Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:23:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The legends of bitcointalk should make our own altcoin together, thoughts?  (Read 9185 times)
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:42:27 AM

I thought thundertoe doesnt know code and gave TEK to noise23? Why would he be on the list of best devs?

I am fairly sure that he is one of mudderfudder's socks or "candygirls".

He msg'd and/or PM'd me saying he was vegan and how launching Vegancoin was a good idea.

VeganCoin is a good idea but MeatCoin is better.

100% Proof of Steak!!!

Why is it so many of you VEGANaphoebic meatheads think that pictures of meat will scare and/or offend us ?

Do you guys ever wonder how much my sleuthing/trolling has cost you guys ? .. I mean.. how much the potential investors have saved ? Roll Eyes

The few "thank you"s and "holy shit you were right dude !"s I have recieved tells me it must be a fortune ! Wink

HOWaHANDFULofEARLYadoptersANDshitclonersFUCKEDtheCRYPTOmovementCOIN will right those wrongs. Believe it.

edit

Tongue

Why is it that Vegans care so much about saving animals from being eaten but hate people so much? You know how many Vegans I've met that have a chip on their shoulder? Would be easier to count the ones that didn't have some vendetta against people that don't care about being vegan Tongue

So when was the last time you spent your time actually contributing to any Coin instead bashing it or other people? I'm sure you think you are saving everyone from themselves but you also need to have as much or more positive influence than just negative....
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 05:31:12 AM

I thought thundertoe doesnt know code and gave TEK to noise23? Why would he be on the list of best devs?

He msg'd and/or PM'd me saying he was vegan and how launching Vegancoin was a good idea.

100% Proof of Steak!!!

Why is it so many of you VEGANaphoebic meatheads think that pictures of meat will scare and/or offend us ?

Do you guys ever wonder how much my sleuthing/trolling has cost you guys ? .. I mean.. how much the potential investors have saved ? Roll Eyes

The few "thank you"s and "holy shit you were right dude !"s I have recieved tells me it must be a fortune ! Wink

HOWaHANDFULofEARLYadoptersANDshitclonersFUCKEDtheCRYPTOmovementCOIN will right those wrongs. Believe it.

edit

Tongue

Why is it that Vegans care so much about saving animals from being eaten but hate people so much? You know how many Vegans I've met that have a chip on their shoulder? Would be easier to count the ones that didn't have some vendetta against people that don't care about being vegan Tongue

So when was the last time you spent your time actually contributing to any Coin instead bashing it or other people? I'm sure you think you are saving everyone from themselves but you also need to have as much or more positive influence than just negative....

I despise scammers.. not people.

The "bashing" and "saving people from themselves" are both side effects of my unbiased evaluation of said scam coins.

Now excuse me while think of new ways to shamelessly plug HOWaHANDFULofEARLYadoptersANDshitclonersFUCKEDtheCRYPTOmovementCOIN. Grin

Much innovation..

Such noob..

lol

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:12:48 AM

100% Proof of Steak!!!

edit

Tongue

The "bashing" and "saving people from themselves" are both side effects of my unbiased evaluation of said scam coins.

Now excuse me while think of new ways to shamelessly plug HOWaHANDFULofEARLYadoptersANDshitclonersFUCKEDtheCRYPTOmovementCOIN. Grin

Much innovation..

Such noob..

lol

lol, like your love of Monero which is both a shitcoin and shamelessly plugged.
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:06:42 AM

what an insane comment!! Monero might have some supporters that irritate you, but nobody who follows crypto in any detail can seriously say it's a shitcoin, please! You don't have to like it, but around here 'shitcoin' is almost a technical term with a very definite meaning, and XMR doesn't fit that moniker anymore than NXT or LTC or Ripple ... or any of the other 20 decent alt coins going around.
rnicoll

Activity: 199
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:21:11 AM

while certainly there are win win scenerios in many comercial endeavours, creating crypto currencies (as suggested) certainly aint one of them ie here in order for you to make profit someone has to make a loss, so you are basically suggesting legendary members use their status create a coin to profit of newbies.

you can go on,and on with a defensive arguement, now, any way you like,use whatever semantics you like, but its the underlining truth to your OP.

I'd add that I'm fairly certain no "fair launch" coin since Litecoin has made significant profits for the devs. Unless the devs are launching with a full mining farm behind them to turn on at launch, much better equipped people will make the vast majority of the early profits.

Dogecoin Core developer, ex-researcher, trader.

Unless stated otherwise, opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect that of other Dogecoin developers.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 11:56:11 AM

100% Proof of Steak!!!

edit

Tongue

Much innovation..

Such noob..

lol

Where did you dream this up ?

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 03:25:40 PM

Why is it that Vegans care so much about saving animals from being eaten but hate people so much?

"That's the thing you gotta remember about WASPs. They love animals, but they can't stand people." - Gordon Gekko.

Cheesy

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 12:16:43 AM

Why is it that Vegans care so much about saving animals from being eaten but hate people so much?

@Crestington

The correct question is....

If Vegans love animals so much then why do they eat all of their food?

Back on topic

So what's the progress on this legends coin?

~BCX~

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:08:08 AM

@Crestington

Back on topic

~BCX~

its obvious vegans don't love animals they just really hate plants  Shocked
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:13:51 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2015, 10:26:15 AM by Crestington

Ha well I'm glad I was able to stir the pot a bit but I doubt you would ever get all your legends into one Coin. Think of movies with an all-star cast, can't find any good ones because there are too many big personalities in one place and it's about the chemistry of the group, the ones that would collaborate with each other will naturally end up doing so. The bottom line is that is you want to have your Coin of Legends then you should create it the way you want and try to collaborate with the people you consider to be legendary.

Also, there is no point is creating a new coin because if you want a Bitcoin/Peercoin based Coin then you can pretty much just takeover any dead or dying Coin and bagholders will love you for it. You really can change just about anything about a Coin, you just need a plan and that it will benefit holders and bring some good tech. Let's say for example you really wanted a VeganCoin (lol), a name change is only a search and replace away, throw is some plant based theme's, some useful features, get some Botany markets going and wala you've got yourself a little Vegan ecosystem.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:19:56 PM

A lot of us seniors of the bitcointalk community have made a decent amount of bitcoin over our time here. By way of selling goods, trading altcoins etc. My thoughts are for some of the powerplayers to come together and create a new altcoin that makes some real profit for all of us involved and also for the rest of the community, I want this coin to leave all the others in the dust. I want this coin to be cutting edge and provide great features to the crypto ecosystem and be a real competitor in the space.

To be involved in this project you have to have some seniority in the bitcointalk community (or bitcoin community in general) and you need to have 5 bitcoins to put towards the project to show your serious (These terms may be able to be waived if you have some other extremely useful skill) . Note* I will not be controlling other group members bitcoins so you don't need to have any fear in me scamming you.

So what do you say? Legends of bitcointalk we may have had arguments with each other before but this right here is our chance to really make it big to make more profit then we have ever had before.

Some people say the glory days of altcoins are over, I say they've just begun. Leave a reply and message me if you're interested.

Wait... do Hero Members count?

Also, I'd do it for kicks but trying to make profit on it, nope I don't wanna screw ppl.
cryptopaths (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:10:56 PM

I gave the criteria for joining but this basically turned into a clusterfuck once people started naming all there shitcoins. If we want this coin to get off the ground and be a success you guys need to be more focused.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 02:17:26 AM

@Crestington

Back on topic

~BCX~

Are your tracking pixels legendary aswell ?

How many have abandoned cryptos thanks to assholes like you ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341146.0

@Psy

Hella good catch mate.

One of my fav all time tricks.

Just glad they aren't that smart in the alt section LOL

~BCX~

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:14:42 AM

@Crestington

Back on topic

~BCX~

Are your tracking pixels legendary aswell ?

How many have abandoned cryptos thanks to assholes like you ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341146.0

@Psy

Hella good catch mate.

One of my fav all time tricks.

Just glad they aren't that smart in the alt section LOL

~BCX~

That wasn't "Legendary" per se it was just a cool little trick that worked like a charm.

I didn't do anything illegal, nefarious or unethical as that is not in the spirit of "crypto"

But I was able to tie IP's listed in many clients peer list to a visit on a pic I hosted here in Bitcointalk before the image proxy.

Tracking pixels on images hosted on my server is 100% legal.

Just harmless research back in 2010/2011 Mate and nothing more.

~BCX~
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 03:27:53 AM

Instead of jumping on the "lets make yet another shitcoin" bandwagon how about instead a team of legends and heroes sets out to update, in chronological order by launch date, all the existing coins, fix all their bugs, see to it all relevant BIPs are applied and so on?

Since a given size/efficiency of team would have some given finite number of coins they could bring up to date before the oldest is out of date again, this approach will probably only be able to deal wit the first so many months or years worth of coins before finding it needs to forget the more-recent ones for now and go back to the start again, maybe this time being able tp update more coins in less time.

So maybe eventually, especially if the team grows, each time through the chronological list they would be able to update more coins before the oldest needs updating again.

Hopefully they will be unlikely to get so fast at this that shitcoins being launched today will ever be reached, but who cares about shitcoins being launched today when there are so many coins launched years ago that not only have not been kept up to date but also have not even been worked on at all but the "developers" (as they like apparently to call themselves) who are ptting out shitcoins today.

Consider for example Tenebrix and Fairbrix, the first and second scrypt coins. Even by the time the third scrypt coin, Litecoin, came out we already were seeing this bullshit of people putting out some new piece of crap of their own instead of fixing the piece of crap the end-users were already invested into.

This Coblee fellow some of you seem to like is actually one of the early perpetrators of spamming out a new scam instead of fixing the ones end-users were already using.

Instead of updating the (really old, horrible) code of Tenebrix and Fairbrix, he just stole their idea and rendered a clone based on newer code (Litecoin), leaving the user-base already invested into the scrypt concept to rot.

Not a nice guy. Did anyone suspect he might just up and abandon Litecoin at some point? Seems like a no-brainer.

So, chronology. Somewhere there was a thread.

Bitcoin, namecoin, ixcoin, i0coin, tenebrix, fairbrix, was it? Or what, exactly? Lets get launch dates in sequence and see what real heroes of the people can accomplish...

Note that Tenebrix's pre-mine, which was the excuse for creating fairbrix and naming it fair, is still out there, so might well be available for bounties for getting Tenebrix out of the stoneage.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
murderouskirk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:17:52 AM

Sounds fun to me. I'm in.

I can provide a real time discussion environment in my slack group if needed.

Instead of jumping on the "lets make yet another shitcoin" bandwagon how about instead a team of legends and heroes sets out to update, in chronological order by launch date, all the existing coins, fix all their bugs, see to it all relevant BIPs are applied and so on?

Since a given size/efficiency of team would have some given finite number of coins they could bring up to date before the oldest is out of date again, this approach will probably only be able to deal wit the first so many months or years worth of coins before finding it needs to forget the more-recent ones for now and go back to the start again, maybe this time being able tp update more coins in less time.

So maybe eventually, especially if the team grows, each time through the chronological list they would be able to update more coins before the oldest needs updating again.

Hopefully they will be unlikely to get so fast at this that shitcoins being launched today will ever be reached, but who cares about shitcoins being launched today when there are so many coins launched years ago that not only have not been kept up to date but also have not even been worked on at all but the "developers" (as they like apparently to call themselves) who are ptting out shitcoins today.

Consider for example Tenebrix and Fairbrix, the first and second scrypt coins. Even by the time the third scrypt coin, Litecoin, came out we already were seeing this bullshit of people putting out some new piece of crap of their own instead of fixing the piece of crap the end-users were already invested into.

This Coblee fellow some of you seem to like is actually one of the early perpetrators of spamming out a new scam instead of fixing the ones end-users were already using.

Instead of updating the (really old, horrible) code of Tenebrix and Fairbrix, he just stole their idea and rendered a clone based on newer code (Litecoin), leaving the user-base already invested into the scrypt concept to rot.

Not a nice guy. Did anyone suspect he might just up and abandon Litecoin at some point? Seems like a no-brainer.

Bitcoin, namecoin, ixcoin, i0coin, tenebrix, fairbrix, was it? Or what, exactly? Lets get launch dates in sequence and see what real heroes of the people can accomplish...

Note that Tenebrix's pre-mine, which was the excuse for creating fairbrix and naming it fair, is still out there, so might well be available for bounties for getting Tenebrix out of the stoneage.

-MarkM-

This is interesting, but also a lot of work. And when there's a lot of work involved, people will need to be incentivised. The group doing the work would inevitably buy up the coin, fix / overhaul it, then launch the updates increasing the value of the coin.

Which I don't see anything wrong with personally. I think it's a good idea. It would revitalize a lot of dead and broken markets, and do a lot of good for all the bagholders that got screwed over.

I also really like the idea of getting as many Hero+ members into one room, fighting over ideas, and coming out with a new coin.
kjadB

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:24:15 AM

-MarkM-

In a perfect world you're approach makes sense, but here in cryptoland I can't see this working. Too much co-ordination required to keep all the 'egos' working on multiple coins, and so many greedy people here, especially heroes & legends.

A better approach IMO is "My Fair Lady Coin" - a consortium of 'Henry Higgins' heroes/legends finds an existing 'Eliza Doolittle' with potential and turns that coin into a top 10 powerhouse. I can almost see this as a reality TV show. It would be fun and engaging for newbies, with lots of positive promotional/marketing feedback loops.

"Doolittle coin" , the ugly duckling necro'd into a black swan with more bullshit marketing potential than Doge - it's so wrong you know it's right!!

edit: how much marketing power from the audition process from existing shit coins would there be ... HUGE! The Apprentice meets Shark-tank
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:33:49 AM

-MarkM-

Lolcust aka ArtForz created Tenebrix as an experiment only.

Coblee created Fairbrix 1 and Fairbrix 2 and then created Litecoin.

Kind of hard to steal your own code.

Like Tenebrix, Both Fairbrix chains were experiments only.

Art still holds about 7.7 million Tenebrix.

~BCX~

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 04:37:02 AM

"Dead" coins can be extremely lucrative. I made probably at least half my bitcoins simply by CPU-mining BBQcoin for a year or so while it was out of the public eye then selling it before it got on an exchange to people who wanted to revive it and get it onto an exchange. So I didn't even have to wait for it to get (back?) onto an exchange in order to rake in hundreds of bitcoins for a year of devoting one CPU-core to it.

So yeah there are fortunes to be made on coins so "dead" that you don't even need a GPU to mine them. Devote a CPU core each to them while preparing a shiny new version, hopefully with merged mining as a subchain included so that, unlike BBQcoin, it need not die again as soon as it comes back into the public eye due to rape and pillage miners who perforce have to jump from coin to coin because coins are so seldom able to all be mined at once with merged mining; and wait for some idiot to come along with a GPU driving the electricity costs up for everyone by needlessly driving the difficulty up instead of quietly mining with just a CPU core like everyone else; at that point go public with the shiny new version, having hopefully accumulated far far more coins than the idiot who prematurely unleashed a GPU on it will make now that (s)he "forced" you to go public so (s)he now has to compete with gosh knows how many other GPU-miners or even ASIC-miners instead of co-operating quielty with the CPU-mining/dev team...

-MarkM-

EDIT: Lolcust IS Art? Wow I didn't know that. Lolcust always gave the impression of not being any kind of coder type at all.

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:43:55 AM

"Dead" coins can be extremely lucrative. I made probably at least half my bitcoins simply by CPU-mining BBQcoin for a year or so while it was out of the public eye then selling it before it got on an exchange to people who wanted to revive it and get it onto an exchange. So I didn't even have to wait for it to get (back?) onto an exchange in order to rake in hundreds of bitcoins for a year of devoting one CPU-core to it.

So yeah there are fortunes to be made on coins so "dead" that you don't even need a GPU to mine them. Devote a CPU core each to them while preparing a shiny new version, hopefully with merged mining as a subchain included so that, unlike BBQcoin, it need not die again as soon as it comes back into the public eye due to rape and pillage miners who perforce have to jump from coin to coin because coins are so seldom able to all be mined at once with merged mining; and wait for some idiot to come along with a GPU driving the electricity costs up for everyone by needlessly driving the difficulty up instead of quietly mining with just a CPU core like everyone else; at that point go public with the shiny new version, having hopefully accumulated far far more coins than the idiot who prematurely unleashed a GPU on it will make now that he "forced" you to go public so (s)he now has to compete with gosh knows how many other GPU-miners or even ASIC-miners instead of co-operating quielty with the CPU-mining/dev team...

-MarkM-

EDIT: Lolcust IS Art? Wow I didn't know that. Lolcust always gave the impression of not being any kind of coder type at all.

Lolcust, not a coder, are you effen serious???

I think your memory is going bad on you Mate.

Grin Grin Grin

~BCX~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: