Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:48:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ridiculous Banking Fee's  (Read 2408 times)
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:36:42 PM

Our "beautifull" banking system @ work.

I ordered 2 nice pances from a tailor which I befriended in Thailand. I transferred 4000 bath (108 euro's) and ask the bank to let me pay for the transaction.... Boy did I regret that Smiley

The billed me for 32 euro's, only for the transfer, but now the best part, the guy in Thailand only recieved 3900 bath!? So eventhough I paid the FULL transaction, they still deducted 100 bath from this poor guy's account!!

This remains the biggest chance for crypto. There should be a global organization dedicated to promote bitcoin as a means to transfer funds in low wage countries. This guy is gonna try bitcoin next order, simply because I explained it to him as a way to avoid those ridiculous high costs for creating numbers in a computer out of thin air...

In short, how could we as a community promote this. If you look at the enormous marketing budgets from services as paypal or western union, with their same ridiculous fees, how can we make a fist to something like that?

What are your ideas?

Oh boy, banks.. The fees, ok i can understand it, every bank has similar fees but the -100 bath? That's actually robbery, you should have made a complaint because that is not fucking normal.

Get rid of banking dude..Why you need a bank if you have a bitcoin  Grin Just ask them keep shit out of it..I don't remember when I visited my bank last. I simply avoid their phone calls too, they keep on calling me to buy a new credit card..and I simply say them I don't need a credit card, I have bitcoins..and the reply from the other end would be What Is that???  Grin Grin
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:43:07 AM

One of the reasons Western Union will be one of the first to go as the first victim of Bitcoin's superiority is the fact they are charging ridiculous fees to poor people all over the world to do transactions. They are the culprit of billions of unbanked people. After Bitcoin, a person with a nokia SMS phone will be able to be his/her own bank. Game over banksters, Bitcoin makes all of you deprecated.
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:17:14 AM

One of the reasons Western Union will be one of the first to go as the first victim of Bitcoin's superiority is the fact they are charging ridiculous fees to poor people all over the world to do transactions. They are the culprit of billions of unbanked people. After Bitcoin, a person with a nokia SMS phone will be able to be his/her own bank. Game over banksters, Bitcoin makes all of you deprecated.

That's a good one. WU indeed charges crazy fees for sending money around the world, had some experience with them. As said previously, Bitcoin could be the perfect option to convert fiat, send BTC and convert again.

After Bitcoin, a person with a nokia SMS phone will be able to be his/her own bank. Game over banksters, Bitcoin makes all of you deprecated.

There are actually already existing and widespread banking/payment system that can be used with phones (not only smartphones) for example in Africa. And then there is also https://www.37coins.com/ for sending Bitcoins via Phone. It could be a valid option, although the banking system has a strong foothold in our world and it is hard to replace a well-developed system.

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:29:59 PM

This will be the case only if Bitcoin doesn't get ruined by 1MBsters. If we don't increase the blocksize and the "let a fee market" develop ideology sticks, then Bitcoin will become an elitist speculation asset basically. The 6 billion people will remain unbanked, and you'll be able to thank all the idiots that concluded 1MB forever was the way to go.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:31:14 PM

Polish banks were charging 2% from any card trasactions,whatever debit credit,can you imagine what incomes thay had,there is 38mln polish citzens,about 28 mln adult,now thay are charging 0.5% also not bad
it is stealing

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:19:42 AM

Sure. For this the have banned bitcoin. And are fighting it with every tool they have. Their fees are to high and they benefit from their very wide network to maintain those high. People in need to send money to their parents in the country of origin have nothing to do except to accept those. Have no other way to send remittances in their country of origins where have all their families. In the poor countries to many families are maintained with the money of one or two members of the family which work in one developed country.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:27:18 AM

Citizen goes to his bank, deposits his money. Let's say 1000$, now govt looks at his transaction history and then decide how much of his money can be used to given as loans. The 200$ is saved at bank while the 800$ is used as a loan. The money banks make by giving loans credits maximum profit for them. Then transaction charges and all those office work they do, and they put service charge, that shit too accounts millions of money to them monthly for the billion bank users worldwide.
Furio (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:52:49 AM

Citizen goes to his bank, deposits his money. Let's say 1000$, now govt looks at his transaction history and then decide how much of his money can be used to given as loans. The 200$ is saved at bank while the 800$ is used as a loan. The money banks make by giving loans credits maximum profit for them. Then transaction charges and all those office work they do, and they put service charge, that shit too accounts millions of money to them monthly for the billion bank users worldwide.

Fractional banking, it's a fucking crime, any other person would be indicted for fraud, yet the system remains in place...

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: