Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:50:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What disk space is needed with 0.93.2 ??  (Read 982 times)
ImI (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 12:58:19 PM

Hi,

i am syncing right now and its already at 80 GB usage. Is a HD with 130GB enough??
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:52:10 PM

Hi,

i am syncing right now and its already at 80 GB usage. Is a HD with 130GB enough??

It's almost complete, but judging by the time of your post, you know already.

Vires in numeris
ImI (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 03:07:29 PM

Hi,

It's almost complete, but judging by the time of your post, you know already.

ok, so the database wont need another 40GB?
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 03:09:16 PM

If you're not using the supernode mode, then it should be done at somewhere close to 100GB.

Vires in numeris
ImI (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 03:13:41 PM

ok lets see

needs another day it says

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 03:17:05 PM

Just checked my own armory/bitcoin datadirs, it's a total of ~89 GB at this point in time. You should be alright.

Vires in numeris
doug_armory

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

Senior Developer - Armory

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 04:03:24 PM

Yeah, you'll be fine. Also, if you upgrade to 0.94 when it comes out, the amount of space will be cut by about half. My pre-release, fully synced Armory 0.94 DB is ~175 MB, with ~46 GB worth of blocks and another 1 GB worth of "chainstate" data under BC Core.

Senior Developer -  Armory Technologies, Inc.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 05:42:42 PM

Yeah, you'll be fine. Also, if you upgrade to 0.94 when it comes out, the amount of space will be cut by about half. My pre-release, fully synced Armory 0.94 DB is ~175 MB, with ~46 GB worth of blocks and another 1 GB worth of "chainstate" data under BC Core.

I don't want to eat up expensive SSD space, so I think there is a way you can point to use another drive for the database. I didn't spend bookoo money on an Intel 750 SSD for an 100GB blockchain DB.

One of these days the DB will just be too large for local machines. Unless developers figure something out I guess.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
doug_armory

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

Senior Developer - Armory

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 06:08:03 PM

I don't want to eat up expensive SSD space, so I think there is a way you can point to use another drive for the database. I didn't spend bookoo money on an Intel 750 SSD for an 100GB blockchain DB.

One of these days the DB will just be too large for local machines. Unless developers figure something out I guess.

There are two command line options. Use the "--datadir" option to change the Armory home directory (not that big a deal once 0.94 is released), and the "--satoshi-datadir" option to change the Bitcoin home directory (much more important since you'll still need a full blockchain).

Senior Developer -  Armory Technologies, Inc.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 06:35:19 PM

There are two command line options. Use the "--datadir" option to change the Armory home directory (not that big a deal once 0.94 is released), and the "--satoshi-datadir" option to change the Bitcoin home directory (much more important since you'll still need a full blockchain).

I just got this example from the wiki at "https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe" -datadir=d:\BitcoinData

I just installed, so I don't need to move anything. My bitcoin data directory is o:\blockchain
So my Armory settings should look like this, right?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: