating many new Coins becomes a negative aspect. We can take iGotSpots for example in that he's made nearly a dozen different Coins and recently has come under fire for all the abandoned Coins and mergers.

I would like to work together with more people, there are lots of great people around the forums so how could that be achieved without creating new Coins and further diluting the total investment base?
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:48:29 PM

What if the coin could only be mined one-to-one with a BTC ??  Problem with these new AltCoins is they are backed by a promise and very little asset.

NameCoin is already merge mined one-to-one with BTC.
mitchellmint
Legendary

TRUSTplus Dev

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 06:04:14 PM

Im just typing out loud here, nothing promised but just a side chain discussion.  Imagine ZZZ coin without any means of PoW or PoS.  The only way ZZZ coin is rewarded is with a peg to BTC, and the only way to release the BTC peg is the destruction of the ZZZ coin.  Miners receive the Fees.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 06:18:59 PM

Im just typing out loud here, nothing promised but just a side chain discussion.  Imagine ZZZ coin without any means of PoW or PoS.  The only way ZZZ coin is rewarded is with a peg to BTC, and the only way to release the BTC peg is the destruction of the ZZZ coin.  Miners receive the Fees.

You can already do that with Coinprism and create colored Coins or is what you are talking about significantly different? I think Blackcoin already has something similar with Bithalo and that works through bitmessage where you would create a redeemscript through BTC.

I've been thinking about how one would create a type of android app in which your wallet would connect through SSH and passwordless login (recent QR type cryptography) to connect to where you are hosting from. The same could be done for all types of OS so you can connect with your entire basket of Coins and rely more on Linux which is the easiest to build for.
mitchellmint
Legendary

TRUSTplus Dev

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 06:28:17 PM

You can already do that with Coinprism and create colored Coins or is what you are talking about significantly different? I think Blackcoin already has something similar with Bithalo and that works through bitmessage where you would create a redeemscript through BTC.

I've been thinking about how one would create a type of android app in which your wallet would connect through SSH and passwordless login (recent QR type cryptography) to connect to where you are hosting from. The same could be done for all types of OS so you can connect with your entire basket of Coins and rely more on Linux which is the easiest to build for.

I use DYN with a certificate on my cellphone.  I am all for making the basket where all coins, and future coins have the same chance at spending.  I think CoinPrism is a great idea, I am Late Again!  Colored coins would make perfect sidechains with very little coding.

2bacco

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

The Smoker Friendly Coin 2BACCO

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 06:35:15 PM

I have a 'new' coin, less than one month, 2BACCO Coin,

it is backed by smokers who want to buy cigarettes with 2bacco coins.

Real money backing is what many of the coins lack, but 2bacco coin already has some of that,

but 2bacco coin offers smokers the opportunity to speculate by investing into 2bacco coins,

and smokers can also buy cigarettes online with 2bacco coins.

Non-smokers are also welcome to invest into 2bacco coins, and use 2bacco coins for purchases
other than cigarettes, if they chose.
In fact, that is a way of trying to be friendly to smokers,
we should all try to make friends I think.

The concept of working with other people as a group to launch a coin, does interest me,
I'm not a legendary member though, I will be watching this thread to see if everyone can come up with something or not. One of the shortcomings of almost all of the coins, is that opportunities are given to miners, whereas the investors or traders who do not mine coins, are left to buy the coins at often inflated prices, so why should investors or traders who didn't mine the coin, even buy the coin in the first place? Ok, well, 2bacco coin is different, because smokers do buy cigarettes, and will continue to buy cigarettes.

as more smokers chose to buy their cigarettes with 2bacco coins, then 2bacco coin will
become an ever more successful crypto currency

I am not spamming, I am trying to show you that 2bacco coin is backed by real money from smokers who are already spending money on cigarettes all the time anyways, but it is just a matter of smokers redirecting their money into/through 2bacco coin, and then smokers get the extra excitement of investing into a speculative crypto coin, The Smoker Friendly Coin, and possibly earning increase from their investment, while at the same time supporting the concepts of how to be friendly to smokers.

2BACCO Coin |  Main Thread At Bitcointalk.org |  Crowdfunding | Upgrading to POS | Add 2bacco To Mining Pools | Mine 2bacco |
2BACCO.COM | 2BACCO CROWDFUNDING | Twitter for @2bacco_2bacco | Facebook 2bacco coin page                                                                I Look Forwards To Buying My Cigarettes With 2bacco coin
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 04:56:43 AM

A lot of us seniors of the bitcointalk community have made a decent amount of bitcoin over our time here. B

Just curious as to how being here just a little over a year makes you a "Senior".

~BCX~
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:18:10 AM

1.  TALK is the bitcointalk coin and has been around for 16 months.  Any legends wanting to talk the time to download it can have a fistfull (from me).  Heros can have some too.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864994.0

+1
TALK is a hidden gem, good distro story without any BS. Much better to support a coin like TALK than boot up another worthless alt
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: