Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:48:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to analyze the Bitcoin Community through Price?  (Read 414 times)
jdbtracker (OP)

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 05:08:36 AM

This Idea struck me recently as I saw the fluctuations of Bitcoin.

Under the Banner of a Price, is it possible to see the underlying Psychology of the Cryptocurrency movement?

Each time that we see a fluctuation up or down in the Bitcoin charts, our mind focuses on it's causes; Whatever those causes may be rational or irrational, it shows it is the final step of a long line of mostly hidden thought. This thought is the output of multiple related perceptions, analyzing the structure of it and bringing forth a final tally of it's relevant factors to come up with an answer that can fit the Natural World's patterns.

This understanding can bring forth completely emergent forms of voting, brought on by a analysis of common trains of thought affecting the final outcome.

What are your thoughts? What can our understanding of the Community through price achieve? What are the possibilities of building upon this meta-concept? Any Negatives?

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 05:21:33 AM

You aren't really analyzing the community through price, you're using price as a way to bookend or punctuate different periods of time that you want to put under the microscope to analyze.

Price does drive behavior, the concept of supply and demand prove this. Price can create a herd mentality, but so can press, so can world events, so can economic events...where price isn't a driver of the herd's direction but a symptom or outcome from it.

What's your point? What's your hypothesis and what's your support to prove it?

jdbtracker (OP)

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:16:01 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2015, 06:49:44 AM by jdbtracker

You aren't really analyzing the community through price, you're using price as a way to bookend or punctuate different periods of time that you want to put under the microscope to analyze.

Price does drive behavior, the concept of supply and demand prove this. Price can create a herd mentality, but so can press, so can world events, so can economic events...where price isn't a driver of the herd's direction but a symptom or outcome from it.

What's your point? What's your hypothesis and what's your support to prove it?

My thoughts?
  Everything changes, information builds on information, it's structure changes according to it's scope.  

Everyone has ideas, these ideas change them and in turn they change the world in small ways that change others; this is measurable. The list of thoughts that emerge from that idea can be absolutely known, the unknown is the amount replicated within our own thoughts and the Time & Resources we have to verify them to bring about meaningful actions.

Because of the limits that are imposed upon us by our biology, there are only so many things we can consider at one time and there is only so much that we know for sure. Each day our scientists, politicians, mechanics, engineers, laborers, perform precise calculations upon the world within these limits adding knowledge that further enhances the periphery of our Total Understanding as a species. The Names and Titles of these calculations can be as mundane as Business, Government, Corporation, or as profound as Love, Money, Power; What is the value of these Names and Titles?
 All these Names are representations of a Network of ideas whose parameters are well known. How these ideas apply and to what extent is a very dynamic problem. We as people have to choose how much these ideas apply and to what extent they influence not only ourselves but others too.

So, why not? analyze all the information containing Bitcoin, build a relational database and match it against it's price; Then apply what you learn to quantify other items that are measured with a number with the final outcome of being able to add items that have not been traditionally measured with a number, forming a large body of knowledge with precise correlations between all measured parameters.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/MkQTMZ1GidE?rel=0&fs=0&autoplay=1&width=630&height=450&iframe=true

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 06:33:42 AM

I think this is the best method of evaluating the psychology of the bitcoin community. Cause it really shows how we actually see bitcoin. I think there are three kinds of people.

1. Who is only motivated to see the price go up and down to make some quick time profit.

2. Who is only interested in the price fluctuations regarding the stability of Bitcoin market in terms of global adoption.

3. And people who sees bitcoin as a cool tech and don't give a shit about the price. (I am in this group Cheesy)

Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 12:25:18 PM

I'm not sure if I understood your statement correctly. For me price movement gives very little information on what the sentiment that is currently with the community. The point is, you can have a big sell order coming from a large whale even when the community is upbeat of the current positive development of the coin. So in a way both may not necessarily be related.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: